15930.jpg

87933336_slide.jpg

72846401-tuomo-ruutu-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-looks-gettyimages.jpg

Andrew_Ladd.JPG

79295990-tuomo-ruutu-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-skates-gettyimages.jpg

hurricanes' starter:

20130701-257586-best-pulled-pork-sandwich-chicago-lillies-q-3.jpg

chicagos' starter:

20140525-294370-best-deep-dish-pizza-art-of-pizza-primary-thumb-1500xauto-404176.jpg

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I'm looking at the wild card standings and see that as of right now the canes have the same number of reg/OT wins as the two teams in wild card spots. The canes, sens, panthers, flyers, and Sabres all have 14. The Lightning, Devils and penguins all have more but are currently out of a playoff spot. Vancouver is in a spot in the west with only 12. I really think they should start weighting reg wins more, or OT/shootout wins less.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm looking at the wild card standings and see that as of right now the canes have the same number of reg/OT wins as the two teams in wild card spots. The canes, sens, panthers, flyers, and Sabres all have 14. The Lightning, Devils and penguins all have more but are currently out of a playoff spot. Vancouver is in a spot in the west with only 12. I really think they should start weighting reg wins more, or OT/shootout wins less.

I'm not sure. All the teams know the rules going in and all the GMs look at this every year. It sucks when you are on the bad end of it, but the rules are known up front.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Chicago PBP guys are really all over the "too man men on the Ice" (not called). First time was marginal..but 2nd time, yeah..it should have been called.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
couple of times where they were definitely weathering the storm, but overall decent period

definitely werent the better team, but the canes are starting to look like an average team, they hung with them for the most part and had a few good chances

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
We have been screwed by the current point system as much as anyone. Cam Ward has to be one of the worst SO goalies in NHL History (obviously a very short time span).

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i dont go to other teams boards too often

but i forget how much other teams fans ***** about the refs so incessantly

then i remember how much we used to do that back when we had hope and/or optimism

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
What was said here?

Said Pesce entered the zone, then clarified it wasn't Joe Pesci.

Later after talking about Canes fielding 3 rookies, said Chicago would try to take advantage of the "Yoots."

The pesce/pesci thing was stupid, but working in Yoots on the fly was pretty solid stuff. Got a laugh out of me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad