- The game is at 7.

- We never do well against Columbus.

- This is my first GDT.

Discuss!

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
You stole Dave's GDT, by the way.

For that, it looks like the appropriate punishment is death.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I haven't checked, but are there confirmed defense pairings yet?

in keeping with "accountability", Liles should be in replacing Harry unless there are other factors involved.

the great and infamous Carolina Hurricanes beat writer, Chip Alexander, did some marvelous historical leg work and tweeted the other day that when Semin was scratched in Washington he came back and scored the next game in, but for the next 8 games after that he must have forgotten his "lesson" and went right back to "the way he typically plays the game". the future looks bleak.

the theme for tonight's game is "Under the Microscope and on a Short Leash!"

Thehair17

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta
The great and infamous Carolina Hurricanes beat writer, Chip Alexander, did some marvelous historical leg work and tweeted the other day that when Semin was scratched in Washington he came back and scored the next game in, but for the next 8 games after that he must have forgotten his "lesson" and went right back to "the way he typically plays the game".
Then we just scratch him every other game, problem solved.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
the great and infamous Carolina Hurricanes beat writer, Chip Alexander, did some marvelous historical leg work and tweeted the other day that when Semin was scratched in Washington he came back and scored the next game in, but for the next 8 games after that he must have forgotten his "lesson" and went right back to "the way he typically plays the game". the future looks bleak.

I don't think you're using quotes correctly. Here's what Chip actually posted...

Chip Alexander @ice_chip · Nov 2

Checking on how Semin responded to being a healthy scratch for the Caps in 11/21/11 game against Coyotes.

Chip Alexander @ice_chip · Nov 2

Back in Caps lineup the next game, Semin scored a goal against Jets. Then had one assist and was minus-8 in next 8 games.

Which, of course, tells us nothing, but misquoting someone to generate a narrative is a nice political move. Must be getting in the spirit of the season :laugh:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You stole Dave's GDT, by the way.

For that, it looks like the appropriate punishment is death.

As the board member of French descent, I volunteer to administer. We can build one of these in my backyard

Model27-16.JPG

Dave, do you know if our HOA would require me to do an architectural modification form for this since it's in my backyard and not my front yard? Or is it like my deck where everyone in a line of sight would have to sign off on it...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's official.

Chip Alexander
‏@ice_chip
Peters decision made: Semin is back in lineup after 2 games as healthy scratch.

And according to Mike Smith, Skinner's line is the 3rd line.

#Canes forward lines:
Tlusty-E. Staal-Semin
Gerbe-Nash-Lindholm
Skinner-McClement-Dwyer
Terry-Rask-Boychuk

Could just be spin, but the Canes "depth chart" also has it listed that way...although it's just semantics since the line that is more successful will likely see more time.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/depthchart.htm?dcid=12

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
It's official.

And according to Mike Smith, Skinner's line is the 3rd line.

Could just be spin, but the Canes "depth chart" also has it listed that way...although it's just semantics since the line that is more successful will likely see more time.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/depthchart.htm?dcid=12

yeah they will likely change but I thought the mantra was to NOT play guys like Boychuk and Rask in 4th line situations...?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
yeah they will likely change but I thought the mantra was to NOT play guys like Boychuk and Rask in 4th line situations...?

Don't take it so literally. You could get less minutes than another line but still not be out there, taking faceoffs deep in your zone, trying to "grind" it out. I'll be surprised if Boychuk-Rask-Terry get used that way, regardless of how many minutes they get.

Won't surprise me if Gerbe and Skinner do a bit of swapping around as well. Gerbe-McClement-Dwyer when it's a key defensive faceoff in the Canes zone for instance.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
why does it matter what the numbers on the lines say? when skinner was on the "third line" last year he was usually playing ~16 minutes a game. and that terry-rask-boychuk line won't be the prototypical 4th line grinding line...it'll be a soft minutes scoring line.

edit: what boom boom anton said

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Skinner will be back with Staal/Tlusty by mid 2nd period, and Semin will move down or benched all together.

Or in the least likely situation Semin will have a hat trick by mid 2nd period

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Not sure what to make of the lines....but I agree re: Harrison. He's played maybe 2 adequate games. The rest he was clearly the worst defenseman on the ice...including Faulk during his early season struggles. I'd be very surprised if this continues considering what Peters has demonstrated w/Sasha.

That being said, when we play the more physical teams, it does appear that Coach Bill likes to, for at least appearances sake, put out what should be a more physical blueline....totally discounting skill, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad