GDT: carnyi

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The only thing I can think of is that it hit the heel of his blade which may have been even with the cross bar. The toe ways way over.

Reactions: Tryamw

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Love to be wrong. Nice

Call on the ice stands, so it's inconclusive.

Would be very difficult to conclusively call something above the shoulder, when the "shoulder" is so vague anyway (top of the shoulder pad? Does the whole puck have to be above the whole shoulder? What if he's crouching and comes up and his shoulder's now in two different places during the play, etc.)

That said, I didn't know you could review high sticks in the zone (i.e. not the one that actually scored the goal).

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Inconclusive review, call on the ice stands. Thank f***ing god.

Sucks we gave an extra point to the team we're chasing, but we got the win. But we still ain't in a good position, and we can't take the foot off the gas again.

Annoying yes, but I'm hoping this is just a huge mental hurdle for this team to finally grab two points.

Also, so happy for Tro. this could be HUGE for him.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Too hard to determine if it was at the shoulders or not. It looked right in the vicinity of Svech’s shoulders. Ref calling it a goal on the ice was massive.
Exactly. When you're unable to determine the call on the ice stands. The two angles looked as different as they possibly could for making the judgement so goal on the ice = goal after review.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No because it goes off the crossbar after that. It’s a shot essentially.

But that's not what scored the goal. Hitting the puck above the crossbar doesn't blow the play dead if it's still below your shoulder. It just causes a scored goal to not count. Otherwise anything can be considered a "shot", even if it's in your own zone (maybe just a weak, really bad shot).

Hitting the crossbar with your stick above the crossbar and below your shoulder is perfectly legal. No play blown dead, no goal called off (since no goal was scored).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad