Player Discussion Carey Price - Stanley Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He's done.

I feel it's just as mental as physical.

He could conceivably come back and have an amazing 7-8 years stretch, but he needs to want it.

Either way, what an incredible goalie. Great career. Too bad he couldn't get a top contending team.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This is fantastic news. Let the guy get healthy both physically and mentally and deal with whatever issues he's dealing with. He also avoids this dumpster tire fire of a team and it also helps out the tank because we all know that we would have gone on at least a little bit of a run when he got back which would have taken us out of the basement where we need to be.

I also wouldn't discount the possibility they are bending the truth in order to do the above as well.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
No question. MB owes Carey a lot. He made people think we had a team.
By the tone of Angela Prices post they feel the same about MB. She has some very nice things to say which will be ignored around here

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Cant say their was anything fascinating or insightful in her post. Rehab, Therapy, family counselling. All things that are common when working though a rehab program

Reactions: BLONG7

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Price can take a 2 year vacation if he wants. Don't want him to ruin our #tank. Getting rid of Gallagher should be the first priority.

Reactions: HabsHammer

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Can't be an elite goalie with a bum knee, it will never be the same and he will be easily sidelined, again.

Time will tell.

Yet 6 months ago he was an elite goalie with a bum knee. Not like he hurt it water skiing in the off season, he was the best goalie in the playoffs with that knee

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Yet 6 months ago he was an elite goalie with a bum knee. Not like he hurt it water skiing in the off season, he was the best goalie in the playoffs with that knee
You might come back after one knee operation, two maybe but with risk of re-injuring it. Three? Doesn't look good especially if he just had major set back and has to start his rehab from scratch.

What da fudge are you talking about waterskiing.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
You might come back after one knee operation, two maybe but with risk of re-injuring it. Three? Doesn't look good especially if he just had major set back and has to start his rehab from scratch.

What da fudge are you talking about waterskiing.
He just played lights out on THAT knee. Why would he necessarily be worse after having it fixed? How bad was the injury that he could be playoff best on it?

Like I said, not like he was playing like shit or hurt in the offseason. He was top of game on that knee and apparently fighting substance abuse issues. Common sense says he has a very good chance of coming back strong. Not sure why this would be a controversial take. Maybe he comes back better then ever?

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don’t follow her at all but jeez…. Not sure about that. Feels far too personal to be writing a blog post like that. If I was in Carey’s position and had remained silent, I wouldn’t want my wife flippantly posting airing it. She seems to enjoy it.

It's f***ing Pejorative Slured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad