Carey Price opens up on feelings from players and management regarding the PK trade

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
A league filled with follower's, no balls to try something new, no attempts for risk, always stick to the norm, no wonder it's probably the most boring Hockey league out there.

Remember kids, a ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

You do anything to keep a player and person like PK Subban. Players like him come once in a lifetime, instead they keep an idiot coach who belongs in the beer leagues.

nhl Hockey is a real interesting study, how can a league filled with old traditionalists be such a failure to adapt to the new World.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
You want to see some bad PK moments (which people seems to not talk about anymore)?

The most usual ones are:

Pk doing a spinorama, falling, and giving the puck over

Pk flipping on the refs

Pk getting dumb penalties

Pk diving

etc.

Theres a lot of 'bad' that comes with the 'good' of PK.

Habs traded a top-5 defenseman for another top-5 defenseman. People seem to forget that.

So a gaffe, a dumb meaningless penalty and being mean to refs, a dumb meaningful penalty, and trying to get a call are the damming evidence against one PK Subban? If I cared enough I could find one of each for Doughty Karlsson and Weber. Its meaningless in the big picture of things

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Haven't you watched the league recently?

Yes. And recently I saw a team trade for P.K. Subban, who's very creative. The behavior of the Nashville Predators is everything that's right with the league.

See what I did there?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You build a team around your strengths. In this case that strength is to build a wall around Carey Price.

I don't understand this logic. You have by far the best goalie in the world. Your goalie has a better chance to stop the puck on a given shot than the other team's goalie. If you put all of your efforts into minimizing shots against, then you're getting way less return on investment than you would if you put this defensive effort in front of a bad goalie.

To draw an example. If you're the Habs, do you want the shots for/against at the end of each game to be 10-10 or 50-50? To me, if you have Price in net, you definitely want the 50-50 game. The more total shots occur in the game, the bigger the advantage of having a superior goalie.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't understand this logic. You have by far the best goalie in the world. Your goalie has a better chance to stop the puck on a given shot than the other team's goalie. If you put all of your efforts into minimizing shots against, then you're getting way less return on investment than you would if you put this defensive effort in front of a bad goalie.

To draw an example. If you're the Habs, do you want the shots for/against at the end of each game to be 10-10 or 50-50? To me, if you have Price in net, you definitely want the 50-50 game. The more total shots occur in the game, the bigger the advantage of having a superior goalie.

With Price back there its not a big deal if the other team plays in your zone just keep the net clear Price will stop it. Like you said.

Even look at TC. When Price is in nets they can't score more than 3 goals, its more of an average of 2. Put Luongo or Holtby in nets and all of a sudden the team scores 5 or 6 goals.

I think teams just subconsciously they think that if Price is there they need max 3 goals to win it, often 2 or 1 is enough.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Subban for Weber was the worst NHL trade in the last two years (bad for Montreal), and I hated the Hall for Larsson trade.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So a gaffe, a dumb meaningless penalty and being mean to refs, a dumb meaningful penalty, and trying to get a call are the damming evidence against one PK Subban? If I cared enough I could find one of each for Doughty Karlsson and Weber. Its meaningless in the big picture of things

You must have not watched a lot of habs game, if you think these are rare from subban.

Ask any habs fan and they would tell you that it happens often that subban falls over after a spinorama and gives up the puck, that he takes a lot of dumb penalties, and that he flips on the refs often.

You will RARELY see Weber do these.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now that the cancerous Subban is gone, maybe they can win the cup!

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Watching Weber play right now for TC and in the playoffs against Sharks, he looks slow and not very good at moving the puck. We'll see what they think about his game.
I noticed this last season, Gaudreau made him look stupid 3 times in a game including the game winner. I suppose it could have been just an off night but as a Weber fan for years he was very slow looking and even disinterested.

feds91

May 17, 2004
PK was involved in numerous altercations with teammates in practices (desharnais, patches, plekanec, gallaguer, galchenyuk, leblanc, darche). andrei kotsitsyn even joked that every habs player wanted to fight him. he's a terrific defenseman but i can see why some people say he might be problematic in the locker room.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
Well watching WCH, you know where Subban is NOT playing, and man Price is going to love having Weber in front of him. He will protect that zone like Subban never could. Yes we will need to make some kind of move to help in the PMD dept as he is not as good as Subban. But that can be fixed, and who knows maybe Beaulieu finally pulls it all together this year, and I was impressed with Barberio's capacity to move the puck last year. Don't get me wrong they do not replace Subban but the Habs will have a lot more leadership and chemistry with Weber in the room so all of you complaining about this trade at least let the season began and see what happens cause nobody is going to convince me Weber is not a better defenseman right NOW then Subban. In 4-5 years we can revisit that maybe.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
I would think Price had a large voice in the discussion to move Subby for Weber. It's HIS team right now. Moves like that are not made without his endorsement. Bank on that.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Price's quote is questionable at best. You take the good with the bad, especially when the good far outweighs the bad. That creativity (flair) sold tickets, jerseys, and interest.

Canadian markets are different from American. Montreal would still sell tickets and jerseys even if their team was made of 18 plugs.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Regarding Subban, you can't be doing spin-o-ramas as last man back regardless of position. There were 2 guys easily open for him when he did that in the OP video.

I find this quote kinda funny, drew doughty did something very similar against Russia, I'm pretty sure he faked a shot and then spun, either way he made a risky play as the last man back on the blueline, and, he was praised for it by the commentators. I like both players, and, players of that ability should be allowed a little freedom, sure, it might hurt you sometimes, but, it helps you a hell of a lot more than it hurts you. I don't like how two players can make the same sort of plays and one gets praised and the other criticized. ( not that you did it )

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Understatement of the year

Its like comparing a topnotch NHL team to a AHL team plus Price

But Price is dead wrong that brutal team needs creativity and now is gone. And why nothing to say when he was there? What a joke

Holy just stop, last year they sucked but can we stop being over the top, it was clearly an anomaly.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It's going to be fun watching Nashville be better team than Montreal for years.

Why will it be fun? Nashville was clearly better even before the trade. Besides, Subban might outlive his welcome. There had to be some reason why he was traded.

Jul 6, 2016
Carey Price is going to be eating those words once Montreal realizes that they no longer have a player that can create offense like Subban. I've seen players like him in my years of watching hockey, the best way to fix failed creative attempts, is to give him more opportunity to succeed not less.

What's funny on this board is when Subban was a Hab, he was considered by 90% of the posters like a very high risk defenseman, a whiner. a hotdog and a diver... Now that he is no longer with the Habs, he becomes the best invention since sliced bread, the new Bobby Orr.

Jul 6, 2016
You must have not watched a lot of habs game, if you think these are rare from subban.

Ask any habs fan and they would tell you that it happens often that subban falls over after a spinorama and gives up the puck, that he takes a lot of dumb penalties, and that he flips on the refs often.

You will RARELY see Weber do these.

+ Subban is Mr.Giveaways. He doesn't block shots and rarely hit.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Subban is better than Weber. It sucks that Nashville got better at the expense of a team just looking to get rid of a great player. Price's comments reek of someone who was pushed to make them by management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad