Rumor: Carl Klingberg headed to Russia

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Missed the point.

The point was that Glass or no Glass, we won the Presidents Trophy.

He's not the reason we win or lose games.

Neither would have been Stemp or Sheppard.

So Rick Nash is able to will a game himself to wins, and it is his fault if they lose, or Lunkers fault because he let in a soft goal, but adding a better player to the roster over a useless slug who contributes absolutely zero has no chance of scoring ONE big goal that could make a difference?

Okay.

Every player in your roster is integral at some point and can be the difference in winning a 'Cup. You always ice the best team possible because you never know.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
In 2014, we had a viable 4th line and went to the SCF. We really didn't have a viable 4th line in 2015. Glass was an anchor who brought down everyone around him. Including Stempniak. As a result, we didn't have a viable 4th line this year. Think about how many goals we got from 4th line players in the playoffs last year. Clearly the choice of Glass impacted us.

I also think, fwiw, that AV should have scratched Glass instead of Shepp in game 7 of the ECF. Not that it would have made the biggest difference in the world, but Glass is clearly an inferior offensive player to shepp.

Glass is not the reason we are not playing still. As bad as he was during the Reg. Season he was better in the PO's.

The reason we lost is scoring 3 goals in 4 homes games to Tampa.

If Tanner ****ing Glass is the reason we are losing games 2-0 then we have much bigger fish to fry.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Glass is not the reason we are not playing still. As bad as he was during the Reg. Season he was better in the PO's.

The reason we lost is scoring 3 goals in 4 homes games to Tampa.

If Tanner ****ing Glass is the reason we are losing games 2-0 then we have much bigger fish to fry.

Yea but just think about how the 4th line would've magically scored goals and made up for the other 9 forwards not doing their job, had Tanner Glass been gone. :sarcasm:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
So Rick Nash is able to will a game himself to wins, and it is his fault if they lose, or Lunkers fault because he let in a soft goal, but adding a better player to the roster over a useless slug who contributes absolutely zero has no chance of scoring ONE big goal that could make a difference?

Okay.

Every player in your roster is integral at some point and can be the difference in winning a 'Cup. You always ice the best team possible because you never know.

At the end of the day, a guy that plays less than 7 minutes a night should NEVER be the reason you win or lose a game.

If that is the conclusion you are drawing here, then you are barking up the wrong tree for a scape goat.

Scorers not scoring are the reason we lost.

AV getting schooled at home is the reason we lost.

Glass? Not even top 10 on the list of reasons why this team lost.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
At the end of the day, a guy that plays less than 7 minutes a night should NEVER be the reason you win or lose a game.

If that is the conclusion you are drawing here, then you are barking up the wrong tree for a scape goat.

I'm not trying to scapegoat. I'm not blaming Glass for them losing, or even the entire 4th line. I just think it is disingenuous to claim that one player can make a difference but on the other hand say it's totally fine to ice an inferior roster because those 4th line guys don't matter.

Well guess what, especially now more than ever, they do. Depth wins 'Cups. You need a 3rd and 4th line whom can cover for your 2nd and 1st line if they aren't getting it done. that doesn't mean they'll always score or pick up the slack, but it can be the difference between winning and losing.

A scapegoat is blaming Rick Nash or blaming Lundqvist.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC

With the way the game is currently played, and especially given how this team is constructed, you shouldn't even HAVE a player who can only be trusted to play seven minutes a night. While Glass may not have done a whole lot either way on his own, he saddles the 4th line and makes it a lot harder to roll lines the way we'd like to. The 2014 fourth line was pretty much matchup proof. They could be played against just about any line the opposition trotted out. The 2015 fourth line needed its shifts carefully managed to ensure it wasn't out against the other team's top guys, because when it was, it seldom went well.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm not trying to scapegoat. I'm not blaming Glass for them losing, or even the entire 4th line. I just think it is disingenuous to claim that one player can make a difference but on the other hand say it's totally fine to ice an inferior roster because those 4th line guys don't matter.

Well guess what, especially now more than ever, they do. Depth wins 'Cups. You need a 3rd and 4th line whom can cover for your 2nd and 1st line if they aren't getting it done. that doesn't mean they'll always score or pick up the slack, but it can be the difference between winning and losing.

A scapegoat is blaming Rick Nash or blaming Lundqvist.

And what I am saying is that this team with Glass broke our Franchise single season wins total and points total.

What I am saying is that had this team been healthy on Defence and Zucc not missing the ECF the Rangers are playing still.

What I am saying is that had our scorers scored when we had the last change for favorable match ups and not got completely shut down (3 goals in four games IS completely shut down) we are still playing.

Stemp or Shepp were not changing the outcome of this series.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Please go ahead and tell me that Boyle-Moore-Dorsett/Carcillo weren't huge last playoffs and the downgrade to Glass-Moore-Sheppard didn't make a difference. I'll laugh in your face.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Please go ahead and tell me that Boyle-Moore-Dorsett/Carcillo weren't huge last playoffs and the downgrade to Glass-Moore-Sheppard didn't make a difference. I'll laugh in your face.

100%. That's why I laugh when people say the 4th line was great these playoffs. What does that make last years? The greatest of all time?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Glass completely changed how AV could use his 4th line compared to last year. He abused last year's 4th line with defensive zone starts because he knew he could rely on their defensive play to prevent scoring chances.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I love how once Glass shows up, what's expected of our 4th line just plummets completely

The last 5 years it was "Where's our depth!!! We need goals when the top guys are struggling!"

Now it's "How can you expect the 4th line to score when no one else is !?"

Absolutely boggles my mind.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014

This point is the crux of the entire argument against Glass. This is essentially irrefutable.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Yea but just think about how the 4th line would've magically scored goals and made up for the other 9 forwards not doing their job, had Tanner Glass been gone. :sarcasm:

My memory is a tad fuzzy. What was the score of game 6 against the Habs? Who scored the goal?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm convinced.

It's Tanner Glass Fault that we are not playing tomorrow night.

It's Glass fault that the Rangers got out played in the match ups they preferred.

It's Glass fault that McDonagh shot a puck at Zucc's noggin

It's Glass fault that both Staal and Girardi needed surgery

It's Glass fault that Kreider went 0-0-0 and a -2 in the last three games of the series.

It's Glass fault that Stepan went 0-0-0 and with an even +/- rating in the final 4 games.

It's Glass fault that Nash posted points in just 2 of 7 games and none in critical loss games 5 and 7.

In big games, you need your best players to step up.

But I guess it's Glass fault that that didn't happen.

I'm completely convinced.

Thank you!

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I'm convinced.

It's Glass fault that the Rangers got out played in the match ups they preferred.

It's Glass fault that Kreider went 0-0-0 and a -2 in the last three games of the series.

It's Glass fault that Stepan went 0-0-0 and with an even +/- rating in the final 4 games.

It's Glass fault that Nash posted points in just 2 of 7 games and none in critical loss games 5 and 7.

Thank you!

job well done everybody! :laugh:

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Should have never gotten rid of Stempniak in the first place. Could have made other moves to fit in the Yandle trade.

Stempniak would have helped our bottom 6 tremendously in the playoffs, which is exactly what this team needed.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I love how once Glass shows up, what's expected of our 4th line just plummets completely

The last 5 years it was "Where's our depth!!! We need goals when the top guys are struggling!"

Now it's "How can you expect the 4th line to score when no one else is !?"

Absolutely boggles my mind.

This.

And yea, Glass didn't totally suck in the playoffs. Mostly because all of his starts came in the offensive zone. And our 1st line was forced to take defensive zone starts. Which really worked out for us.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'm convinced.

Thank you!
Thank god you get it now

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I'm convinced.

Thank you!

Carcillo scored the series winner against the Flyers.

Boyle scored the series winner against the Penguins.

Moore scored the series winner against the Habs.

That's what should be discussed not what you posted above. What you posted isn't even close to what ANYBODY is saying. Nobody is blaming Glass for losing game 7. Not even a little bit but questioning the lineup choice, why not? You act like it's a crazy question......on a message board......with nothing else to talk about.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I'm convinced.

Thank you!

This is just ridiculous. Everyone knows it was Chris Drury's fault.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Carcillo scored the series winner against the Flyers.

Boyle scored the series winner against the Penguins.

Moore scored the series winner against the Habs.

That's what should be discussed not what you posted above. What you posted isn't even close to what ANYBODY is saying. Nobody is blaming Glass for losing game 7. Not even a little bit but questioning the lineup choice, why not? You act like it's a crazy question......on a message board......with nothing else to talk about.

Game 4 - CHI vs. TB; Toews, Saad; Killorn
Game 7 - TB vs. NYR; Killorn, Palat
Game 7 - CHI vs ANA; Toews (2), Saad, Hossa, Seabrook

I don't see any fourth liners scoring for the SC finalists lately in their big games.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Without a doubt Tanner Glass was the worst player that the Rangers gave regular ice time to last year. Saying over and over again how he is the worst player in the league though is tiresome and ignorant. There are a lot of players who are worse as players and there are a lot of players who have much more horrible contracts. Taking a look around the Rangers own division and setting the other 3 divisions aside:

The Flyers--who here would rather have Vinny LeCavalier's 3 remaining years at a $4.5 mil per year clip? Or how about Andrew MacDonald's 5 year $25 mil contract? Is there anyone here who really think that the likes of Zac Rinaldo, Ryan White, Radko Gudas, Ray Emery, Carlo Coloaicovo or Pierre Edouard Bellemare would all be great improvements? Maybe Bellemare--I don't know.

The Pens--Craig Adams? Rob Scuderi (2 years left at $3.375 mil per)? Maxim Lapierre? How about Steve Downie?--there is some talent there as long as you don't give a **** how many dumb ass penalties he'll take for you.

The Isles--3 years of Mikhail Grabovski at $5 mil per and 3 years of Nikolai Kulemin at $4.187 mil per. I think I just threw up in my mouth. Cal Clutterbuck--nice 4th line player. Who pays 4th line wings $2.75 mil per year? 2 years left of that. Anyone know off the top of their heads how much a 38 year old Lubomir Visnovsky made last year? $6 mil for a guy who is not only small and ancient but a concussion waiting to happen. Eric Boulton hardly saw the ice last year. But he was healthy and on their roster all season long. Tyler Kennedy.

The Devils--Ryane Clowe's contract has 3 more years to run at $4.850 per clip. Tuomo Ruuttu made $3.8 mil last year--he put up 7 goals and 13 points. That's pretty bad. Just about as bad Dainus Zubrus made $3.1 mil and put up 4 goals and 10 points. But worst of all Martin Havlat made $6 mil and scored 5 goals and 14 points. And then there's Captain Salvador. Peter '****ing' Harrold, Stephen Gionta and Mark Fraser. WTF!

Columbus--I don't know about anyone else here but I'd rather have Tanner Glass for two more years at $1.45 mil per than David Clarkson for the next 5 at $5.250 mil per year. And Rene Bourque was so piss poor for the Canadiens before they moved him along that he actually got some AHL games. Still one year left for him at $3.333 mil. Jared Boll is a fighter like Glass. Probably a worse player too and he doesn't even penalty kill at all. He makes $1.7 mil. And then there's still Jack Skille, Corey Tropp and Justin Falk.

Carolina--Alexander Semin did put up 6 goals and 19 points and we all know he's a talented guy but he's also a **** head with 3 more years at $7 mil a year. Jack Hillen and Brett Bellemore aren't better players than Glass either.

and finally the Caps--I like Brooks Laich. I don't like Brooks Laich at $4.5 mil for the next two years if all he's going to put up is 7 goals and 20 points. Michael Latta, John Erskine, Tim Gleason.

Some might argue that they'd rather have a bunch of the above on the team than Tanner Glass but I'd rather have Glass on our team than those listed above. The point is he is not the worst player in the league--he's not even close and if I did the entire league this would be about 3 times longer. He just happens to be the worst player on the Rangers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad