Post-Game Talk: Carolina Dominates Detroit (5-3 Loss)

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
52c6367b31b66bef5be8c273382db9d6-jpg.151684

Kronwall pulls up on the first Canes goal rather than riding McGinn out, for some reason. McGinn has all the time in the world.

Miller leaves his man to triple team someone and Smith doesn't cover the cross-crease pass. Second Canes goal.

Smith is standing there doing nothing in particular, shot trickles right past him to the man he was supposed to be covering, third Canes goal.

Fourth Canes goal was a whiff on a centering pass by Green combined with a blown slot coverage by Smith.

Keep telling me about Smith's untapped potential. It's a myth. His brain does not work at game speed, which means he is not a good hockey player.

Nice snipe by Nyquist off a crazy pass by Z, Sheahan blocks the shot and lucks out as it rolls right onto his blade. We'll take it. Not enough though.

Wings need to find some way to get Smith and Ericsson off of the roster. Until that happens, the D is going to be shoddy.

Yemack deserves a star for gutting this one out until the end. Took a lot of heart for him not to turn it off. :D

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
well at least they should come out fresh tomorrow

love the nyquist snipe. interestingly that play Z to Nyquist is exactly what Habs are doing with Max Pac. should watch out for that. that guy's been sniping like crazy

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Same old same old from Smith, at least on 2 of the goals he was out of position, or leaving someone wide open...but nothing new from him, that's what he always does. Howard didn't help things either.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Same old same old from Smith, at least on 2 of the goals he was out of position, or leaving someone wide open...but nothing new from him, that's what he always does. Howard didn't help things either.

Agree with the Smith part. Howard part, not so much...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That was hard to watch. If these two Carolina games are not among our top 5 worst games of the season when it's all said and done, we are in trouble.

Outshot 83-39 in two games.

Worst part is now we have Montreal tomorrow and they look unbeatable. So fair chance we drop to 3-2 on the season.

I'm completely over both Smith and Kindl. Any time they pass the puck it's a 50% chance at best of getting to a Red Wings player.

Pulkkinen has been terrible, but he has 3 goals somehow so I guess he'll keep playing.

Can't wait for Dekeyser, Helm and Datsyuk to get back.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
Wings just looked flat tonight. Puck possession was bad. BUT, no team has ever gone 82-0-0. Gonna lose some. Just hope they clean it up against the Blowhards, we got them, what, 2 more times before October's over...?

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
So...

• Our first loss of the season
  • Blashill's first regulation loss
  • Carolina's first win in October since 2012
  • McGinn's first NHL goal
  • A Carolina player's (McGinn?) first NHL game
  • Staal's first goal against Detroit
  • Larkin's first minus I believe?

A lot of firsts happening tonight, not a lot of it good. What a brutal game, I can just hope they are as pissed off as we are about it and take it out on Montreal tomorrow.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Tatar got demoted to 3rd line then?

No he was on the second line all night.

Brendan Smith may have just played the worst game of his NHL career. He absolutely sits tomorrow and for the foreseeable future. So disgusted with him right now. You know there is something wrong when the entire team plays like crap and you are so noticeably crappier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad