GDT: CarBos- The Bane of the Atkins Diet

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Willie O'Ree was barely even recognized at all until about 2010 or so. Like he was an answer to a trivia question, but you never saw him in a promotional context.

Probably just says a lot about how much things have changed in 12 years.

Boston could certainly use a little more wokeness IMO. I lived there for 5 years, and had never seen so many white women clutch their purses when crossing a person of color on the sidewalk.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Yep. Never seen another person in any sport throughout the world lick an opponent, not once but twice... Special, indeed

image-asset.png

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Yep. Never seen another person in any sport throughout the world lick an opponent, not once but twice... Special, indeed
Luis Suarez has bitten three people so far in his still active soccer career. Guy has another year or two left in him, fingers crossed he’s got another chomp in him before he decides to call it.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Luis Suarez has bitten three people so far in his still active soccer career. Guy has another year or two left in him, fingers crossed he’s got another chomp in him before he decides to call it.

Also quite special but in a different way than licking. At least biting has a component of causing physical pain to your opponent, which is a natural aspect of contact sports. Licking, is, well, not natural in competition.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Looks like Bear is being benched again. Normally that’d be real interesting in terms of trade speculation, but the fact he’s just been plain bad lately make it much less fun.

Yeah and as much as I've picked on Smith this season, his last game was actually his best of the season. He was physical as hell out there and played well. Hopefully he can keep that up.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Looks like Bear is being benched again. Normally that’d be real interesting in terms of trade speculation, but the fact he’s just been plain bad lately make it much less fun.

Can probably put the notion that he has meaningful value as a trade piece to bed. Getting scratched for Brendan Smith is not a positive argument in favor of that. Probably just an expiring contract to make the cap work on a deal at this time.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah and as much as I've picked on Smith this season, his last game was actually his best of the season. He was physical as hell out there and played well. Hopefully he can keep that up.

I agree but at the same time, I feel like he played the way he did because his career depended on it. We shall see, but I'm expecting to see Bear back in the lineup by next week, hopefully back to how he was pre Covid.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Can probably put the notion that he has meaningful value as a trade piece to bed. Getting scratched for Brendan Smith is not a positive argument in favor of that. Probably just an expiring contract to make the cap work on a deal at this time.

Oilers fans warned us. Perhaps, just not healthy is the issue because he was better earlier in the year. We’ll see.

Re trade, Foegele has not provided much for Edmonton either.

Btw: Short sample but I thought Keane played well against the Canucks .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad