Confirmed with Link: Carey Price is the recipient of the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I've read what Tremblay said at 91,9, what an act of non-class and a big occasion to keep his mouth shut instead of this cheap shot comment.
That "cheap shot" was not aimed at Carey. It was aimed at those f***ing idiots who thought a "Get well soon" trophy would be a good idea. Carey most likely appreciates the support, but that thing, that’s just a f***ing reminder.

It’s amusing that so many don’t understand what they’re reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MXD

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That "cheap shot" was not aimed at Carey. It was aimed at those f***ing idiots who thought a "Get well soon" trophy would be a good idea. Carey most likely appreciates the support, but that thing, that’s just a f***ing reminder.

Imagine defending Tremblay.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I love Réjean Tremblay, but that wasn't his greatest comment.

Unless there's something we don't know, which Richard Labbé hinted at.

Personally, I'm a big time supporter of Carey Price, although I hope he retires now, with his jersey going up the rafters.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

What is the purpose of this trophy anyway? Is it possible that standards changed and we have a strange award of accomplishment now? I don't get the idea of this trophy and I feel unconfortable complaining about it. What I see is time have changed, maybe not for better, maybe not for worse. I feel I just woke up in a new century, like time travelling.

Reactions: angusyoung

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What is the purpose of this trophy anyway? Is it possible that standards changed and we have a strange award of accomplishment now? I don't get the idea of this trophy and I feel unconfortable complaining about it. What I see is time have changed, maybe not for better, maybe not for worse. I feel I just woke up in a new century, like time travelling.

You could just check the award history.

The 1972 Masterton Trophy winner (5th year of this trophy existing) was Bobby Clarke who won it for playing in the NHL with Diabetes.

The 1978 winner won it for being small.

The 1990 winner tried to overcome injuries, played 2 games then retired.

The 1992 winner won it for overcoming EMS.

The 1993 winner (Lemieux) won it for overcoming lymphoma.

The 1998 winner overcame bacterial meningitis.

The 1999 winner overcame lymphoma.

The 2000 winner overcame alcoholism.

The 2002 winner (Koivu) overcame lymphoma.

The 2003 winner (Yzerman) overcame health issues and played 16 games.

The 2011 winner won despite playing 0 game (Ian Lapperriere).

The 2012 winner won for playing despite being diagnosed with MS.

The 2018 winner won for overcoming leukemia.

The 2020 winner won it for overcoming alcoholism and playing 24 games.

The 2022 winner won it for overcoming substance abuse and career threatening injuries to play 5 games.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I don't want to defend Tremblay but I think you may have a point.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
He is facing the probability that his career is done, what do you expect, big smiles? Or are you just hoping.
I hope he does what is best for the team and himself. He had a good run but probably best to pack it in.
As for his appearance, yes maybe he's done, but he doesn't have to mope about it does he? he was fortunate to play hockey and make some decent money.

Reactions: angusyoung

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Damn not good for Carey. Surgery, a whole year rehabbing, then tries to play 10 games and his knee falls apart again. He's a competitor but at this point he should just be thinking about putting it back together so he can enjoy his long life not experiencing chronic pain. Seems like a bad deal to try to play another 1-2 seasons and likely break the knee more, and then go through all that surgery and painful rehab again while his kids are growing up.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Damn not good for Carey. Surgery, a whole year rehabbing, then tries to play 10 games and his knee falls apart again. He's a competitor but at this point he should just be thinking about putting it back together so he can enjoy his long life not experiencing chronic pain. Seems like a bad deal to try to play another 1-2 seasons and likely break the knee more, and then go through all that surgery and painful rehab again while his kids are growing up.
He's paid 10.5m a year to play. If he retires and gives up that money that's one thing but if he's gonna pick up guaranteed money it should be done with an eye to recover and come back and play. That's the deal.

As for his number getting retired, not a chance.

Reactions: TopTenPlayz

Jul 6, 2016
Time for Price to retire. He can get a cushy front office job with the Habs.
No he won't... Because he won't want one. The guy is dreaming to go back West to BC or Washington State.

Price is not the only human being going through life challenges. And he got tens of millions $$$ in his bank account to get the best services.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He's paid 10.5m a year to play. If he retires and gives up that money that's one thing but if he's gonna pick up guaranteed money it should be done with an eye to recover and come back and play. That's the deal.
The deal is he signed a contract to play hockey under the NHL CBA which includes LTIR for players who get injured playing or training for hockey, and he's 34 years old with over 800 NHL games and three major knee surgeries.

Unless you think there's a decent chance he has a miracle recovery and can be a top 5 goalie again for 50+ games a season, isn't permanent LTIR the realistic best-case scenario? Nobody is ever going to walk away from a guaranteed 30M for going to a dozen doctor's appointments over four years, so permanent LTIR where the team can be 100% certain he and his cap hit are out of the picture is a much better outcome than the front office having to worry about the possibility of having to activate Price off LTIR every season.

Price is not the only human being going through life challenges. And he got tens of millions $$$ in his bank account to get the best services.
Thanks for telling us, I was under the impression that Carey Price made minimum wage previously.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No he won't... Because he won't want one. The guy is dreaming to go back West to BC or Washington State.

Mad at Pricer I see....
At least he earned his keep while he was in Montreal, more than we can say for some others.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Jul 6, 2016
So Price will decide only at the camp if he will play or not. Hughes has his hands tied now not knowing with which cap space he is playing this Summer.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He should retire. We don't really want him to come back and excel now. Sad but true.

Put his jersey up the rafters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad