Post-Game Talk: Cardiac Caps @ Cardiac Canes: Myocardial Infarction Edition 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Its good to see them playing hard. This has been a let down game in the past.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Random question here, I'm not REAL old but I'm 30 so I've been a fan for a good while...so the goal was Orlov to Latta to Bura to Latta.

Orlov got an assist, back when I was younger I don't remember the Orlov assist counting. Am I wrong?

Yes, the Orlov assist counts because the only two players who touched the puck after that prior to the goal are Bura and Latta. The play hasn't been interrupted by a Canes player controlling the puck. Those assists are gimmes, you can earn them by completing a breakout pass as a Dman.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Yes, the Orlov assist counts because the only two players who touched the puck after that prior to the goal are Bura and Latta. The play hasn't been interrupted by a Canes player controlling the puck. Those assists are gimmes, you can earn them by completing a breakout pass as a Dman.

Right, I know that's the way it is now, but I feel like when I was a younger kid those didn't count. Am I wrong there? Was there any sort of change to that rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad