Carey Price first goalie in NHL history to win 8 games in a row for 2 seasons

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
yes the montreal impostors have won another game on the back of price. He is the best. They owe him the biggest contract in nhls history. I would be very afraid if he gets sick or injured. They will fold sooo quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
[mod] There was a time that at least 50% or more wanted Halak instead. Nothing came easy for Price in Montreal. He had to work hard for the status he has now even though he was slated as eventually becoming a great NHL goalie, he went through many tough times in a high pressure environment. The fact he was able to overcome that shows just how much character he has. For all that I tip my hat off to him. Hes a great athelete and you need to have followed him to really appreciate just how much he is a cut above the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Sure there are but this thread isnt about that. Its about a guy that hasnt always had it easy in Montreal. There was a time that at least 50% or more wanted Halak instead. Nothing came easy for Price in Montreal. He had to work hard for the status he has now even though he was slated as eventually becoming a great NHL goalie, he went through many tough times in a high pressure environment. The fact he was able to overcome that shows just how much character he has. For all that I tip my hat off to him. Hes a great athelete and you need to have followed him to really appreciate just how much he is a cut above the rest.

Indeed. Most other players have it easy and get everything handed to them on a silver platter

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
Indeed. Most other players have it easy and get everything handed to them on a silver platter

I never said that....but if you knew what Price went through here, you would not say that. There are not many teams in the NHL that go through as much media attention and preasure that the Habs go through.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Makes it look so easy. I think Habs have their best home start since 1953 or something crazy like that. But it's not how you start it's how you finish, and they're a pretty good team in front of him but there's still a lot of work to be done there. They really need to go all in at the trade deadline this year imo. As long as Price is healthy and playing like this their window is open.

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
fake record he should have come in for al montoya and be a man

Losing 5-0, or 10-0, whats the difference?

Why would they put in Price when they are guaranteed at that point to lose? That would risk an injury to Price for no reason

Do you know how things work?

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
The actual record they mentioned is "First goalie to start 2 consecutive seasons with 8 wins in a row"

Yep....wasnt able to find a way to say that in the title without running out of room LOL

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Carey is one of the most overrated goalies I have ever seen in the big leagues. Somehow he always seems to luck out and win against the Leafs but hopefully Matthews will score be able to score a few dozen hat-tricks on him in the years to come.

Carey is probably the best goalie who started their career this side of the year 2000.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Carey is one of the most overrated goalies I have ever seen in the big leagues. Somehow he always seems to luck out and win against the Leafs but hopefully Matthews will score be able to score a few dozen hat-tricks on him in the years to come.

With Price the Habs are practically the best team in the league. Without him they're not even a playoff team. He's at a Hasek level of goaltending right now.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
Yep....wasnt able to find a way to say that in the title without running out of room LOL

But I think they might be wrong. From what I have checked he had 7 in a row last season.

He's 21-3 over his last 24 excluding preseason. 26-3 if you add the WC.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
HF wants Price to fail really really badly, unfortunately he cant. 1 player allows Habs fans to be cocky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad