Confirmed with Link: Carcillo Dealt to Los Angeles for a 2015 6th/5th-round Pick

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Bickell-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Morin
Kruger-Handzus-Smith
Bollig, Hayes

All are solid forwards except Bollig.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Clearing Carcillo opens up a spot and gives the Hawks a bit of breathing room with the cap. Smith will take his spot on the 4th line.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
The only thing better about Bollig than Carcillo is his contract. Neither should be on the Hawks.

The rest of the team is so damn good that their negative play has little to no impact on the team, but the point still stands.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
draft pick or future considerations work for me. Save the cap space in case of any deadline acquisitions. Hawks will be uncomfortably close to the ceiling once Pirri is on the roster.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Carcillo of two years ago was better than Bollig but since he came back from the knee injury his skating is too slow. (LA is probably banking on him recovering his speed in the offseason).

Bollig is a 13th forward and probably more suited for the role of sitting out long stretches of games than a vet like Carcillo. Plus Carcillo's contract was guaranteed. This was a good and necessary move by the Hawks.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
YES!

Wanted his dead weight gone for some time. Even if the hawks get nothing in return this frees up almost a million in cap space to possibly make a move or sign a player later on.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Opens a spot for a kid so I'm in favor. Eager to see what we got from some of the guys who have been in Rockford for a few years and appear NHL ready (Pirri, Jayes, Smith, Morin). With bolland, stalberg, frolik, and mayers gone that should open up the spots for them.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT 1m
Official: Dan Carcillo to LA for a conditional 2015 pick.

I wonder what LA is doing with this? The Hawks just skated circles around them in the conf finals and they bring in another hanger type guy. Unless they aren't planning on re signing some of their rfa's? Muzzin just signed. They still got a coue out there?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
He hasn't been able to stay on the ice anyway. Glad that contract is gone. Plenty of better ways to use the slot. Getting a few hundred K back on the cap is a good thing, Carcillo really didn't have a role.

LandofLincoln*

om makes sense 2015 pick

Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT 1m
Official: Dan Carcillo to LA for a conditional 2015 pick.

I'm not really glad to see Carcillo go. I thought the deal was going sideways because there was no confirming sources. Obviously, we were not going to get much for him and that is fine a 7th rounder just to clear a little space makes sense.

Hearing that it is a 2015 pick makes sense to me. The compensation must have been the snag as far as why the details have been dragged out. If we get a 5th that is a nice trade.

I like freeing the cap space. I hope we find a taker for Brookbank now that Stanton is locked up. It's not like we are freeing enough dollars to get a impact free agent. It just sets Stan up with some future picks and it also sets Stan up going forward if he decides to trade a defenseman if Pirri or a 2nd line center does not emerge.

Stan has never made that mid season move, but if Clendening is ready to be an NHL'r then we could move a defenseman at the trade deadline and have cap space for the 2nd line center. So I think clearing the deadweight sets Stan up better.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I wonder what LA is doing with this? The Hawks just skated circles around them in the conf finals and they bring in another hanger type guy. Unless they aren't planning on re signing some of their rfa's? Muzzin just signed. They still got a coue out there?

Maybe Clifford and/or Nolan are being a pain about extending and Lombardi just pulled the rug out from under one of them. Can't imagine Lombardi was too interested in an arbitration case for Nolan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad