Confirmed Trade: [CAR/OTT] Max Lajoie for Clark Bishop

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
As a sens fan, who?

Edit: for CAR fans Lajoie is a pretty good AHL D with maybe some small NHL upside but likely won't make the big club without a bad string of injuries.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Two guys that could have probably been had on waivers

But you dont add the contract

This was in response to losing forsling

Reactions: DaveG

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
I really thought Lajoie had more value than this. Not that he was all too valuable, but more than this.

Carolina is a terrible landing spot for him anyway

Yeah, the last thing they need is a D that is still trying to solidify a spot on the NHL roster.

Maybe another move is coming?

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Lajoie was never going to get on the NHL roster. Too much depth ahead of him and coming up. Fresh start is good for him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I really thought Lajoie had more value than this. Not that he was all too valuable, but more than this.

Carolina is a terrible landing spot for him anyway
He probably does. Sens hate skill, Mike Haley made the big squad clearly better than Balcers. So now the AHL team needs a tough guy I guess, because they are so hard to get. Ya know because Gudbranson, Watson and Josh Brown were incapable of filling that role.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Bean wants to play every day versus sit on the Taxi squad. Since Forsling was picked maybe this is Carolina's way of letting Bean go back to the AHL and have a 2nd defender on the taxi squad.

As a Canes fans, I like Bishop's game. He is a 14th forward guy who plays really hard and will give you a lot in the 8 minutes a night he would get. He isnt going to score a ton but he'll play a solid 4C when called upon.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Lajoie still has NHL upside IMO. He was dynamite for a stretch a couple years ago, but ultimately floundered due to playing for such a poor team defensively. He definitely should've been better in the AHL last season so I don't know what's wrong with him.
He's done it before and is still young. Although, I wouldn't have picked Carolina if I was him, too much strong competition on the backend.

Reactions: Chevx

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I suspect Chicago might be a little short on D... after Forsling got claimed, and even with loaners coming from the Preds... we still only maybe have 3 to send, Chicago was a little light on bodies on D. We have more forwards we can send than Chicago had room for, so this also helps open a spot up front instead. Purely AHL move.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I suspect Chicago might be a little short on D... after Forsling got claimed, and even with loaners coming from the Preds... we still only maybe have 3 to send, Chicago was a little light on bodies on D. We have more forwards we can send than Chicago had room for, so this also helps open a spot up front instead. Purely AHL move.

Carolina. Never mind you mean the wolves

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
He probably does. Sens hate skill, Mike Haley made the big squad clearly better than Balcers. So now the AHL team needs a tough guy I guess, because they are so hard to get. Ya know because Gudbranson, Watson and Josh Brown were incapable of filling that role.
Clark Bishop isn't a 'tough guy' by any means. He is a hard-working speedy penalty killer with limited skill. I know that the Sens' have that in abundance, but this trade is a lateral move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad