Confirmed with Link: Carl Hagelin signed (4 years, 4m AAV)

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I literally paid for my mini plan right before this came out an I like to think my money went right to him haha

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
If Silfveberg can fetch 3.75 Hagelin could get 4. I'm just happy it wasn't more than that. Solid deal. I was starting to get afraid they'd settle on a one or two-year deal which would have really sucked considering the assets we gave up to get him. Very excited to see how he fits in with the team.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Was hoping for a little less AAV, but I like the term and it's not too pricey. Nice to have 5/6 of the top 6 forwards locked up through '18-19, certainly helps clarify the financial picture a bit moving forward.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I'm happy with this deal. Now Bob just needs to extend Hampus before he becomes too expensive (not that they wouldn't still sign him). I have a feeling that man is going to have a huge year.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Leverage-wise we had to pay Hagelin more than Silfverberg, but I suspect Silfverberg will actually deserve more based on his play over these contracts.

Still a very fair contract, just not a good deal like the other one.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
This sets up an interesting Beleskey vs Hagelin comparison though. 4 million vs 3.8 million.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
This guy better be putting up 20 goals or 50 points for that kinda coin.

we bought up UFA years and he seems to be a real heart and soul guy with a ton of defensive capabilities as well as some offensive. i'd say if he put up around 35-40 points he'd be earning his paycheque. anything more gets us better value.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
we bought up UFA years and he seems to be a real heart and soul guy with a ton of defensive capabilities as well as some offensive. i'd say if he put up around 35-40 points he'd be earning his paycheque. anything more gets us better value.

Better temper those expectations if that's what you're expecting out of Hagelin, or out of 4 million for that matter. Hell, Kesler didn't even put up those numbers.

Bob loves two way players. They bring more to the table than snipers. I love Bobby and Teemu, but they both had their obvious flaws. There's a price difference between Bobby and Teemu along with where they would play. I'm okay with Teemu, but I expect more out of Bobby.

Yet we still need scorers. So we're hoping that Silf and Hags can improve their offense while playing the two way game. It's nice knowing we got lots of speed in Cogs, Hags, Kes, and Silf. That speed helps on the PK and counters with our PMD's.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This sets up an interesting Beleskey vs Hagelin comparison though. 4 million vs 3.8 million.

Yes indeed...

One thing is that looks like Hagelin doesn`t have a no-trade clause.

PS
Can you put players on expansion draft if they have a no-trade clause? And can`t if they have a no-movement clause, right?
Bels have a no-trade clause

Anyway this will be interesting to compare down the road.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I love all the cheapshots by Ranger fans on their former player on the mainboard. Stay classy. :rolleyes:

what? Don`t see anything like that, there is maybe ONE guy who does that. All the rest is saying only nice things.
You are mad because they say he`s more of a 3d liner than a 2nd liner? Well that`s not a cheapshot and it actually might be true assessment.

I just don`t like this ''brand all fan base for one poster'' thing. I hate when some other fans say it about us. Imagine our fanbase being compared to ducksgo alone :laugh:

I read a lot of decent posts about Hags there by Rangers fans

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I literally paid for my mini plan right before this came out an I like to think my money went right to him haha

Yeah, me too. You're welcome Carl.

Did you get the 12 game plan? I went with the 12 game Gold Plan (the third jersey one).

Bob loves two way players. They bring more to the table than snipers. I love Bobby and Teemu, but they both had their obvious flaws. There's a price difference between Bobby and Teemu along with where they would play. I'm okay with Teemu, but I expect more out of Bobby.

Yet we still need scorers. So we're hoping that Silf and Hags can improve their offense while playing the two way game. It's nice knowing we got lots of speed in Cogs, Hags, Kes, and Silf. That speed helps on the PK and counters with our PMD's.

That's the plan. Get them off balance with all these speedy fast balls, then confuse them with the slow change up of Perry/Getz/Maroon. Solid strategy.

I'm pretty excited to see what Hagelin can do on this team!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
A touch high but given how many UFA years we bought pretty fair. 35-40 point players seem to be worth $4M these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00