Carey Price opens up on feelings from players and management regarding the PK trade

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Shea Weber does have aspects in his fame that are better than PK but I don't think those aspects were the missing pieces that the Habs needed to reach the next level, especially at the expense of PK's own unique facets of his game

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Carey probably loves the idea of having Weber to "protect" him, which is surely one of the reasons the Habs brought him in, but I think Carey's going to really miss PK when the puck is routinely stuck in the zone and not a single defender will be able to skate it out.

You take the good with the bad, just like you do with most creative players (especially at D) like Karlsson, Doughty, etc., the thing is with these guys, they're so good that the good far outweighs the bad.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Price is ever the company man.

Can't blame him though, hard for players to be open about lousy management and coaching - no matter how terrible things get.

Price made a politically correct comment that is similar to the ones he made prior.

Weber fits Therriens so called system better. He didnt take shots at Subban and gave an answer that if you dont have an agenda, is generic as they come.

Exactly.... He's just trying to welcome Weber and defend his team by towing the company line.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Yeah I always got the impression PK and Price were good buddies.

More like Subban forcing his overbearing personality on Price on the ice and Price just following along for the sake of following along. We all know people like that.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Ofc he has to defend it to a certain extent. He is good friends with Weber and he would never go out and say i hate this trade etc. Horrible trade imo. Subban is better right now imo and will certainly be better going forward aswell. Habs organisation are stuck in that good canadian boy thing and only want serious non flashy players. Step back for the whole organisation when they trade a player like PK for Weber. Weber is good dont get me wrong but that trade was horrible for Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad