Confirmed with Link: Carcillo Dealt to Los Angeles for a 2015 6th/5th-round Pick

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ty for posting this. Was getting tired of hearing how Bollig does exactly what DC did.

Yeah, they aren't even close, DC >> Bollig, as in, much better than. We'll see what happens, obviously, we can win without him but I don't see how this move makes the team better unless it precludes another move to bring someone in.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Meh, another replaceable player gone, and we clear cap room for one of the young kids to step up.

Bollig doesn't replace Carcillo, because Carcillo and Bollig are 2 different players. Carcillo already said he doesn't really want to fight anymore, where as Bollig will take on pretty much anybody.

I would say Ben Smith or Jimmy Hayes will take Carcillos spot, which isn't a drop off at all.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah, they aren't even close, DC >> Bollig, as in, much better than. We'll see what happens, obviously, we can win without him but I don't see how this move makes the team better unless it precludes another move to bring someone in.

The Hawks signed Carcillo as a physical presence. He may have provided that early on, but after his injury he was too slow to really tear it up out there. I hate bringing this into it, but he doesn't really fight either. Bollig at least will stand up to other players. But in my eyes unless he's absolutely needed for a game he WILL be replacing Carcillo. In the press box.

How does this not make the Hawks better? He sat in the pressbox almost every night and was an unnecessary burden on the cap. This gives the Hawks a chance to bring up a young guy who could prove himself and actually play consistent minutes on the team.

Bowman by this point has shown his hand to us all for like 5 minutes. He's analyzing last season and trimming the fat off of the team. The Hawks have a stocked cupboard of forward prospects ready to come up and play in the NHL right now.

The last thing this team needs is Daniel freaking Carcillo to stand in the way of that. We already know guys like J. Hayes and B. Smith are at least at Carcillo's level of play, and have the potential to be better.

member 151739

He was hampered by injuries, and honestly, he's pretty redundant now. I appreciate what he offered though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I like it to make room for Morin, not Bollig. Bollig should start in the AHL and be called up when needed.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Disagree. Bollig is the 13th forward, no sense of having Morin up and sitting in the press box.

I don't think he would. The 13th forward should be a rotation of whoever has things to work on practice. I'd rather Morin, Hayes and Smith stay on the roster all year, share two spots and each get somewhere from 30-80 games.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
There were already spots for Morin/Hayes/Smith to battle for. The 13th forward spot is for Bollig.

Stalberg and Frolik's spots are what Morin, Hayes and Smith will be battling for. Seeing as Smith has a one-way contract, and will need to clear waives to be sent down, it's safe to assume he'll be on the team. That means, Morin and Hayes will battle for Stalberg's spot on the third line.. and at this point, I'd be pretty shocked if Morin didn't grab that spot.

Whoever loses (likely Hayes, IMO), will be far better served playing a large role (on the ice, and as a leader) in Rockford than sitting in the pressbox for 80-90% of the games. There will always be call-ups during the year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd rather them be playing big minutes in Rockford than just practicing with the big club.

Bollig plays 25 Games
Handzus plays 57 Games

A certain combination of Pirri, Smith, Morin, Hayes, Leblanc play every game either in the NHL or AHL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There were already spots for Morin/Hayes/Smith to battle for. The 13th forward spot is for Bollig.

Stalberg and Frolik's spots are what Morin, Hayes and Smith will be battling for. Seeing as Smith has a one-way contract, and will need to clear waives to be sent down, it's safe to assume he'll be on the team. That means, Morin and Hayes will battle for Stalberg's spot on the third line.. and at this point, I'd be pretty shocked if Morin didn't grab that spot.

Whoever loses (likely Hayes, IMO), will be far better served playing a large role (on the ice, and as a leader) in Rockford than sitting in the pressbox for 80-90% of the games. There will always be call-ups during the year.

Yup.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Was always a big proponent of Carcillo being brought here but he was never the same player after that knee injury. I liked him prior to that and what he brought but he really didn't bring much after that injury. Too many talented kids chomping at the bit for spots and this opens one up, so, good move. I wish him nothing but the best in LA and he can find his old form, except for games against the Hawks.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Don't you think the Chicago Blackhawks need a team cop on the ice during the regular season? Besides, Handzus is 36 years old and needs to be phased out.

Handzus won't play every game, but he's not the 13th forward heading into the season; Brandon Bollig is. That's pretty indisputable.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
First, Chicago has tons of prospects knocking on the door. That's not going to happen where anyone will be "rushed". Second, a few NHL games for a guy like Danault, McNeill or Ross here or there isn't going to hurt their development at all.

whose knocking on the door? Morin pirri, beach?
we're gonna be running on like 4 rookies..

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
whose knocking on the door? Morin pirri, beach?
we're gonna be running on like 4 rookies..

Morin, Stanton, Pirri, J.Hayes, Smith, LeBlanc and arguably Clendening (still needs work though) are all knocking on the door.

Then, in the next tier, you have guys like Danault, McNeill, Dahlbeck, Ross, etc. who, while all needing more seasoning, could play a game or two in Chicago next year and be solid.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Don't you think the Chicago Blackhawks need a team cop on the ice during the regular season? Besides, Handzus is 36 years old and needs to be phased out.

No, I don't. What do we need a cop for? To protect Toews and Kane? Who did that last year? Bollig played a limited amount of games, and Mayers/Carcillo are not cops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad