Confirmed with Link: [CAR/FLA] Scott Darling + 2020 6th Round Pick for James Reimer

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
3 straight games he’s played where he’s been our best player.

2-0-1 with just 1 goal of support (not counting the empty net goal against the Kings) in each game.

He’s okay.
Let’s not forget that performance against the Flyers recently...he couldn’t stop a beach ball. Both he and Petr are terribly inconsistent. Fortunately, right now, they are out of phase with their suck.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The Philly game was bad, but Mrazek had started I think 4 straight before that. Of course you don't want a guy that will at least sometimes be in a backup role to look that bad after some time off, but it's not shocking either.

Reactions: cptjeff

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The Philly game was bad, but Mrazek had started I think 4 straight before that. Of course you don't want a guy that will at least sometimes be in a backup role to look that bad after some time off, but it's not shocking either.

Yes, but one of the reasons Mrazek had started 4 straight was that Reimer had 2 straight poor starts around Christmas (chased after 5 minutes by Toronto, then gave up 5 on 24 shots to the Rangers.)

Like the rest of the team, Reimer's been pretty streaky this season.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Yes, but one of the reasons Mrazek had started 4 straight was that Reimer had 2 straight poor starts around Christmas (chased after 5 minutes by Toronto, then gave up 5 on 24 shots to the Rangers.)

Like the rest of the team, Reimer's been pretty streaky this season.
I mean...outside of Rask, Lundquist, or prime Price...who’s not streaky? Christ. The Canes goalies this year have been totally fine ... and that’s what you’re going to get if you invest about $6m in two goalies (figures may be off a little, not sure). It’s the rub of paying 5 defensemen $4m+ AND acquiring two pretty decent forwards in the offseason. I’m amazed by the repeated references to the Flyers game, which we actually won.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I mean...outside of Rask, Lundquist, or prime Price...who’s not streaky? Christ. The Canes goalies this year have been totally fine ... and that’s what you’re going to get if you invest about $6m in two goalies (figures may be off a little, not sure). It’s the rub of paying 5 defensemen $4m+ AND acquiring two pretty decent forwards in the offseason. I’m amazed by the repeated references to the Flyers game, which we actually won.

Probably because it was the least enjoyable win I'd ever seen in person.

All in all impressive numbers from Reimer, but this goal on the 1st shot needs to stop because that really changes the game for everyone.

Perhaps if he is the clear #1 and gets most of the starts that will give him consistency.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Probably because it was the least enjoyable win I'd ever seen in person.

All in all impressive numbers from Reimer, but this goal on the 1st shot needs to stop because that really changes the game for everyone.

Perhaps if he is the clear #1 and gets most of the starts that will give him consistency.
It's not just the goals on the first shot, this team is plagued by giving up goals in the first or last minute of a period. It feels like we've allowed that to happen for most of the games over the past month or so.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It's not just the goals on the first shot, this team is plagued by giving up goals in the first or last minute of a period. It feels like we've allowed that to happen for most of the games over the past month or so.

true...true. Sometimes you have to just “make a f***ing save”

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
When he flubs, he's like Milhouse when he had to be tied up to goaltend after the boy got concussed. Anything slides through.

It's the damndest thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->