Player Discussion Carey Price - Rehab Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
And next year will be better? They're rebuilding. It's not likely that they're bringing in good vets to replace these guys. You're most likely looking at prospects and picks, journeymen, etc. for the foreseeable future. They were forced to tank this year. Next year is when they SHOULD tank on purpose.
Price isn't going to want to have anything to do with that.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Carey has been effectively shut down for the remainder of this season. The earliest he will be tradeable will be if he plays the first 10 games of the 2022 season and performed well. Realistically, he could be traded at the March 2023 trade deadline. We’re stuck with him for one more season. Sighs…

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
My question is: if he was rumoured to try to come back in time for the Olympics, what the heck is going on with his rehabilitation now? Why is it so far behind schedule?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Play Primeau most games and let Price go (LTIR, trade, retirement).
He's not ready. He may never be. For this year and maybe next, they should just go with a couple of journeymen goalies. Let Primeau play in Laval and see what he's got. He hasn't even been the full on starter for a whole season down there yet.
The Habs are rebuilding and are going to suck again next year. Maybe Primeau gets in next year if he's ready, but I disagree about keeping him up this year.
Laval has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. Let him win there.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
My question is: if he was rumoured to try to come back in time for the Olympics, what the heck is going on with his rehabilitation now? Why is it so far behind schedule?
There's too much drama surrounding this guy. I get that there's nothing for him to come back to this season (on the Habs), but if he's physically and mentally capable, I think he needs to give them a chance to trade him. The Oilers are in a prime position. Price needs to show he's ready though and I don't get all the delay either.
And yes, we all know a trade will be difficult.

Reactions: rik schau

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's not only that. Him and Angela are in a couple therapy. There must be a lot of things going wrong and it will not be resolved in the next month. I dislike reading that when I read about sport, as much as when politics interfear with sports but I can't do anything about that. If Price is not ready to return playing hockey, it means he's not tradable. No team will want him so what happen next? He retire? What about his salary? Habs buy out his contract? I'm not expert on that, I'm just a dude who like watching hockey and now everything about Price is not hockey related. Habs Canadiens are in a really bad time.

Feel bad for Price with his wife being so talkative,she should keep things private imo.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I know MB couldn't have foreseen Prices issues, but all in all, he's really handcuffed this organization for the foreseeable future. In a way, I'm glad it's happening because it finally forces them to look at reality and realize that they've been drafting and developing poorly for years, these huge contracts to aging vets and just hoping to squeeze into the playoffs has contributed to this mess.

It's going to be a while before anyone wants to come to this organization.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Keyword here is "rumoured". He may have set this up as a big personal objective and incentive to come back and motivation to train intensively through that injury, but I don't think he confirmed himself he would be ready for that. Given how the season is going and OLympics are cancelled, he may have realized he may as well take longer and come back 100%

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
When you offer over 80 million to a player past his prime you would think injury and wear and tear would be taken into consideration. Price and Gallagher will not play until the end of their contracts.
Price should walk away...he is done

I hope he does. I would think that he might be somewhat embarrassed and ashamed of what is publicly known.

Reactions: Tyson

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I know MB couldn't have foreseen Prices issues, but all in all, he's really handcuffed this organization for the foreseeable future. In a way, I'm glad it's happening because it finally forces them to look at reality and realize that they've been drafting and developing poorly for years, these huge contracts to aging vets and just hoping to squeeze into the playoffs has contributed to this mess.

It's going to be a while before anyone wants to come to this organization.
Price covered up so many problems, year over year...rinse and repeat.
I would think he just wants out....probably traded this summer.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
When you offer over 80 million to a player past his prime you would think injury and wear and tear would be taken into consideration. Price and Gallagher will not play until the end of their contracts.
Price should walk away...he is done
The last games he played were some of the best of his career. I’m not his doc so don’t know how bad the knee is but he played stellar with that same knee. Why would he walk away when he has potentially 3-4 good years left?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The last games he played were some of the best of his career. I’m not his doc so don’t know how bad the knee is but he played stellar with that same knee. Why would he walk away when he has potentially 3-4 good years left?
Just an outsiders view which means nothing but I think injuries are catching up with him and he now looks at this franchise as being in a complete rebuild and I doubt he wants to be part of a rebuild.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
He was awful in the SC Finals, he even said so himself.
I didn’t think he was awful, but without him team doesn’t get there anyways. He is a . 925 playoff goalie, thats the bottom line. Hardly washed up

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Just an outsiders view which means nothing but I think injuries are catching up with him and he now looks at this franchise as being in a complete rebuild and I doubt he wants to be part of a rebuild.
Don’t disagree that MTL is not a good fit for him going forward, and that this injury could be a career ender. But I have this strong suspicion he gets his shot together and plays into his late 30s. Can you imagine him on a playoff run with a team like Colorado or Carolina?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Don’t disagree that MTL is not a good fit for him going forward, and that this injury could be a career ender. But I have this strong suspicion he gets his shot together and plays into his late 30s. Can you imagine him on a playoff run with a team like Colorado or Carolina?
I would absolute love to see him win a cup elsewhere.

He has been the face of this franchise for over a decade and we fans have no idea what is going with him. It wouldn't hurt at some point to have Price answer a question or 2.

Reactions: japhi

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I spoke with a friend today and he told me Price is probably unvax and don't beleive in science (and vax). That friend think it's just logic the way Price acted all thru these years. I would say I agree 50%, now, don't shoot me for that, lol. :D:laugh:

Reactions: BLONG7

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I spoke with a friend today and he told me Price is probably unvax and don't beleive in science (and vax). That friend think it's just logic the way Price acted all thru these years. I would say I agree 50%, now, don't shoot me for that, lol. :D:laugh:
He probably does hold those values, but he clearly is vaxxed. Otherwise he would have missed the playoffs last season once we had to cross the border. I'd say the same for his wife. Going back and forth from Kelowna to the US or even going to NY to get his surgery without a vax pass is near impossible.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He probably does hold those values, but he clearly is vaxxed. Otherwise he would have missed the playoffs last season once we had to cross the border. I'd say the same for his wife. Going back and forth from Kelowna to the US or even going to NY to get his surgery without a vax pass is near impossible.
You might be right. But the next thing close to Jesus himself can have a free pass in this corrupted world, I dunno.

Reactions: loudi94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad