Player Discussion Carey Price - The Non All-Star Edition

Will Price Ask for trade before end of season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Some of the posts on this forum are just cancer. Within the last few pages, Maxim Lapierre has been confirmed an all star and Charlie Lindgren, who stunk as a backup increasing Price’s workload, is a now better option then Price in the playoffs with 21 year old who struggled in the minors. I can’t be bothered.

The only cancer I see , is Price contract. Every year passing it will be more and more a death sentence for our team.

And even if Price would ask for a trade. No teams will want him , same goes for Bobrovsky. We and Florida are stuck with our overpaid goalie. Lack of vision from both GMs and failure to recognize where the game is going

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The only cancer I see , is Price contract. Every year passing it will be more and more a death sentence for our team.

And even if Price would ask for a trade. No teams will want him , same goes for Bobrovsky. We and Florida are stuck with our overpaid goalie. Lack of vision from both GMs and failure to recognize where the game is going

If you just came out and said I can’t stand the idea of Price’s contract without the false jabs that are just incorrect in the first place, I would’ve never replied to you. I like Price a lot and I think I can speak for a lot of others who’re in the same boat as me that the contract extension was a big mistake. But at this point, three years after it was signed, how much has it affected the team? Not at all. If anything he’s bleeding Molson’s pockets which gives me a weird sense of satisfaction. I’m not worried about the future. If it came down to the contract ever actually hurting us and Price’s play dips so low you can’t justify keeping him, I have hope we’ll find a way out. If there’s one and maybe the only thing we have done well the last few decades, it’s getting ourselves out of rough contracts.

Reactions: Pickles

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
If you just came out and said I can’t stand the idea of Price’s contract without the false jabs that are just incorrect in the first place, I would’ve never replied to you. I like Price a lot and I think I can speak for a lot of others who’re in the same boat as me that the contract extension was a big mistake. But at this point, three years after it was signed, how much has it affected the team? Not at all. If anything he’s bleeding Molson’s pockets which gives me a weird sense of satisfaction. I’m not worried about the future. If it came down to the contract ever actually hurting us and Price’s play dips so low you can’t justify keeping him, I have hope we’ll find a way out. If there’s one and maybe the only thing we have done well the last few decades, it’s getting ourselves out of rough contracts.

How much did it affected the team? Its tough to say.But if we had a 6-7 millions goalie instead of Price. You add that 4 millions to our MVP cap space, I mean we could have one very high end forward instead which would result in a better team overall. Of course if instead of spending the money , Bergevin add to our cap space it probably wouldnt have change anything indeed. Even though I think Price attitude is overall bad for the team spirit so who knows really. At one point there would be too much clap back from the fans if we had over 12 millions in unused cap space so Bergevin would have no choice to do something with it. Its would be tough to explain why the most storied franchise in the history of the league and one of the richest is one of the team that spend the less on his roster

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
How much did it affected the team? Its tough to say.But if we had a 6-7 millions goalie instead of Price. You add that 4 millions to our MVP cap space, I mean we could have one very high end forward instead which would result in a better team overall. Of course if instead of spending the money , Bergevin add to our cap space it probably wouldnt have change anything indeed. Even though I think Price attitude is overall bad for the team spirit so who knows really. At one point there would be too much clap back from the fans if we had over 12 millions in unused cap space so Bergevin would have no choice to do something with it. Its would be tough to explain why the most storied franchise in the history of the league and one of the richest is one of the team that spend the less on his roster

As long as we have unused cap space, it wouldn’t matter if he was making even more. His contract has and continues to be a non factor until management does something with this team. A cheaper goalie does nothing for us right now. His attitude is all your perception. I don’t get where fans come up with he has a bad attitude. He says the right things, he keeps conversations short and to the point, his teammates and the league respect him incredibly, and he seems to want to be part of a cup here. I don’t get where people get that from other then their heads. As far as the most story franchise. That could mean less in 2020. We’ve done nothing in almost 30 years. Nobody cares other then people who live in past about that non sense anymore. It’s time to turn the page and create a new story.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I think Price stole someone's girl back in the day...

Who wouldn't be mad, the girl was hot af

carey-price-date-hot-chicks-opera.jpg

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Nobody cares other then people who live in past about that non sense anymore. It’s time to turn the page and create a new story.

Couldnt agree more with you but still would be weird to be one of the team thats spend the less on his roster. Giving the history, fan base and the fact we are one of the richest team. We agree on that right?

. I don’t get where people get that from other then their heads

Body language, death stare, implication in the city , the fact he goes back to BC as soon as he can,no press conference when he signed the biggest contract, even though hes past his prime refuse to mentor a younger goalie ( do you think thats a leader quality? ), his subpar training during the summer when he should lead by example etc.. Do you expect his teammate to say something negative about another teammate in the media? never happen and never will

But its ok we disagree on Price. I respect your opinion and know you are a good poster. Just when it come to goalie position we have a very different take on it. The capitals are doing the right thing IMO, they groom a younger goalie and are ready to let Holtby go instead of signing him to a ridiculous contract

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Couldnt agree more with you but still would be weird to be one of the team thats spend the less on his roster. Giving the history, fan base and the fact we are one of the richest team. We agree on that right?

Body language, death stare, implication in the city , the fact he goes back to BC as soon as he can,no press conference when he signed the biggest contract, even though hes past his prime refuse to mentor a younger goalie ( do you think thats a leader quality? ), his subpar training during the summer when he should lead by example etc.. Do you expect his teammate to say something negative about another teammate in the media? never happen and never will

But its ok we disagree on Price. I respect your opinion and know you are a good poster. Just when it come to goalie position we have a very different take on it. The capitals are doing the right thing IMO, they groom a younger goalie and are ready to let Holtby go instead of signing him to a ridiculous contract

I’ll just respectfully ask, what do you know actually know about his camp in the offseason? I’ve seen several posters try and bring this with zero evidence other then he spends the offseason like any other player in this league in his hometown. As far as his commitment to the city. He does a ton for the club when it comes to Montreal. You bring up a press conference. He wasn’t around during his signing because Bergevin had him ink so quick with a once in a life time deal that he couldn’t be there. And that’s my problem with our media in the first place. Because he didn’t say five sentences at a PC in front of local press after his extension, it’s a bad thing. The media slanders our players while thinking they deserve red carpet access to them at all times. It’s why free agents just avoid playing here.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I’ll just respectfully ask, what do you know actually know about his camp in the offseason? I’ve seen several posters try and bring this with zero evidence other then he spends the offseason like any other player in this league in his hometown. As far as his commitment to the city. He does a ton for the club when it comes to Montreal. You bring up a press conference. He wasn’t around during his signing because Bergevin had him ink so quick with a once in a life time deal that he couldn’t be there. And that’s my problem with our media in the first place. Because he didn’t say five sentences at a PC in front of local press after his extension, it’s a bad thing. The media slanders our players while thinking they deserve red carpet access to them at all times. It’s why free agents just avoid playing here.

If anything the media put Price on a pedestal and never say anything negative about him. Its true they did slanders some players and sway the fans opinions with their narrative.But with Price its quite the contrary, they always said he was the best , to the point where they said he was the absolute best hockey player in the world. I feel people who cant say and realize Price is pretty average have drink the media coolaid.

I thought it was a pretty well known fact that Price workout ethic during the summer was not that great

And you didnt answer, you tell me Price is a great leader. The fact he refuse to mentor a younger goalie , dont you think its the contrary of being a good leader?

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If anything the media put Price on a pedestal and never say anything negative about him. Its true they did slanders some players and sway the fans opinions with their narrative.But with Price its quite the contrary, they always said he was the best , to the point where they said he was the absolute best hockey player in the world. I feel people who cant say and realize Price is pretty average have drink the media coolaid.

I thought it was a pretty well known fact that Price workout ethic during the summer was not that great

And you didnt answer, you tell me Price is a great leader. The fact he refuse to mentor a younger goalie , dont you think its the contrary of being a good leader?

I can answer the mentor question easily and quickly. He doesn’t want to be a mentor. He wants to win like every other competitive athlete. What loser would want to spend the rest of his career playing grass hopper to somebody who could take his job. It’s not his responsibility to develop the goalies in our system. Complete non sense.

As far the media putting him on a pedestal, the NHLPA among others didn’t seem to disagree. They’re the ones who actually have to play against him. Not just watch and make opinions.

And once again you bring up his offseason training. You say you thought it was pretty well known while bringing up ZERO evidence to back up any such claim. Post some proof and I’ll take you serious.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
3 years running, in a row, cap space WAS NOT used. Price's contract is not the issue, the donkey GM is.....
I know you feel like you are in the room, but you are not, you are on a message board, telling us you know more than those who PLAY the game, and are involved in the game.
Opinions differ, but Price has been the least of our worries over the last 5 years.

If we had a real GM who could have made better decisions, we wouldn't be having these conversations.

Reactions: DubDub and Pickles

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Where exactly will that high end forward come from? No high end forward will sign as UFA or waive their clause for Mtl.

And Price’s attitude? Where did this come from? Players with attitudes tend not to be popular amongst fellow players (see Subban), not constantly held with high regard by their peers as being the best at their position as Price seems to be on player poll after player poll

VoodooWizardry35

Nov 28, 2019
I think what frustrates a lot of posters & fans is Price is more than capable of playing at a high level, but for some reason he is holding himself back. Whether it is the fear of getting injured again, not having found a balance between hockey and family, lack of preparation, etc, there is something preventing him from finding consistency in his game.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
dude why are we even debating? We totally agree. He was handled the no1 spot too early and they dint gave him enough time to work for it
I can imagine how bad the situation could be if Stephane Waite wasn't hired. He litterally saved Price as a goalie and helped him to improve in all aspects of his play. People bash a lot about Bergevin but I consider this is his best move ever, to hire Waite.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think what frustrates a lot of posters & fans is Price is more than capable of playing at a high level, but for some reason he is holding himself back. Whether it is the fear of getting injured again, not having found a balance between hockey and family, lack of preparation, etc, there is something preventing him from finding consistency in his game.
Or the team in front of him simply can’t score with their pop gun offense. People cast blame on Price in the 2017 NYR series, but 2-more Habs goals that series and it’s a win. When a goalie is expected to be the best player on the ice for 55+ regular season AND all playoff games...well that’s a bit too much in this era of one piece rocket launchers when obstruction as in the days of Hasek & Roy have been eliminated IMO.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Some of the posts on this forum are just cancer. Within the last few pages, Maxim Lapierre has been confirmed an all star and Charlie Lindgren, who stunk as a backup increasing Price’s workload, is a now better option then Price in the playoffs with 21 year old who struggled in the minors. I can’t be bothered.
So you quote me saying Lapierre was a supertar when I just said he was already doing the job Eller did. Eller was energic and at some point bring a physical presence but no way he was pertinent playing top 6. Please quote me saying Lapierre was a superstar if you have one once of honesty. We got Brett Festerling in return, now tell me the ceiling Festerling had and what can we expect from that player. Can you tell me now or back then it was a good trade, an absolutely needed trade?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
His technique is very demanding. Going from on his knees and quickly get on his skates is not natural for the human body. He have some muscles and nerves that are overly solicited, so I guess he thinks about it and it gives him some fears to injure himself again.

VoodooWizardry35

Nov 28, 2019
Or the team in front of him simply can’t score with their pop gun offense. People cast blame on Price in the 2017 NYR series, but 2-more Habs goals that series and it’s a win. When a goalie is expected to be the best player on the ice for 55+ regular season AND all playoff games...well that’s a bit too much in this era of one piece rocket launchers when obstruction as in the days of Hasek & Roy have been eliminated IMO.

The offense was the main issue during that series. They were given enough chances, but lacked the understanding of to position themselves for a tip (ie stand towards the far post rather than the middle of the net since Lundqvist liked to make extension saves with his pad), where to place a shot while on a breakaway (short side), the need to shoot high rather than low etc.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I can imagine how bad the situation could be if Stephane Waite wasn't hired. He litterally saved Price as a goalie and helped him to improve in all aspects of his play. People bash a lot about Bergevin but I consider this is his best move ever, to hire Waite.

Bergevin in 2012 was great he did a really good job but then EGO came in and everything went to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad