Waived: Carl Dahlstrom (Claimed by Winnipeg)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
That’s the lowest bar to clear I’ve ever heard of.
oIsKpXd.gif

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Carl Dahlstrom is a low risk project. Like Comrie who we developed, he was a 2nd rounder taken 8 spots before Comrie. He has size and hopefully he will buy into the Jets development program like Chiarot did and grow as a player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Carl Dahlstrom is a low risk project. Like Comrie who we developed, he was a 2nd rounder taken 8 spots before Comrie. He has size and hopefully he will buy into the Jets development program like Chiarot did and grow as a player.
feel warm inside knowing if that doesn't happen he can be used as a parking lot pylon cone on game days..

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
feel warm inside knowing if that doesn't happen he can be used as a parking lot pylon cone on game days..
Yeah calling dahlstrom a low risk project is very flattering. He is what he is. He turns 25 this season. There's no more untapped potential left if he couldn't make this D squad out of camp

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yeah calling dahlstrom a low risk project is very flattering. He is what he is. He turns 25 this season. There's no more untapped potential left if he couldn't make this D squad out of camp

Not to mention he was one of JC's "guys" who was recalled almost immediately once JC took over. Then he was displaced by KoKo mid-season and never regained his spot, which was a lowly depth defenseman on a team in need of defense.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I am not sure I would move back to raise my family to be honest. I love coming back to visit but I actually think Minneapolis is a better place to raise my family.

Gotta disagree with you here. Although I would say it in the cook county limits there's a ton of beautiful giant sprawling suburbs where kids have it made yet you still have access to the 1 million cool things to do around Chicago.

Hey, guess what, all your cities are better than Trashville, the place I currently call home!

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Gotta disagree with you here. Although I would say it in the cook county limits there's a ton of beautiful giant sprawling suburbs where kids have it made yet you still have access to the 1 million cool things to do around Chicago.

Hey, guess what, all your cities are better than Trashville, the place I currently call home!
I had a blast in Nashville, love to visit but would hate to live there lol...

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
this made me laugh my ass off!!!

I can't stop watching it.
There's like a 1/1,000,000th of a second when he knows it's all over. OMFG this simultaneously the funniest AND brutal-est GIF I've ever seen.
Thoughts & prayers - not for him, for ME, that it's not me on that security camera. Lord knows I've F'd up a time or ... ten. T/y Jesus.

Full disclose - I'm not exactly Mr Churchgoer but ... When in Rome ... visit the Vatican.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
CD now probably takes out Kanefor the season with some flakey hit...and/or he develops in the Peg into a better stat line than Seabrook or Murphy.

Ok so 4k beat him out for 7th D despite CD was a +9 last season and 4K was negative 4...
But Dahlstrom had a poor main camp this season and that sealed his fate.

But...D-Cat has had a poir main camp this season too...yet he gets benefit of the doubt he will return to lastxseason form when puck drops for real.

How do we know 4K won't return to lastxseason (meh) form when puck drops for real or that Dahlstrom won't be as bad,as he was in pre-season after joining ing the Jets and puck drooing forcreal.

Nobody can know how things will turn out..but we do know that 7th dman hardly make much difference...good or bad ..Let us just say that JC made his decision on performance at this camp and not on what he saw last season. Does mean 4k will turn out the right choice o er the course of the season..we will see.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
CD now probably takes out Kanefor the season with some flakey hit...and/or he develops in the Peg into a better stat line than Seabrook or Murphy.

Ok so 4k beat him out for 7th D despite CD was a +9 last season and 4K was negative 4...
But Dahlstrom had a poor main camp this season and that sealed his fate.

But...D-Cat has had a poir main camp this season too...yet he gets benefit of the doubt he will return to lastxseason form when puck drops for real.

How do we know 4K won't return to lastxseason (meh) form when puck drops for real or that Dahlstrom won't be as bad,as he was in pre-season after joining ing the Jets and puck drooing forcreal.

Nobody can know how things will turn out..but we do know that 7th dman hardly make much difference...good or bad ..Let us just say that JC made his decision on performance at this camp and not on what he saw last season. Does mean 4k will turn out the right choice o er the course of the season..we will see.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad