GDT: Carolina @ Columbus: Semin's time to shine

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Next time that happens, you can quote this post where I say hits like this are a problem regardless of which team does them.

I'd want Gleason benched (in addition to suspension) for however long Jenner would be out. It has nothing to do with fandom, it has to do with the principle and bad hockey.
Ok, so if you're keeping score at home, that's 2. Still in the minority but it's also easy to to take that stance using a hypothetical. So let's call it 2*. ;)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
^How is that relevant? If he got blown up in the chest or shoulder, of course there wouldn't be an argument. He got hit in the head, so why are you all arguing something that didn't happen and has no relevance?

that's where I'm at also. I'm not blaming Tlusty for getting hit in the head and by the today's rules, it's illegal. If Tlusty makes that play going forward, he needs to be aware that a defenseman might legally knock him into next week.

BBA answered this question pretty well. The reason I'm talking about something that "didn't happen" is because if it's a legal play that's what SHOULD'VE happened. JMFJ made his mistake and will sit games for it. We both agree that he SHOULDN'T have done that. If he HADN'T done that, then it's ENTIRELY Tlusty's mistake. If you really want me to spell it out for you, Tlusty needs to act as if the other team isn't going to commit a penalty against him, at all (or most) times. If he acted like that, he would've avoided the hit, because the alternative outcome to a dirty hit in this situation was a clean hit that still would've been devastating.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If one of our guys hits a guy in the head from the blind side I expect him to be suspended. Period.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Ok, so if you're keeping score at home, that's 2. Still in the minority but it's also easy to to take that stance using a hypothetical. So let's call it 2*. ;)

I think the majority would be getting on Gleason. Some because they want illegal hits out of the way, and others because they've been waiting for Gleason to **** up since he signed that contract. :laugh:

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I think the majority would be getting on Gleason. Some because they want illegal hits out of the way, and others because they've been waiting for Gleason to **** up since he signed that contract. :laugh:
I know, as soon as I posted with Gleason's name I regretted it. Should have used Sekera.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I know, as soon as I posted with Gleason's name I regretted it. Should have used Sekera.

Keep me on the scoreboard, as I've always been a Gleason fanboy (including last year). The player and team don't matter; a dirty play is a dirty play and I'm for suspending anyone that partakes.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Keep me on the scoreboard, as I've always been a Gleason fanboy (including last year). The player and team don't matter; a dirty play is a dirty play and I'm for suspending anyone that partakes.
Duly noted but we're all out of I VOTED stickers. Interest you in a game-worn Semin sweater? Doesn't even need to be washed. :D

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
He only needs to learn two phrases.

Получить голову из задницы

and

Наведите ленивый российский задницу

Your russian/google translate is terrible..

It's - Вытащить голову из задницы

and i don't even understand what the second sentence means. It's just a bunch of unrelated words put together. What was the original English one. :)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Your russian/google translate is terrible..

It's - Вытащить голову из задницы

and i don't even understand what the second sentence means. It's just a bunch of unrelated words put together. What was the original English one. :)

Yeah, I know google translate isn't accurate, but it's all I have to work with and I figured 99% of this board would have to use the same. :laugh: If you plug them into google translate, you get:

"Get your head out of your ass"

and

"Move your lazy ass Russian"

(which came from Joe's post in one of the other threads).

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I know google translate isn't accurate, but it's all I have to work with and I figured 99% of this board would have to use the same. :laugh: If you plug them into google translate, you get:

"Get your head out of your ass"

and

"Move your lazy ass Russian"

(which came from Joe's post in one of the other threads).

"Move your lazy ass Russian" - "Двигай ленивую жопу, Русский"

Try to yell that over the glass when canes practice, watch his reaction and then share with us here.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
"Move your lazy ass Russian" - "Двигай ленивую жопу, Русский"

Try to yell that over the glass when canes practice, watch his reaction and then share with us here.

i will do it

"abnuhtan nehnbyoked xiony pychicken"

heh that will show him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad