Proposal: Carey Price to Colorado

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As usual you are completely out there with your opinion.
Duchene wasn't an aging asset locked up to one of the worst contracts in the league.
So no. There is no chance he would fetch a Byram and Newhook.

There is no chance you get Price with Retention if Byram and Newhook are not on the table. Two way street bud. I can respect you protecting your top prospects but trolling Price in the same process won't be tolerated.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
There is no chance you get Price with Retention if Byram and Newhook are not on the table. Two way street bud. I can respect you protecting your top prospects but trolling Price in the same process won't be tolerated.

I have yet to find any Avs fan clamoring for Carey Price and his albatross contract. So I doubt that anyone will be unhappy about not getting him.

I am not trolling Price. He was a hell of a goalie a few years ago. But he isn't in his prime anymore unfortunately and has gotten paid enormously since then. I legitimately believe that his deal is among the worst contracts currently signed in the NHL which completely kills any kind of positive value he might have based on reputation and a hope that he can turn back time and turn into a top3 goalie in the league again. Probably atleast one of the top5 worst contract in the league . Thats not trolling. Thats a very valid opinion that from the looks of it many other fans share with me...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have yet to find any Avs fan clamoring for Carey Price and his albatross contract. So I doubt that anyone will be unhappy about not getting him.

I am not trolling Price. He was a hell of a goalie a few years ago. But he isn't in his prime anymore unfortunately and has gotten paid enormously since then. I legitimately believe that his deal is among the worst contracts currently signed in the NHL which completely kills any kind of positive value he might have based on reputation and a hope that he can turn back time and turn into a top3 goalie in the league again. Probably atleast one of the top5 worst contract in the league . Thats not trolling. Thats a very valid opinion that from the looks of it many other fans share with me...

I don't care what the popular bandwagon is signing. And you were trolling Price's value. "One of the worst contracts in the league" is what you said. It's false and remember, the conversation is Price WITH RETENTION. Get your facts straight before you twist the narrative

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't care what the popular bandwagon is signing. And you were trolling Price's value. "One of the worst contracts in the league" is what you said. It's false and remember, the conversation is Price WITH RETENTION. Get your facts straight before you twist the narrative

Okay. List 5 worse contracts then please. Because I have trouble of thinking of 5 on the spot. Vlasic is ugly. Bob as well. But I'd take Lucics shorter contract over Price personally.
The problem is that even with retention Prices contract is still very ugly due to term and the fact that the Habs won't retain 4M+ for the next 6+ years..

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
We already have Ian Cole, so our quota of 2 time Cup winners who shouldn't still be playing NHL hockey is currently filled, thank you very much.

And, in a vacuum, Price is obviously the better goalie. But, as soon as contracts come into play, Grubauer is obviously the smarter choice. And, if Grubauer isn't good enough to get the job done, we won't need to worry about moving his contract, which expires after next season.

Fair but the comment also included a 50% salary retention which puts Price at 5 million a year - and even if its for the 3 years of their cup run prime, that's still better than PG.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Fair but the comment also included a 50% salary retention which puts Price at 5 million a year - and even if its for the 3 years of their cup run prime, that's still better than PG.

The comment also didn't include what the Habs would likely want in return for Price at 50%. I'd much rather keep Grubauer, Byram, Newhook, Kaut, Bowers and our next 5 1st round picks.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Finally Elliotte Friedman said that Colorado isn't interested in taking on long-term deals, so we can stop talking about this ridiculous proposal. Colorado doesn't need Price, and it's flat out never going to happen, so let it go.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
I know it is really fashionable to crap all over Price. He is past his prime etc. But the simple fact of the matter is that he is still an elite goalie at the top of his game. You will not find a more reliable goalie in the league. Yes he had a bad November (he is fairly consistent in that respect) but if omit that month he has a save% 0.919 backstopping a garbage team with one of the weakest defensive cores in the league.

He has had to carry this team on his back for a decade, and he was rewarded with a long term deal for it. Had he hit the open market he probably would have got the equivalent because he is that good. He has 5 more years, maybe more, has played the most games of any goalie in the league this year because as bad as our defense is our backups have been equally terrible.

Put him on a team stacked with talent and depth and he will be money, the league knows it, GMs know, and players know it.

Bergy will not move him, but if the right offer came his way and he agreed to waive his NMC (or asked for a trade), the Habs would be justified in asking for a ransom for him because he is still worth every penny. It's cute that everyone here thinks he is done, but really there is no one better to be the goalie on a loaded team (Hi Avs!)

Word

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad