Carey Price or Henrik Lundqvist?

Who had a bigger impact on their franchises?

• Carey Price

Votes: 66 24.3%
  • Hendrik Lundqvist

Votes: 180 66.2%
  • Both evenly

Votes: 26 9.6%

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The idea that Price was behind a Much, Much worse team is complete horse shit.

[MTL 257 GF] [NYR 205 GF]
Kovy (84) Pleks (69) Streit (62) Markov (58) Koivu (56)
Jagr (71) Gomez (70) Drury (58) Shanny (46) Straka (41)

08 [MTL 242 GF] [NYR 200 GF]
Kovy (65) Markov (64) Koivu (50)
Zherdev (58) Gomez (58) Drury (56)

09 [MTL 210 GF] [NYR 219 GF]
Pleks (70) Gomez (59) Camy (50)
Gabs (86) Prospal (58) Dubi (44)

10 [MTL 213 GF] [NYR 224 GF]
Pleks (57) Cammy (47) Gionta (46) Kost(46)
Dubi (54) Callahan(48) Gaborik(48) Stepan(45)

11 [MTL 207 GF] [NYR 222 GF]
Patches(65) Cole(61) Desharnais(60) Pleks(52)
Gaborik(76) Richards(66) Callahan(55) Stepan (51)

12 [MTL 146 GF] [NYR 126 GF]
Patches(39) Subban(38) Pleks(33) Markov(30)
Stepan(44) Nash(42) Richards(34) Callahan (31)

13 [MTL 209 GF] [NYR 214 GF]
Patches(60) Subban(53) Desh(52) Pleks(43)
Zucc(59) Stepan(57) Richards(51) Brassard(45)

14 [MTL 214 GF] [NYR 248 GF]
Patches(67) Pleks(60) Subban(60) Markov(50)
Nash(69) Brassard(60) Stepan(55) Zucc(49)

15 [MTL 216 GF] [NYR 233 GF]
Patches(64) Galch(56) Pleks(54) Subban(51)
Zucc(61) Brassard(58) Stepan(53) Yandle(47)

16 [MTL 223 GF] [NYR 253 GF]
Patchs(67) Radulov(54) Galch(44) Byron(43
Zucc(59) JTM(56) Stepan(55) Kreider (53)

The Rangers scored 7 more goals than the Habs over these 10 season's. (2,137 vs 2,144). Posters suggesting Price did more with less are completely clueless and don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Both offense's were equally pathetic. Almost identical. So No. Price was not as good as Lundqvist with Much, Much worse. That's an asinine, lazy statement.

I think you have your years confused Gabs was not on the 09 team, he was on the 10 team.

I take what NHL players say over HyperbolicBoard.

Most of the NHL players are Canadian. You don't think they're biased for the best Canadian goalie?

Reactions: Voight

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
3 pages in and nobody is asking what "bigger impact on their franchise" means? There are multiple ways to interpret that, better career and peak is just one. A worse player can have a much larger impact on their franchise.
If it’s bigger impact, Price has the benefit of showing what his team was like with and without him.

2015 it’s a first place club. 2016 they were 10-2 and killing it everywhere. Price went down and the club’s wheels fell off immediately. The offense, puck possession, goals against… everything fell to bottom of the league. He was the difference between a first place team and a last place one. This is demonstrably true.

I’m not sure if the same could be said for Lundqvist. I don’t think he has an example like this but I suspect it would’ve been a similar result.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If it’s bigger impact, Price has the benefit of showing what his team was like with and without him.

2015 it’s a first place club. 2016 they were 10-2 and killing it everywhere. Price went down and the club’s wheels fell off immediately. The offense, puck possession, goals against… everything fell to bottom of the league. He was the difference between a first place team and a last place one. This is demonstrably true.

I’m not sure if the same could be said for Lundqvist. I don’t think he has an example like this but I suspect it would’ve been a similar result.
So you believe Carey Price is the greatest hocky player of all time?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Two very good goalies who would be afterthoughts had they not played in League favoured markets.

Lundqvist never makes the Hall of Fame with the same stats and international career if he had been a Nashville Predator for his whole career.
Stop capping because you hate Lundqvist and Price. Lundqvist and Price would have been Hall of Famers on any team with their career stats.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Never forget this and Carey had the better peak but had big knee injuries so yea Henrik had the better career thanks to better teams and Kreider destroying Careys knees
qwx6hpsp.jpeg

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Still feels unreal that these guys are done and now a part of a legacy poll like the players who played before them :(

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lundqvist had the better career but Price had the bigger impact, if that makes any sense. Rangers generally had better skater groups.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The most successful sustained period in Rangers franchise history had Lundqvist in the net. He got alot of wins with teams full of second liners. They never went and got the legitimate star up front to get him over the top. Rick Nash always disappeared when it mattered. If Nash shows up in that final vs L.A. Lundqvist has a cup ring and this isn't a debate. Price got alot of support because he was Team Canada goalie. Prime Lundqvist was incredibly consistent and in the Vezina talk almost every year.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Price on his best day was a bit better, but I'd comfortably rather have Lundqvist based on how things played out. As far as the actual question, Lundqvist.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Henrik playing with better teams is fake news. Kreider destroying Prices knees is even faker news. Thank your boy Emelin for that crap.

View attachment 843190
did you not read the tweet ? Henrik for sure had better teams then Price i mean Desharnais was our #1 center for how many years :laugh: has for Kreider yea maybe Emelin didnt help but lets not act like Kreider didnt have a rep for running into goalies still that hit destroyed his knees

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
did you not read the tweet ? Henrik for sure had better teams then Price i mean Desharnais was our #1 center for how many years :laugh: has for Kreider yea maybe Emelin didnt help but lets not act like Kreider didnt have a rep for running into goalies still that hit destroyed his knees
Again, Lundqvist’s “better teams” scored 7 more goals over a 10 year span so what you’re saying is nonsense.

Kreider drives to the net. He’s played 915 career NHL games. I can think of about 8 times he’s crashed a goalie. Kreider isn’t a dirty player. Some of the times he’s run into a goalie could have been avoided. Some couldn’t. The one with Price being one of them that was unavoidable thanks to something called physics.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So putting the stick like this result in Kreider dropkicking Price in the knee?

The more you know!
You’ve been watching hockey long enough to have seen a number of players go smashing into the boards after a trip or nudge. They must obviously be doing so on purpose!

The mOar U kNOw! 🤡

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Or, Kreider is a single digit IQ player that can't stop himself repetting the same mistake, over and over, it's one or the other
Over and over and over - count them for me and tell me what that average is after 915 career games.

You’re the same guy who said the Habs had a Much, Much worse team than the Rangers when their goal differential was less than double digits over a full decade. Your posts are laughable 🤣🤣🤣

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Over and over and over - count them for me and tell me what that average is after 915 career games.

You’re the same guy who said the Habs had a Much, Much worse team than the Rangers when their goal differential was less than double digits over a full decade. Your posts are laughable 🤣🤣🤣

The line-up was defacto much worse

Look at the players

And Kreider is probably league leading, career wise, on goalie crashing.

In this article of 2014 alone, he was at 3 already, and sent to LITR both Price and Anderson

2014 alone.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The line-up was defacto much worse

Look at the players

And Kreider is probably league leading, career wise, on goalie crashing.

In this article of 2014 alone, he was at 3 already, and sent to LITR both Price and Anderson

2014 alone.
Cool story, so you counted 3 times his entire career?!

Derek Stepan was the top line center for most of Henrik's career. Derek, never scored points Stepan.

Here's Methot blatantly tripping Kreider into Anderson.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
“Kreider was gaining a reputation”

No, after that hack Emelin slashed him and he crashed, habs fandom immediately started talking about how he runs goalies, and to this day this incident is still trumpeted as if it’s the Kennedy assassination. Nobody brings up other incidents, it’s always habs fans and this one.

Sorry not sorry your defense sucked.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Actual pantheon goalies in Habs history:

Roy
Dryden
Plante

Hill they die on:

Price

It’s really weird
Because Price was better than all of them? Lol.

The most successful sustained period in Rangers franchise history had Lundqvist in the net. He got alot of wins with teams full of second liners. They never went and got the legitimate star up front to get him over the top. Rick Nash always disappeared when it mattered. If Nash shows up in that final vs L.A. Lundqvist has a cup ring and this isn't a debate. Price got alot of support because he was Team Canada goalie. Prime Lundqvist was incredibly consistent and in the Vezina talk almost every year.
Jagr, Gaborik, Richards, nash, Zibanejad, Hayes, zuccarelo. Ill say thats pretty much a lie.

The best offensive acquisitions the Habs made: Tanguay, kovalev, Pacioretty, Tatar, Radulov

• Haha

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I know it is sexy to compare the two club offensive prowess but Price benefited from overall much better defense brigade than Lundqvist.

Ryan McDonagh or Del Zotto ain't quite in the same Subban Markov Weber Noris caliber type of player price benefited from.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Because Price was better than all of them? Lol.

Jagr, Gaborik, Richards, nash, Zibanejad, Hayes, zuccarelo. Ill say thats pretty much a lie.

The best offensive acquisitions the Habs made: Tanguay, kovalev, Pacioretty, Tatar, Radulov
Players with 60+ points from 07-17:
Price: 15
Lundqvist: 8

1kgow1.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad