Player Discussion Carey Price - Rehab Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It was meant as being against PolySeSouvient/PolyRemembers which is a group of students and former students of the school that advocates for better gun control.

So yes, the POLY promo code was about the massacre in a way.
PolySeSouvient and CCFR have been the principle combatants in this affair for years. I'm sure it's been a bitter relationship.

Reactions: SquidNasty

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I support Carey's message, and don't support the CCFR or their use of that promo code.

I really don't get the outrage, it's clear he wasn't trying to insult the memory of Polytechnique.

Other than the promo code thing, this is just a guy sharing his opinion. That's it.

People are twisting themselves into knots getting mad about the promo code or the timing, but in reality they just don't like people holding values that aren't their own.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Actually, I do support Carey's message because I'm not brain damaged enough to believe that he had anything to do with their promo codes.

Your name/avatar is spot on btw.
But you said you don't support the CCFR yet his message was a message of support for the CCFR. Weird how you do the mental gymnastics around that.

Usually brain damaged people have trouble understanding how brain damaged they really are.

Reactions: Native

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I love Price. I hope they retire his jersey.

PolySeSouvient:

1670301517778.png

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Looking at the people that are all about championing Carey’s stance on this issue and dismissing his ignorance regarding Dec 6th are pretty much the same people that roll their eyes at anything related to truth and reconciliation.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
A little pause, some reflection and common sense applied before you publish your words on social media is probably on page one of the 'Fame and Facebook For Dummies' manual they should hand out to all major league draftees.

....So the Habs are up 4 zip after one.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I'm with Cary on this one. The Polytechnique shooting is irrelevant. He is allowed to support gun rights and voice his political opinions. It has nothing to do with the shooting.

They guy that shot up the school is the guilty party here. Not Carey, nor the CCFR.

Last edited:

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Looking at the people that are all about championing Carey’s stance on this issue and dismissing his ignorance regarding Dec 6th are pretty much the same people that roll their eyes at anything related to truth and reconciliation.

That is just the beginning of an infinite list of things

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I understand the public safety minister has come out and said the gun Carey is holding will not be effected but the problem with that is virtually every version of the gun Carey is holding is listed by name in the legislation.

It's a Benneli Shotgun used for Duck and Turkey hunting.

So I don't really care what politicians until they remove them from the list.

Another 1 is the SKS, super common hunting rifle in the modern era, it was designed for military use sure, but that was ~80 years ago. NY that standard all guns should be banned because muskets were designed for military use.

Reactions: Canadienna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad