Player Discussion Carey Price - The Non All-Star Edition

Will Price Ask for trade before end of season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Wouldn't want that high school diploma clouding your judgement. I'd like to know what qualifies MB. Being a terrible player and hanging around the old boys clubs aren't exactly meaningful skills.
I think Bergevin is a perfect example of the Peter Principle. He would be great in Timmins' position or head pro scout but he has been promoted to his level of incompetence.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Ya, I don't care so much about these micro-analysis anymore, truth be told. The team is boring, bad to average at best, with no real hope for the future. It's quite the depressing time to be a Habs fan.
There's never a reason to be depressed when eggnog is half price.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There's never a reason to be depressed when eggnog is half price.
I'm in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia now mate...ain't no f***ing eggnog here. :biglaugh:
I did just came back from a 2 week binge in Dubai though, and I'll be in Montreal next thursday to tear the city a new a-hole...so I guess...Cheers!
Happy New Year old bud, to you and your fam.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I told you I saw the goals and the games. You watched only the highlights and you're blasting the defense. To me that sounds like a biased opinion.
I've watched the Habs for 30+ years including the last three. I know how bad our D is.

Price was blasted for his performance specifically in the last two games. If you're going to blast him then you should actually watch those goals. And you should also watch the play in front of him.

Again, Price isn't immune from criticism. But he doesn't get support from his D. We've set him (and ourselves) up to fail.

Shots allowed don’t count anymore. It’s in close shots now.
If you allow few shots but a lot of great scoring chances, you're going to lose a lot of games and your goalie's numbers are going to suck. That's why we can't put in a backup. It's basically an automatic loss right now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nothing , except didnt he already "look at the goals" when he watched the game?
Not sure. All I see are people screaming that our goalie lost us the games... that's not what I see when I look at those goals. No excuse on that last one in Florida though. That one's brutal.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia now mate...ain't no ****ing eggnog here. :biglaugh:
I did just came back from a 2 week binge in Dubai though, and I'll be in Montreal next thursday to tear the city a new a-hole...so I guess...Cheers!
Happy New Year old bud, to you and your fam.
So now you're in Saudi Arabia?? Dude, we all know this Personal Trainer job is just a cover for your real job as a CIA spy. Seriously, Happy New Year to you and everyone you care about! Health, happiness, success, and all that stuff. I'll be in Cuba next week when you're in Montreal, so the karmic balance of pissed-off Habs fans will stay balanced.

Oh - and best of luck with your latest black-ops assassination.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
If you evaluate a goalie purely on stats, and basic one like that…and without context on top of it….then we have a long long way to go in evaluating goalies.
Rask is .882 in his losses.
Holtby is .861 in his losses.
Fleury is .860 in his losses.
That's how hockey works, you know.
No goalie have good stats in losses and got nothing to do with league average.
You want Price to have less lost? Then it's a long shot from being about him.

He cost us point cause for you, a bad goal cost us games. Newsflash, goalie let in bad goals all the time, almost every games and that's all of them.
Just look at the goals we score, so many goals you would consider a bad goal from Price, we scored them about every game and more than once per game.
Most teams can overcome those goals….we can't cause we're not a good team, if we were a good team, those goals wouldn't matter that much.

You blame Price for how many points this season?
Let's just say that 8 points would put this team at the top 5 of the NHL and the Habs are not even close to be playing that well this season to be there.
Do we consider some points that our back-up lost for this team in there also?
Doesn't leave that many points for Price…….

And i can show you 8 points that Price stole for this team this season being either the 1st or 2nd star of the game (those no one likes to talk about them), so all in all, we are not a underperforming team because of our goaltending. You just want Price to save this sorry ass team from themselves.

We are a low-end bubble team.
We have one the 3 worst defensive squad in the NHL.
We are by far the smallest forward group in the NHL
We don't have one player in the top 25 of the NHL in goals, assists or points.

i would go ahead and tell you that your reasoning is flawed and you only look at hockey On the surface level.

First of all you dont make alot of sense and you’re not very coherent. Besides that the points you’re trying to make are at best weak.

And mostly all you’re doing here is pointing fingers at everything else but Price. You’re blaming the backups ffs.

You sound biased, maybe if you try to be a little bit more rational in your approach we could potentially get somewhere.

For the time being you’re absolutely 100% not right.

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
If you’re going to blast the goalie, then look at the goals given up. What’s wrong with that?

well, there is a lot more to watch than the goals replay to be able to analyse a goalies performance, the way he carry himself during the games , the rebound control, even on shots that miss the net you can see if the guy was well position, all those things create chaos in the D zone, good D start with a good goalie and CP has not been that for a long time now, only a blind man cannot see that

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not sure. All I see are people screaming that our goalie lost us the games... that's not what I see when I look at those goals. No excuse on that last one in Florida though. That one's brutal.
I hear that.

Dont agree with Price taking all the heat either. This team has proven for years, they will lose with average goaltending , they will lose with fantastic goaltending. Thats what Bergevin built squads do.......they lose. Consistently. Nobody knows that better than Carey.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
well, there is a lot more to watch than the goals replay to be able to analyse a goalies performance, the way he carry himself during the games , the rebound control, even on shots that miss the net you can see if the guy was well position, all those things create chaos in the D zone, good D start with a good goalie and CP has not been that for a long time now, only a blind man cannot see that
And when he was that........the team in front of him still won f*** all.

So we know goaltending does not make a difference for this pretender of an NHL team.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So now you're in Saudi Arabia?? Dude, we all know this Personal Trainer job is just a cover for your real job as a CIA spy. Seriously, Happy New Year to you and everyone you care about! Health, happiness, success, and all that stuff. I'll be in Cuba next week when you're in Montreal, so the karmic balance of pissed-off Habs fans will stay balanced.

Oh - and best of luck with your latest black-ops assassination.
Hahaha...that's why I left Montreal, significant career advancement is almost an impossibility.
Personal Trainer seems to be years and years ago, I'm now the General Manager of a massive wellness facility.
Soon I'll be able to send my CV to Molson...All part of my full circle plan to come back to Montreal. ;)

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And when he was that........the team in front of him still won **** all.

So we know goaltending does not make a difference for this pretender of an NHL team.
Price was carrying this team when Bergevin took over, he was literally stealing games on his own regularly while we were dominated on the ice.

But now it's actually the contrary that's happening out there and that's what's infuriating!

It was Carey just needs a couple of goals and it's in the bag for years!

Now we score 9 goals in two games and can't even get a loser point ffs.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
lets be honest no one is winning a SC with .901 sv % and a 3.03 gaa in today's NHL
10.5 million for a goalie :dunce: :propeller

Should have kept Halak, his numbers are better and he’s only 2 years older. Back then we could have signed Halak for like 3.5 million X 14 years and we could have traded price for a big return.

Reactions: Genesis76

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
lets be honest no one is winning a SC with .901 sv % and a 3.03 gaa in today's NHL
The stats speak for themselves.

You're not having a good season with that statline, don't care who you play behind or who you are.

It would be like trying to convince us that Subban is actually having a great year, it's just the team around hims fault.

The stats don't tell the whole story, but they do tell a good part of it.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
10.5 million for a goalie :dunce: :propeller

Should have kept Halak, his numbers are better and he’s only 2 years older. Back then we could have signed Halak for like 3.5 million X 14 years and we could have traded price for a big return.
Price wasn't getting a big return in 2010. He had a terrible season and playoffs, we weren't even sure he was an NHL starter at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad