GDT: Carolina @ Brooklyn: The spooky I slept in and can't do what I wanted to edition

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Great game by Jordan, dominant pretty much all the time and two nice assist.

Hainsey wins Maurice Richard this year.

First win for Eddie, good!

Good night people, sleep well.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Pesce is good. Not sure for Slavin, Carrick, Ganly and McKeown but Pesce is really good. He should be regular and he probably will pretty soon.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
Jordan Staal was a force tonight. Very tenacious and fast. He is hard to stop when he plays like that. Let's hope he keeps it up.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Gotta love a winning state fair road trip. Hopefully when the home cooking catches up, the Canes will be half way decent.

Glad to see Lack get on track. Loved Jordan's game of course. At least Skinner was willing to take a hit a few times, even though still not in a dangerous area, but also not stupid hits. Pesce is awesome to watch so far at least. Hanifin played smarter mostly I thought, if not perfect. If we get a few of our players going that still haven't done much and even a semi competent power play, we may be the team that's at least competitive on any given night like we all hoped for.

And of course, Ron MFing Hainsey.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Faulk was trash. Gave up at least 3 2-on-1s with horrible plays, but the worst was in OT where he decided to skate in the zone and take a bad angle backhand shot, essentially handing the puck to the Islanders. Very similar to when he dumped puck in on the last 3-on-3. The rest of the team seems to understand that possession needs to be established. They'll circle back in the neutral zone if there's no available zone entry or pass the puck around until there's a good scoring chance. Maybe it's just two plays but he's done it on both his 3-on-3 shifts so far.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
Did anyone else hear Liles yell "get the wheelchair" as the players were leaving the ice after the celebration? I assume he was joking about Hainsey.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Pesce is good. Not sure for Slavin, Carrick, Ganly and McKeown but Pesce is really good. He should be regular and he probably will pretty soon.

IMO, if he keeps this up, he should just become one now. Just leave him in the lineup to fill Wiz's spot, keep Jordan as the #7.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Maybe he read all the **** we were talking about him

He saw the video.

Did anyone else hear Liles yell "get the wheelchair" as the players were leaving the ice after the celebration? I assume he was joking about Hainsey.

Yeah, along the lines of "get the wheelchair for Ronny".

Skinner had a really solid game. I'm glad Eric showed up to play the final 15 minutes, which was pretty much the only part of watching that game that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out. That was really ****ing boring hockey for a good 50 minutes.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
When the schedule came out, I looked at this road trip and thought that it would push the team off of the bubble in a hurry. To go 4-3 on the road against Detroit (x2), Washington, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose and the Islanders, for this group, is impressive.

Skinner deserves a mention for another solid two-way performance. He’s really turned into quite the puck hound on the backcheck.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Faulk was trash. Gave up at least 3 2-on-1s with horrible plays, but the worst was in OT where he decided to skate in the zone and take a bad angle backhand shot, essentially handing the puck to the Islanders. Very similar to when he dumped puck in on the last 3-on-3. The rest of the team seems to understand that possession needs to be established. They'll circle back in the neutral zone if there's no available zone entry or pass the puck around until there's a good scoring chance. Maybe it's just two plays but he's done it on both his 3-on-3 shifts so far.

100% agree with this. I said the exact same thing out loud when he took a weak backhander from the goal line in OT. When every other player in the NHL seems to understand that once you give up possession in OT its almost impossible to get it back, yet he doesn't seem to get it. F****** dumasss

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Faulk was a train wreck tonight. And the Canes won. Not sure how that's even remotely possible, but here we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad