Post-Game Talk: Cardiac Caps @ Cardiac Canes: Myocardial Infarction Edition 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Even after wins like these in which they give a 60% effort, I still love this team.
25-6-2 before the Christmas break, top team in the league regardless of the outcome of the Wild-Stars game.

I hope they have a great time with their families and they get a well deserved rest.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Ovechkin gets pulled down and they call a too many men? Are you ****ing kidding me? At least try to look a little less biased.
John Walton was really going off on that. Must have been very blatant given JW's reaction, your and others posts.

This is the kind of reffing that makes the NHL look bush - let's help the lowly home team beat a tried legit contender to excite the fan base :shakehead
They still pulled it out :handclap:

I want them to be high seeded but almost hope Dallas or some other team gets the Prez trophy. This team has the feel of a stronger SC contender than the 2009-11 teams.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
John Walton was really going off on that. Must have been very blatant given JW's reaction, your and others posts.

This is the kind of reffing that makes the NHL look bush - let's help the lowly home team beat a tried legit contender to excite the fan base :shakehead

I want them to be high seeded but almost hope Dallas or some other team gets the Prez trophy. This team has the feel of a stronger SC contender than the 2009-11 teams.

This was just a puzzling call. The two guys swapping were behind the play - that's done like every shift. Top it off with not calling the OV interference / hold... just a real bad call.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They were clutching and grabbing all game. No clue how they got away with so much interference. Terrible reffing tonight.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Do you believe in the "Presidents trophy curse"?
I don't, it's a silly superstition. The Prez trophy winners have won 28% of the Cups since its inception in 1986.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I don't, it's a silly superstition. The Prez trophy winners have won 28% of the Cups since its inception in 1986.

That's pretty good considering how random the playoffs are.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Interesting I looked up the standings from 6 years ago (09-10) and on this exact date, this Caps team has 2 more points then that Caps team. That Caps team was 22-8-6 , played 36 games, and was 1 point behind New Jersey and Pittsburgh. This Caps team is now 25-6-2, and has only played 33 games, and is 9 points ahead of NYI and Habs.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Trotz not happy w/ too many men on the ice penalty at the end of the same. "Even the league said it wasn't a great call by the linesman."

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
This was just a puzzling call. The two guys swapping were behind the play - that's done like every shift. Top it off with not calling the OV interference / hold... just a real bad call.
It wasn't nearly as bad as the opposite end bench swap that happens almost every shift. Just so random considering changing players were way behind the play and both were within reasonable distance from the bench.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
LOL as a statistician of course I don't :D It's not so much a superstition as fallacious thinking.

However most fans, and I'll bet more players then would like to admit it do think it some kind of a "curse". So from a psychological standpoint, I'm fine if the finish w/the 2nd or even 3rd best NHL record.

Pre season most of us would have been thrilled if they finished top two in the East ! Still have more then half the season to go. Like one of my friends said - why can't the playoffs start right now ! I hope they're playing like this in April+ not whether they win the Prez ;)

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
I love this team!!! But I'm getting really tired of loving this team and having great buzz watching the game and then having the refs try and muck it up towards the end! If the Canes had tied it up due to that "too many men on the ice because you're making a line change" penalty bs, I would have been infuriated! But we rallied and won the day! Go Caps!

What I got the most from watching this game is that the Caps really are showing the league that they can pull out any kind of win and that no one can say that this team does NOT have the killer instinct anymore. They were clearly dog-tired, lagging* and just ready to start their holiday break, but they refused to lose. Even when the Canes made a valiant third period push, even when they really threw all they had in the last ten minutes (with the aid of the refs, grr) and still held strong.

This team is IT!

*Joe B and Locker pointed out that this was their 7th game in 12 days! And how many have they won in that stretch? Almost all of 'em! The Caps are AWESOME-SAUCE!

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
I love this team!!! But I'm getting really tired of loving this team and having great buzz watching the game and then having the refs try and muck it up towards the end! If the Canes had tied it up due to that "too many men on the ice because you're making a line change" penalty bs, I would have been infuriated! But we rallied and won the day! Go Caps!

What I got the most from watching this game is that the Caps really are showing the league that they can pull out any kind of win and that no one can say that this team does NOT have the killer instinct anymore. They were clearly dog-tired, lagging* and just ready to start their holiday break, but they refused to lose. Even when the Canes made a valiant third period push, even when they really threw all they had in the last ten minutes (with the aid of the refs, grr) and still held strong.

This team is IT!

*Joe B and Locker pointed out that this was their 7th game in 12 days! And how many have they won in that stretch? Almost all of 'em! The Caps are AWESOME-SAUCE!

6-1. Loss to Florida and then 6 W in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad