GDT: cardet

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Trap game.

This would be a good one to win. Points here count as much as they do against Pittsburgh. Or Boston later.

They’re in full spoiler mode. No pressure, having fun and they’re playing pretty well.

I agree Detroit is dangerous, but I'm glad we're getting these two games in this order (@DET then @NJD). IMO, the Wings just don't have the talent, and we should probably find a way to win, even if we're not on the ball. However, if Detroit manages to get our attention, we should be better off against NJD. If we're a little off @NJD, they will hammer us.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Me trying to get “cute” in the mirror for another day of couch-rest:

CEBB511B-FF0E-4545-988B-2EE556EEBE8B.jpeg

lol. I am so sick of being inside. Getting serious cabin fever. Hope the Canes give me another reason to smile today.

prayers of wellness to all today!

#TakeWarning

Mike Puck

Feb 10, 2015
Swe
svech has been hitting the wall a bit. he has little stretches like this that help you remember he's a teenager. he's been just half a step off his normal game and it's pretty drastic comparatively to what he was doing weeks ago. he'll be fine, but it sure would be nice to see one of those games where he's all over it.

Noticed that he has scored only once in his last 10 games, and 6 in last 25 or so. Is this typical for him? Sure he's still very young and will be fine.

Wishing all the luck, hope you guys make it after 82 is over. Must win tonight and these are not as easy as they seem. Personally cheering for Teuvo, what a smooth player he is.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Defense has been sparking the offense a bit more lately.

Goals from Edmunson and Skjei along with Necas and Trocheck.

Canes win 4-1

Reactions: Tryamw

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
svech has been hitting the wall a bit. he has little stretches like this that help you remember he's a teenager. he's been just half a step off his normal game and it's pretty drastic comparatively to what he was doing weeks ago. he'll be fine, but it sure would be nice to see one of those games where he's all over it.
He and Necas have both kinda slowed down since they've become besties. Svech's Mom is back in town so maybe she'll help turn things around. No brother vs brother tonight, though.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Noticed that he has scored only once in his last 10 games, and 6 in last 25 or so. Is this typical for him? Sure he's still very young and will be fine.

Wishing all the luck, hope you guys make it after 82 is over. Must win tonight and these are not as easy as they seem. Personally cheering for Teuvo, what a smooth player he is.

our broadcasters have been talking about how our injuries to right shooting defense has made it somewhat mandatory for svech to play his off side on the powerplay and he doesn't look entirely comfortable shooting from there. more relevant in my opinion is the rigor of the schedule and the importance of the games. we eased him in pretty well last season to the extended schedule, but the second time around with increased responsibilities and increased icetime can create fatigue that manifests in productivity lapses. not at all to say that he's not working hard, that will never be an issue, but he doesn't seem as confident with the puck as he did earlier in the season and he's over passing. sophomore players see this sometimes, particularly when their role was somewhat sheltered previously. he's adjusting to the weight of being a core player and not just a 3rd line weapon slotted under his talent level to ease him into it. he has always responded well to being challenged and i think we'll get a fully engaged version of him tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad