Confirmed with Link: Carcillo Dealt to Los Angeles for a 2015 6th/5th-round Pick

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Considering we have Jayes, Smith, Morin, Pirri and LeBlanc all NHL ready or close I wouldn't say anybody is being rushed. And veteran journeyman fourth liners are available for free every other week on waivers.

I would have waived Carcillo. Any return at all is gravy.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Carcillo of two years ago was better than Bollig but since he came back from the knee injury his skating is too slow. (LA is probably banking on him recovering his speed in the offseason).

Bollig is a 13th forward and probably more suited for the role of sitting out long stretches of games than a vet like Carcillo. Plus Carcillo's contract was guaranteed. This was a good and necessary move by the Hawks.

Exactly. With us he never even got close to the level of play he demonstrated with Flyers and Yotes. Good move.

Fullsleeve

Mar 6, 2013
Illnois
The slight intimidation factor that he brought when he was on the ice will be missed. I don't think Bollig is quite there yet.

It's going to take a 1 shot knock out of someone looking the other way for that to happen.:)

But I wish Carbomb luck in L.A.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I dislike this move. If one of these prospects go down with an injury whose there to replace them, rush another prospect?
Stupid move

First, Chicago has tons of prospects knocking on the door. That's not going to happen where anyone will be "rushed". Second, a few NHL games for a guy like Danault, McNeill or Ross here or there isn't going to hurt their development at all.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Carcillo played out his usefulness. I could see him coming back and being the new Sopel, aka the guy who hangs around the Chicago media.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
His "best" days were behind him, we cleared up cap space, we have a deep prospect pool's worth of players ready and rearing to battle for his spot, and we might get a draft pick out of it?

Solid move.

Plus, with any luck Carbomb and Torres will beat the tar out of their opposing teams in a future Kings/Sharks series, so doubly good.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Maybe Clifford and/or Nolan are being a pain about extending and Lombardi just pulled the rug out from under one of them. Can't imagine Lombardi was too interested in an arbitration case for Nolan.

This is LA fanbase's opinion too... We had four players file. Cliffy lost a bit of his game and Nolan was a benchwarmer...

Plus, with any luck Carbomb and Torres will beat the tar out of their opposing teams in a future Kings/Sharks series, so doubly good.

We're hoping he's a rental so Torres can be taken out and be gone for good. ;)

PS congrats on the cup....

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
This was the most insignificant of moves that one could possibly imagine.

So it will certainly spawn a long thread full of argument.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
draft pick or future considerations work for me. Save the cap space in case of any deadline acquisitions. Hawks will be uncomfortably close to the ceiling once Pirri is on the roster.

How you reckon they are "uncomfortably" close to the ceiling once Pirri and his massive $870k salary get put on the roster when they have as of now $2M left with 21 players?

RomersWorld*

Brandon Bollig(career with Hawks) 43 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, -3, 109 PIMs, 68 hits

Dan Carcillo(career with Hawks) 51 games, 4 goals, 10 assists, 14 points, +11, 93 PIMs, 113 hits

They really aren't comparable. When healthy, Carcillo is a way better player and so is any other player fighting to make the Hawks roster. Carcillo is at least wanted by another team...Bollig would have to be waived and likely no one would pick him up. He sucks so bad.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
How you reckon they are "uncomfortably" close to the ceiling once Pirri and his massive $870k salary get put on the roster when they have as of now $2M left with 21 players?

Unless I got my math wrong, with Stanton re-signing(~900 K based on his previous caphit) and before the Carcillo(825 K) trade, Hawks had ~300 K in capspace assuming Pirri(866 K) was on the roster. We were looking at the real possibility of the Rockford shuttle. Also it would have been difficult to bring up guys like Raanta and Leblanc up.

Carcillo trade alleviates all of those issues.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Knee injury really did Carcillo in. Sad. On a related note I am a big fan of Bollig on the roster. It's nice to have that element up the sleeve even if he's not in there every game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He gone...told ya this would happen...but I said Boluld also be gone...still think so...book it,Dano!

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Brandon Bollig(career with Hawks) 43 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, -3, 109 PIMs, 68 hits

Dan Carcillo(career with Hawks) 51 games, 4 goals, 10 assists, 14 points, +11, 93 PIMs, 113 hits

They really aren't comparable. When healthy, Carcillo is a way better player and so is any other player fighting to make the Hawks roster. Carcillo is at least wanted by another team...Bollig would have to be waived and likely no one would pick him up. He sucks so bad.

Ty for posting this. Was getting tired of hearing how Bollig does exactly what DC did.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Cleared some cap space and opened up a roster spot. I'm fine with it. He rarely played anyways, usually due to injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad