TSN: Carlo Calaiacovo rumour about Rick Nash (TOR)

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Nash should hang them up. Hes had too many concussions and cannot finish, especially in the playoffs. Hes just a big name.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nash after Christmas on a cheap 1 year deal to play beside Kadri has literally no negative effect.

Even if he absolutely sucks, it's over at the end of the season and the pro-rated contract will likely be in and around a million dollars.

Nash isn't better than Leivo or Ennis?

People are insane.

Yes - the Leafs could use an upgrade on D. Easier said than done. Why does this prevent them from making a chea signing up front that makes them better?

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Nash after Christmas on a cheap 1 year deal to play beside Kadri has literally no negative effect.

Even if he absolutely sucks, it's over at the end of the season and the pro-rated contract will likely be in and around a million dollars.

Nash isn't better than Leivo or Ennis?

People are insane.

Yes - the Leafs could use an upgrade on D. Easier said than done. Why does this prevent them from making a chea signing up front that makes them better?
Well, with Leivo, you’ve got a young guy who deserves a shot to prove himself, while Nash will be there for half a season and then gone.

Ennis, yea whatever. Looked a lot better in preseason than regular season. Happens every year.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Well, with Leivo, you’ve got a young guy who deserves a shot to prove himself, while Nash will be there for half a season and then gone.

Ennis, yea whatever. Looked a lot better in preseason than regular season. Happens every year.
If Leivo hasn't proven himself by Christmas, I don't care how 'young' he is.

I'd rather Grundstrom take his spot next year regardless in that case.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nash - Kadri - Kapanen would be absolutley insane as a THIRD line.

Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown following behind as the FOURTH unit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I doubt this profusely. Dude lives in Columbus and had some meetings with Jarmo and JD in the offseason. If he comes back at all (which I'm not certain of) it's more likely than not going to be Columbus. He's not a guy who has ever liked the bright spotlight of a place like Toronto.

I think Toronto and Columbus make the most sense. He has connections to both teams, both in terms of location, and with players/management on the respective teams.

As a Leaf fan, as much as adding Nash would be cool, I'd also be content in seeing Nash back in the Blue Jackets jersey purely on the basis of nostalgia :laugh:

Reactions: CBJFan827

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad