Waived: Carl Dahlstrom (Claimed by Winnipeg)

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Minnesota is gahbage simply because the only time I went there, on the way home I got caught up in a blizzard and fish tailed right in front of a semi truck, thank goodness it didn't hit my SUV.

Anyways, I came to find out what the true story is about Carl Dahlstrom. What potential does he truly possess? As a former 2nd round selection he must have some potential skills besides size.
Doesnt really have NHL wheels.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We have strong attendance in :

CFL, NHL, AHL, WHL, Minor league baseball, and soccer, so I'm not sure what you mean at all.

We have a notoriously strong list of restaurants and get any name act Minneapolis gets, in addition to a lot of cultural events.

I'd wager you have no familiarity at all with Winnipeg

I have traveled there for work multiple times and have been there for a Jets game twice. Winnipeg is a very nice city but it is not as nice as the Twin Cities. I have not lived there so I will admit that.

The Twin Cites has 3.3 million people living here compared to the 782k that Winnipeg has so this has a lot to do with some of this stuff. The people of Winnipeg are very similar to the Twin Cities in how polite and kind they are. Great people.

The foods scene is not that strong. Check the James Beard award winners.

Minneapolis has every major sport here all with world class stadiums/arenas (including soccer). The minor league baseball team also has great attendance. There are high school hockey teams here that have crazy attendance numbers along with selling out the Xcel Energy Center every year for the High School Tourney (130K people). You don't get every show (example Post Malone who played Vancouver and Toronto) so I am not sure why you are claiming this.

This is not even talking about the economy here.

I'd wager you don't know anything about about Minnesota or the Twin Cities.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Come to think of it I liked Duluth better then Minneapolis as well

Duluth felt like a more exotic Des Moines

People were friendly and it seemed like great place to live

What we have all learned is that BWC doesn't know much about cities.

Duluth is pretty but also just a river town. Big fan of Dubuque, Iowa as well?

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I have traveled there for work multiple times and have been there for a Jets game twice. Winnipeg is a very nice city but it is not as nice as the Twin Cities. I have not lived there so I will admit that.

The Twin Cites has 3.3 million people living here compared to the 782k that Winnipeg has so this has a lot to do with some of this stuff. The people of Winnipeg are very similar to the Twin Cities in how polite and kind they are. Great people.

The foods scene is not that strong. Check the James Beard award winners.

Minneapolis has every major sport here all with world class stadiums/arenas (including soccer). The minor league baseball team also has great attendance. There are high school hockey teams here that have crazy attendance numbers along with selling out the Xcel Energy Center every year for the High School Tourney (130K people). You don't get every show (example Post Malone who played Vancouver and Toronto) so I am not sure why you are claiming this.

This is not even talking about the economy here.

I'd wager you don't know anything about about Minnesota or the Twin Cities.

I like Minneapolis/StP and go often, as well as have family there. I've been going my whole life.

There is not a huge difference between the two places.

America has more people in general, yes, that is the biggest difference

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Chicago > both Winnipeg and Minneapolis so this argument is as irrelevant as Carl Dahlstrom is to me.

I am not sure I would move back to raise my family to be honest. I love coming back to visit but I actually think Minneapolis is a better place to raise my family.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wonder how long before he is playing for the Moose

At the very least he wont have to worry about relocating if sent down to Moose since he will still play in same city and building

Reactions: joshprost99

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I am a fan of every city discussed here, and hope to visit Chicago soon.

I'll leave it at that and say this depth signing is a big meh from me :laugh:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Winnipeg picked up one of our DMen scrubs on waivers? That does not bode well for the Jets. Good luck Hellebuyck! Welcome to 45+ SOG per game HELL. We saved you a seat.
I imagine he only sits in the press box barring injury

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Great discussion guys, really.

Anyways, I came to find out what the true story is about Carl Dahlstrom. What potential does he truly possess? As a former 2nd round selection he must have some potential skills besides size.

He's a pretty decent skater, not overly fast but good mobility and turning. A stay at home type that isn't physical but tries to be smart with his stick and positioning. No game offensively or in transition at all.

He's a 7D ideally but can be a bottom pairing defender. He was good defensively when he started getting games last year, but became inconsistent and showed quite a few lapses especially positioning wise.

In the preseason he continued to show his worse side unfortunately but paired with the right he guy he can be a solid bottom pairing d for you guys.

Wish him all the best in WPG, he's a nice kid.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
What does that say about where Winnipeg’s D is at right now that they had to claim Dahlstrom for their nhl squad? Down 3 of their top 4 minute getters on the back end from last season. Could be a rough year for them if Buff doesnt return.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What does that say about where Winnipeg’s D is at right now that they had to claim Dahlstrom for their nhl squad? Down 3 of their top 4 minute getters on the back end from last season. Could be a rough year for them if Buff doesnt return.

They’re not going to make the playoffs this year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Fir all his flaws ,CD was +9 for the Blackhawks last season..

He probably now in the Peg will score 40 points and be +20 or better...probably not going to see him lose a stats battle now compared to 4K or Gilbert...

Will be on for plenty of goals scored by Jets star forwards and will benefit from Jets forwards actually checking guys in their own zone ..unlike too manybof the Blackawks..

An interesting case study...let us ee what happens.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Fir all his flaws ,CD was +9 for the Blackhawks last season..

He probably now in the Peg will score 40 points and be +20 or better...probably not going to see him lose a stats battle now compared to 4K or Gilbert...

Will be on for plenty of goals scored by Jets star forwards and will benefit from Jets forwards actually checking guys in their own zone ..unlike too manybof the Blackawks..

An interesting case study...let us ee what happens.

Only if they are first assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad