Confirmed with Link: Carey Price is the recipient of the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Well, looks like in your point of view is everything in this team is Price first and only. The rest is just crap, not very cool for the other players. You quote he is busted. He is already getting old to a point when lot of players retire and you want the Habs Team to put all their planification into that player? There will be a day when this team will turn the page with Price and planify with another franchise player, or a new core of players. With Price we never know. He return to play, he is not. His injury will be healed or not. He have the desire to fight and return to play or not. Do you think most Habs fans are happy and confortable with The Price mystery now?

I'm agree with trading assets like Petry for a proper rebuilt, 90% Habs fan will agree with this, except his value isn't very high.
Who cares about the Price “mystery.” He’s not causing any problems. He’s being afforded extra time to recover and attempt another comeback no matter how slim it may be because the team is very early in a rebuild. If we were further along and he was anchoring the team, the team would shut him down and he would agree to it. He literally made a statement he doesn’t want to become a burden. He’s simply not as long as the team is in a development state.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Anybody heard what that piece of shit said live on 91.9 Sports ?

1654561419602.png

(he asks if each alcoholic in Montreal will have a trophy)

They deleted it since.

Wonder if at one time Molson and co will FINALLY sue that f***er.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Don't know if this is the right thread, but in case of anyone was wondering what Price's current recovery status is... this is from yesterday (they bumped into him at the mall).

1654746699124.png

• Wow
Reactions: rik schau

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Don't know if this is the right thread, but in case of anyone was wondering what Price's current recovery status is... this is from yesterday (they bumped into him at the mall).

View attachment 557340
He had a PRP injection last week. Why the crutches. Must still be having considerable pain to go that route. Likely have an operation sometime next season.

He had trouble coming back from knee injury in 2016. First he was suppose to be back by Feb1, then April 1, never did get back that season. Even spilled over into the next season. It wasn't until early 2017 before he was back to his old self.

Price not getting younger, likely harder for him to comeback at 35. I think at least 50% his career is done or near done. He may attempt a comeback for a few games but I have my doubts

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He had a PRP injection last week. Why the crutches. Must still be having considerable pain to go that route. Likely have an operation sometime next season.

He had trouble coming back from knee injury in 2016. First he was suppose to be back by Feb1, then April 1, never did get back that season. Even spilled over into the next season. It wasn't until early 2017 before he was back to his old self.

Price not getting younger, likely harder for him to comeback at 35. I think at least 50% his career is done or near done. He may attempt a comeback for a few games but I have my doubts
Not looking good at all.
Thinking we get a LTIR announcement for the rest of his career, or he retires soon.

Reactions: rik schau

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Not looking good at all.
Thinking we get a LTIR announcement for the rest of his career, or he retires soon.

I don't think he can retire without leaving an ungodly amount of money on the table.

LTIR seems like a real possibility.

Anyways, it's sad that he's on crutches at this point. All that work he put in just to play a small handful of games at the end the year, and now it almost feels like all that work was for nothing.

It's got to be demoralizing, and who could blame if he decides that he doesn't want to do it anymore.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Well, looks like in your point of view is everything in this team is Price first and only.
Not to respond on someone else's behalf but that really isn't the case. There are multiple giant holes on the roster right now, we are about to trade Petry and open a new roster hole, and there's bad contracts that we have to move or wait out. There is no plausible scenario to be competitive in the short term, in part exactly because we don't have a starting goalie and if you want to be good in the short to medium term there's not really a better option than just...hoping Price can return unless you're super high on Husso or Kuemper or something.
The rest is just crap, not very cool for the other players. You quote he is busted. He is already getting old to a point when lot of players retire and you want the Habs Team to put all their planification into that player?
No, the Canadiens are not putting all their plans into that player. They have Allen on the roster right now as a useful veteran, Primeau, Dobes, and Dichow developing, and they are going to extend Montembeault as insurance. They are leaving the door open, but have feasible options for this season if he can't play, and will make moves over this offseason or next offseason if Price ends up going on permanent LTIR, and the long-term plan is currently one of the three G prospects.
There will be a day when this team will turn the page with Price and planify with another franchise player, or a new core of players. With Price we never know. He return to play, he is not. His injury will be healed or not. He have the desire to fight and return to play or not. Do you think most Habs fans are happy and confortable with The Price mystery now?
Yes we will. Price himself said another season like this would not be sustainable with regards to his injuries, and both Gorton and Hughes have been cryptic but have talked about hopefully knowing by the start of the free agency period. Both sides seem to be pretty aware that he's not going to play out the contract, and this year is the decision point on both sides. We might not know by the start of next season, but we will absolutely know by the end.

For the life of me I will never understand why people seem to think Price wants to just hang around in injury limbo forever when he has the option of going home to BC on LTIR to fish and hunt away from the spotlight.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not to respond on someone else's behalf but that really isn't the case. There are multiple giant holes on the roster right now, we are about to trade Petry and open a new roster hole, and there's bad contracts that we have to move or wait out. There is no plausible scenario to be competitive in the short term, in part exactly because we don't have a starting goalie and if you want to be good in the short to medium term there's not really a better option than just...hoping Price can return unless you're super high on Husso or Kuemper or something.

No, the Canadiens are not putting all their plans into that player. They have Allen on the roster right now as a useful veteran, Primeau, Dobes, and Dichow developing, and they are going to extend Montembeault as insurance. They are leaving the door open, but have feasible options for this season if he can't play, and will make moves over this offseason or next offseason if Price ends up going on permanent LTIR, and the long-term plan is currently one of the three G prospects.

Yes we will. Price himself said another season like this would not be sustainable with regards to his injuries, and both Gorton and Hughes have been cryptic but have talked about hopefully knowing by the start of the free agency period. Both sides seem to be pretty aware that he's not going to play out the contract, and this year is the decision point on both sides. We might not know by the start of next season, but we will absolutely know by the end.

For the life of me I will never understand why people seem to think Price wants to just hang around in injury limbo forever when he has the option of going home to BC on LTIR to fish and hunt away from the spotlight.
After all is said and done........some guys for some reason just have this irrational hate on for Price, after all he has done for the organization.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Anybody heard what that piece of shit said live on 91.9 Sports ? (he asks if each alcoholic in Montreal will have a trophy)

They deleted it since.

Wonder if at one time Molson and co will FINALLY sue that f***er.
The POS had a good point. Something that fans and NHL obviously don’t want to hear from their child. Sue for what exactly ? Defamation ? Lmao

Nor do i think Carey wants any extra attention in the form of trophies now during the recovery process.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
After all is said and done........some guys for some reason just have this irrational hate on for Price, after all he has done for the organization.
Because Price is the only player who got irrational hate? I wrote about the toxic with this team. Toxic from some medias and mostly the social medias. I don't think some people hate Price the person, they dislike the question mark and the mystery around his injuries. The Habs team keep secrets like old urss politburo. I understand the reasons and why it's kept secret. But for a large part of the fans, it's frustrating and they can't be sure if Price is going back to play 2022-23. The hardcore fans of Price are the ones with higher deceptions and uncertain hopes.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter if we talk strictly hockey. Habs will be a bad team for another year, this will be another tank year. Where I don't comment much is about his trophy and his personal life. I'm not aware of the very negative comments written about Price recently.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The POS had a good point. Something that fans and NHL obviously don’t want to hear from their child. Sue for what exactly ? Defamation ? Lmao

Nor do i think Carey wants any extra attention in the form of trophies now during the recovery process.

It's pretty sad that you think he has a good point.

Reactions: bcv and Andrei79

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Because Price is the only player who got irrational hate? I wrote about the toxic with this team. Toxic from some medias and mostly the social medias. I don't think some people hate Price the person, they dislike the question mark and the mystery around his injuries. The Habs team keep secrets like old urss politburo. I understand the reasons and why it's kept secret. But for a large part of the fans, it's frustrating and they can't be sure if Price is going back to play 2022-23. The hardcore fans of Price are the ones with higher deceptions and uncertain hopes.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter if we talk strictly hockey. Habs will be a bad team for another year, this will be another tank year. Where I don't comment much is about his trophy and his personal life. I'm not aware of the very negative comments written about Price recently.
Well, for starters, the POS Rejean Tremblay..............this guy is a train wreck.
Whining about Price playing 5 games and receiving a trophy, such a joke.

Anyhow, Price's carrying the organization for a dozen years or so, has earned him a little slack, and no one including his fans, are crazy about the situation now that he is in, or that the team is in because of him.

Too much drama by many.............the decisions are coming in a months time, and it will be what it is.....my guess is LTIR for at least another season, and the habs get to use his cap hit once again.

If he does not play this year, and we go Allen and Monty, we will be in the lottery again..........so be it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

If that is truly what he said, then to me, that is a clear indication that the author has no clue what he is talking about it.

First of all, what he battled was a knee surgery with multiple setbacks in his rehab, which he continually worked on until he could come back, so he's completely leaving that part out.

Secondly, Im not sure if it was even confirmed that price had an alcohol issue, so where did the author get this information? In reality, I think the indications have been more towards price getting hooked on painkillers as these knee problems are nothing new for him.

The author should be embarrassed, if for nothing else other than a complete lack of competency and professionalism on his behalf.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Well, for starters, the POS Rejean Tremblay..............this guy is a train wreck.
Whining about Price playing 5 games and receiving a trophy, such a joke.

Anyhow, Price's carrying the organization for a dozen years or so, has earned him a little slack, and no one including his fans, are crazy about the situation now that he is in, or that the team is in because of him.

Too much drama by many.............the decisions are coming in a months time, and it will be what it is.....my guess is LTIR for at least another season, and the habs get to use his cap hit once again.

If he does not play this year, and we go Allen and Monty, we will be in the lottery again..........so be it.
I've read what Tremblay said at 91,9, what an act of non-class and a big occasion to keep his mouth shut instead of this cheap shot comment. I want free speech in general but, but, ... I would appreciate some old grumpy commentors like Tremblay think twice and practice auto-censorship. A stain on journalist profession. F minor.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Secondly, Im not sure if it was even confirmed that price had an alcohol issue, so where did the author get this information? In reality, I think the indications have been more towards price getting hooked on painkillers as these knee problems are nothing new for him.
Let's not play dumb here. The author referred sarcastically to addicts and that information is from Carey himself. Painkillers... It's a pretty name for opioids. Booze is nothing compared to that shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad