GDT: CarBos- The Bane of the Atkins Diet

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Staal off the ice making sure people fits? That seems more like Aho the one starting a hippie commune in his house.....in fact I find it alarming there are no stories about Staal having Jarvis etc over for dinner. Sounds like Staal dropping the ball and others picking up the slack from where I sit.
I don’t know if you’re being funny or not! Staal has always been that guy for the canes. He’s pretty well known for being that guy on the Canes. Aho being younger probably is the more fun option for hanging out but if you’re being serious “dropping the ball” seems pretty ludicrous.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Marchand sent his post out specifically to Bruins fans who eat that shit up. He doesn’t care if it’s a true statement or not as no one in Mass cares if it’s a true statement or not. They just love it. He may look like an ass to a lot of us but he just endeared himself x100 to the people that love him most already.

So just like when he was licking opponents.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Marchand sent his post out specifically to Bruins fans who eat that shit up. He doesn’t care if it’s a true statement or not as no one in Mass cares if it’s a true statement or not. They just love it. He may look like an ass to a lot of us but he just endeared himself x100 to the people that love him most already.

Some would call this "virtue signaling".

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
this is 100% true, just like the canes' social media team don't really care but are no doubt high fiving over those engagement numbers. plus, fans get to argue on the internet, so this is the rare win-win-win

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
1) You do well know that it is perfectly correct in vernacular. In written Finnish kokoa kokoon koko Miami would be the correct way to gather together the whole of Miami. I will not have the integrity of my posts questioned.

B) In the current geopolitical world situation, we both live way too close for comfort near Russia to wantonly suggest even in jocularity to reduce the whole of Miami to cinders.

I do appreciate both 1 and B. We can meet half-way (without the customary axe swinging thereupon) if and only if you accept my pedantry between kokoa kokoon koko Miami and kokoa kokkoon koko Miamin kaakao (which would be both piratic and wasteful but it's an example).

3) Didn't we just buy expensive merican fighters to do the geopolitics thing? Heck, what good are they then? Will someone please think of them taxpayers!

(I am not a Cocoa Party conservative, I'm strictly Coffee Party and anti-median. Nothing wrong with that.)

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We can meet half-way (without the customary axe swinging thereupon) if and only if you accept my pedantry between kokoa kokoon koko Miami and kokoa kokkoon koko Miamin kaakao (which would be both piratic and wasteful but it's an example).
Miami cocoa does not compute. On my mental map, regardless what those newfangled shows like Seinfeld and CSI Miami try to tell me, Miami is still the Miami of Miami Vice, and we will gather the whole of the Miami coke to the bonfire if were going to have one.

Kokoa kokkoon koko Miamin koka.

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Miami cocoa does not compute. On my mental map, regardless what those newfangled shows like Seinfeld and CSI Miami try to tell me, Miami is still the Miami of Miami Vice, and we will gather the whole of the Miami coke to the bonfire if were going to have one.

We are reconciled. The great schism has ended. I gracefully agree.

(I thought "Friends" was recent? Another I know, and this may be passé, but what happened to the "Paul Hogan Show"? Did Kenny Everett just replace him? Dayamn.)

Reactions: Tryamw and Lempo

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

(I thought "Friends" was recent? Another I know, and this may be passé, but what happened to the "Paul Hogan Show"? Did Kenny Everett just replace him? Dayamn.)
(This was probably before color television arrived.)

Kokoa kokoon koko Miamin koka is simply perfection. Lempo, you talk, man.

Reactions: Tryamw and Lempo

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
(This was probably before color television arrived.)

Kokoa kokoon koko Miamin koka is simply perfection. Lempo, you talk, man.
(I'm trying to semantically maintain the idea that you don't burn it in a bonfire but you gather it together and what? it disappeared! in the evidence room like it does in the TV shows)

Edit: added "semantically", where it might be simply a lexical difference but that's arguable further

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Did we just witness a Finnish duel?

Reactions: DaveG and Stubu

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Imagine what happens when Finland gets Burn Notice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad