Confirmed with Link: [CAR/FLA] Scott Darling + 2020 6th Round Pick for James Reimer

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Mrazek was good back in the time, Reimer is just career backup without talent

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I was actually hoping for Optimus Reim. He is what the Forsberg addition should have been.

Here's to hoping he isn't the #1 though. And that Florida retained and paid assets.

Edit: they took Darling. Florida does this because Reiner's buyout would have costed them more next year. Allows them more flexibility and gives the Canes a true 1B.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's fine if he's going to be our backup. If he's our plan for the starter....Ugh.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Reimers is probably one of the most likeable players in terms of his personality. Hes very down to earth and seems like a genuine good guy. He can range from good 1A goalie to crappy backup. I think behind your defense and him being motivated to prove doubters wrong he can put up close to mrazek numbers. This guy can be a goalie that plays 45-50 games and gets you points. You'll need a 1B goalie though to play 30-35 games. Best of luck to the canes with Reimer. At one point he was probably my favourite player in the NHL but sadly his goaltending skills were too inconsitent and his style looked awakard. Hoping for the best for him and hopefully he can be a serviceable (good) goalie for you.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well on the bright side, the whole Darling thing is over with. The hive has done a good job of taking bad money and turning into at least better money spent. We turned a guy we aren’t sure will even be here (and if he does it’ll be in Charlotte) into an actual back up goalie.

That’s good when you look at it that way, but at the moment it still seems like we’re moving backwards from our goaltending last year. Too premature to really think that though with next week still in front of us.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Reimer makes $3.1 mil next season. Darling's buyout would have cost ~$1.18 mil. Effectively, they'll pay him ~$1.92 mil next season, presumably to be the backup?

If things don't go well next season, Carolina can buy him out at a cost of ~$2.82 mil over 2 years. That would bring the cost to ~$5.93 mil over 3 years. Darling's buyout is worth $4.73 mil over 4 years.

They're making a small gamble on Reimer and keeping the books cleaner for Svechnikov's extension in 2 years and Necas' in 3.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Instead of getting a starter, we're just going to acquire everyone's backups and rotate them around every few games in hopes one of them magically becomes a Vezina goalie? I'll be disappointed if our starting goalies are Reimer/Forsberg/Ned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad