SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
3QeZ.gif

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He probably does. Sens hate skill, Mike Haley made the big squad clearly better than Balcers. So now the AHL team needs a tough guy I guess, because they are so hard to get. Ya know because Gudbranson, Watson and Josh Brown were incapable of filling that role.

Which one is it? I thought it was that the Sens hated hard working players because they kept Galchenyk over Balcers?

Make up your mind.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Lajoie fell off a cliff, climbed back up and fell off again. He had zero chance in the Sens organization. Probably be a decent AHLer for Carolina though.

Reactions: Morrison

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Lajoie can play in the NHL eventually.

Sens soured on him, but he's still young and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the Canes sometime in the next couple years.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I remember when Lajoie the Calder favorite and was scoring goals at the same rate at Elias Pettersson.

...for the first week of the 2018 season

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It’s a Ahl level deal basically. And also helping out the traded players to go elsewhere where maybe they stand to have a better chance.

Pretty much this. Fans tend to forget that these players are people. If someone like Lajoie has a small chance of becoming an NHL player, but there's a total log jam, why not trade him for a different type of player you might need at the AHL level.

Reactions: banks and Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Pretty much this. Fans tend to forget that these players are people. If someone like Lajoie has a small chance of becoming an NHL player, but there's a total log jam, why not trade him for a different type of player you might need at the AHL level.

Agreed

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I like this trade for Carolina. Lajoie can be placed on the taxi squad if Forsling makes the Panthers, and if he doesn't, then Carolina can re-claim him for the taxi squad and assign Lajoie to Chicago, where he's still young enough to develop his game more.

As for Bishop, he's a very good penalty killer in the AHL, and on a bad NHL team, I could see him becoming a solid, defensively-minded 4C. He's always had good possession metrics in both the NHL and AHL, as well, so take that for what it is.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It’s a Ahl level deal basically. And also helping out the traded players to go elsewhere where maybe they stand to have a better chance.

I get that it's an an AHL deal i'm saying it's pointless because neither guy has any chance to impact the teams

Last edited:

sticker76

Jul 7, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Lots of analysis for two AHL guys. They are both tweeners and will be depth more than anything else. This was not to improve either organization. From what I've been told, and I know someone who covers the Hurricanes, Bishop had asked for a trade, with Geekie impressing the club and likely making it as their 12th/13th forward, it put Bishop further down. Bishop is what many have stated, hard working, speedy, PK kind of guy that had no slot on the roster, so the Canes tried to give him an opportunity elsewhere. That's it, nothing more than that. I don't think this will affect roster spots or taxi squad at all. It could but won't affect the guys on the ice or salaries too much.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Which one is it? I thought it was that the Sens hated hard working players because they kept Galchenyk over Balcers?

Make up your mind.
Never said that your reading comprehension is at an all time low today. This is your move eh just make things up to try and discredit people. There is a quote option if you want to use it. Its pretty usefull.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Clark Bishop isn't a 'tough guy' by any means. He is a hard-working speedy penalty killer with limited skill. I know that the Sens' have that in abundance, but this trade is a lateral move.
Not really, one player has the potential to play in the league the other doesnt. Lajoie, just needs to get stronger and is on a much longer development curve. He has shown he has the skill and hockey sense to play in the league the other player doesnt. I dont understand why people blindly defend this organization when they have been so piss poor basically for decisions like this. Burning asset is burning an asset they add up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad