Proposal: Carey Price to Colorado

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Trading for Price and his massively over inflated contract is not what I want on my team for the next 6+ years.

I’m signing Lehner, Greiss or Halak any day before I have $10m+ tied into any goalie, let alone an aging one.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
HFBoards 101:

- Go to Trade Rumors
- Write "Price Colorado" in the search bar
- Realize there's a thread called "Price to Colorado" created less than a week ago
- Create a new thread called "Carey Price to Colorado"

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I don’t think It’s as impossible as other Avs fans but I do think around 2M would need to be retained. Even then Proce would not have a lot of value so there’s not much point in Montreal jettisoning him, having to pay him for 7 years to play for another team, and not getting a good return back. I do not think the contract is untradable however, Luongo got traded with a similarly bad contract.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I say people need to stop with this Price to Colorado ****.

Just makes zero sense.

newest rumor is that MB went to Denver today. Heard just about every rumor on Mtl medias since (Rantanen injured - trade for tatar, Price for Col SC, zadorov and Girard trades) but now it looks liek it has to do with his daughter going to school there.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
I know it is really fashionable to crap all over Price. He is past his prime etc. But the simple fact of the matter is that he is still an elite goalie at the top of his game. You will not find a more reliable goalie in the league. Yes he had a bad November (he is fairly consistent in that respect) but if omit that month he has a save% 0.919 backstopping a garbage team with one of the weakest defensive cores in the league.

He has had to carry this team on his back for a decade, and he was rewarded with a long term deal for it. Had he hit the open market he probably would have got the equivalent because he is that good. He has 5 more years, maybe more, has played the most games of any goalie in the league this year because as bad as our defense is our backups have been equally terrible.

Put him on a team stacked with talent and depth and he will be money, the league knows it, GMs know, and players know it.

Bergy will not move him, but if the right offer came his way and he agreed to waive his NMC (or asked for a trade), the Habs would be justified in asking for a ransom for him because he is still worth every penny. It's cute that everyone here thinks he is done, but really there is no one better to be the goalie on a loaded team (Hi Avs!)

Reactions: lilmaxo

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know it is really fashionable to crap all over Price. He is past his prime etc. But the simple fact of the matter is that he is still an elite goalie at the top of his game. You will not find a more reliable goalie in the league. Yes he had a bad November (he is fairly consistent in that respect) but if omit that month he has a save% 0.919 backstopping a garbage team with one of the weakest defensive cores in the league.

He has had to carry this team on his back for a decade, and he was rewarded with a long term deal for it. Had he hit the open market he probably would have got the equivalent because he is that good. He has 5 more years, maybe more, has played the most games of any goalie in the league this year because as bad as our defense is our backups have been equally terrible.

Put him on a team stacked with talent and depth and he will be money, the league knows it, GMs know, and players know it.

Bergy will not move him, but if the right offer came his way and he agreed to waive his NMC (or asked for a trade), the Habs would be justified in asking for a ransom for him because he is still worth every penny. It's cute that everyone here thinks he is done, but really there is no one better to be the goalie on a loaded team (Hi Avs!)
He’s not nearly as bad as people make him out to be for sure. However there isn’t a lot to suggest he’s as good as Philipp Grubauer.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

Sometimes eliminating a bad game or two works bc they're clear outliers.

Eliminating a month just bc it's usually his bad month is definitely not going to provide any reliable analysis. Especially bc his stats are in line with a lot of the stats he has from previous years.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Who would you have more confidence in a game 7 playoff game? Price or Francouz come on

Probably Price. But one of them earns 900k and is an UFA in the offseason and the other has maybe the worst contract in the whole damn NHL right now.

So I'd rather run with the guy I have a little less confidence in and hope it pans out...

Reactions: Avaholic29

nshlphoenix

Feb 11, 2020
Will never happen but just for fun I think the return would be Jost, Byram, Newhook, Francouz and a 2020 1st, some of Price's salary would have to be retained by Montreal as well.
That wasn’t fun at all... in fact, it was very unfun

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Will never happen but just for fun I think the return would be Jost, Byram, Newhook, Francouz and a 2020 1st, some of Price's salary would have to be retained by Montreal as well.
LOL at that package. Not sure any player in the cap era has returned that much.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
HFBoards 101:

- Go to Trade Rumors
- Write "Price Colorado" in the search bar
- Realize there's a thread called "Price to Colorado" created less than a week ago
- Create a new thread called "Carey Price to Colorado"
Pretty much lol.

It's okay, in about two days there'll be a cryptic thread titled "COL - MTL", which will feature the brilliant proposal that is a retained Price for Byram, Timmins, Kaut, Newhook, 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->