GDT: carla

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Just curious, why my gdt thread gone? :(

Well no offense but first you blatantly circumvented the etiquette for GDTs on this board, then when the inevitable opposition to your actions trickled in, proceeded to proclaim that it wasn't working anyway so time to change it up. Just a guess.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Well no offense but first you blatantly circumvented the etiquette for GDTs on this board, then when the inevitable opposition to your actions trickled in, proceeded to proclaim that it wasn't working anyway so time to change it up. Just a guess.

Fair enough and no offense taken. I was just having a little to much fun. I'll take another shot at GDT when a loss happens (which will hopefully not be anytime soon, wouldn't mind a hank win streak one bit)

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
My two cents on the religious thing, since you were all asking, is that it's hard to relate to someone who makes everything about one subject no matter what the subject. The same reason we have no idea about how devout Cam Ward is would be a good example. Eric Staal, too. The vibe you get when everything you hear about a person is about one thing, it dehumanizes them and makes them seem antiseptic. I have no idea about Slavin the person, but have probably read 10+ articles about his faith. Seems a little one dimensional, but if he's happy I'm happy for him.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Personally, I'd say deleting an established GDT is probably worse mojo than having the wrong creator.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I like that at the same time we have this discussion on religion and a bunch of people that are relying on the fact that the starter of a GDT matters in any way.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
And the Lord sayeth "Thou shalt not start a game thread when it is not thou's turn or thou shalt be smited with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy thy win streak"

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wasn't carana a loss? I mean, I don't really care but carla should have never existed

:dunno:

the "rule" we've been using since mid last year has been as long at you get a point, you get the next GDT. So carana had a point, thus carla was valid.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I like that at the same time we have this discussion on religion and a bunch of people that are relying on the fact that the starter of a GDT matters in any way.

Meh, the latter is all in good fun, like someone wearing their "lucky jersey".

Frankly, as long as that Slavin holding 2 sharks image ends up in the "new" GDT, I'll be happy.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I don't understand the main board sometimes. :shakehead On the hurricanes thread, everyone just bashing Doughty and doesn't even care about the play or the teams involved. Granted who cares about us, but still.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Who starts a GDT is so important that a perfectly good one is deleted so that we may not have one for over an hour on GAME DAY. And its replacement will consist entirely of 4 dots. This is not the moderation we need, but it's the moderation we deserve.

Seriously, gang?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
My two cents on the religious thing, since you were all asking, is that it's hard to relate to someone who makes everything about one subject no matter what the subject. The same reason we have no idea about how devout Cam Ward is would be a good example. Eric Staal, too. The vibe you get when everything you hear about a person is about one thing, it dehumanizes them and makes them seem antiseptic. I have no idea about Slavin the person, but have probably read 10+ articles about his faith. Seems a little one dimensional, but if he's happy I'm happy for him.

I think that's likely because it's an angle that can draw interest of readers, and like you said, since he's still just 1+ years with the team, we DON'T know much about him.

I know for a fact that Wesley is also very devout and has professed this many times, been part of Hockey Ministries/Christian hockey camps, etc....... but since he's been around the team so much longer, we got to know other sides of him.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Who starts a GDT is so important that a perfectly good one is deleted so that we may not have one for over an hour on GAME DAY. And its replacement will consist entirely of 4 dots. This is not the moderation we need, but it's the moderation we deserve.

Seriously, gang?

It's all we have really.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
And the Lord sayeth "Thou shalt not start a game thread when it is not thou's turn or thou shalt be smited with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy thy win streak"

"So that he, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it"

Armaments 2:21

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
From the innocence of five,
An evil army shall arise,
When the blossoms shower down like rain,
My dark kingdom shall come again,
There is one who can stop me, if he will dare,
With the heart of a child, and a mother's care...

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Meh, the latter is all in good fun, like someone wearing their "lucky jersey".

Frankly, as long as that Slavin holding 2 sharks image ends up in the "new" GDT, I'll be happy.

I'll post it back up when I get home in just a bit haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad