Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
7db0fe57-4018-4579-a675-6a78377eafcf_screenshot.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I present this Finnish news without commentary:

Sebastian Aho got a taste of the hardness in the NHL - the Finnish giant rushed to the scene in an instant

Carolina Hurricanes rose to the top of the NHL Central Division when the team beat the Florida Panthers 4–2 on Friday night. Sebastian Aho, who scored two goals undercutting, was involved in many during the fight.

In the middle of the third batch you could see a small melee, in connection with which Panthers' Patric Hörnqvist attacked Aho. Hörnqvist had time to push Aho for about three seconds when Hurricanes' Finnish pack Jani Hakanpää skated and pushed the Swede over.

Then Juho Lammikko, known from Leijon, woke up to Hakanpää, who came to defend Hörnqvist.

The situation continued to look amusing as Hakanpää tried to rip Hörnqvist with his other hand while Pond held him by the grip.

Bally Sports South has posted a video of the situation on Twitter.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It'll be a damn shame if it did. The OP of that thread was a classic, a masterpiece.

Oh well, I guess these are the sacrifices we need to make if we want HF to not crash on deadline day.
So as a teen I had a phase and I loaned Milton's Paradise Lost from the local library. It was an early 20th century Finnish translation, with annotations by the translator.

There is a scene where Azrael or someone figuratively speaking rips a new one for various Lords of Hell gathered.

The helpful translator had seen it fit to annotate on this occasion: "This here seems to be humour."

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I can't help but keep looking in on the Panthers GDT; it's just too amusing. This had me literally laughing out loud:

"I thought the Panthers outplayed Carolina 5on5 in the 3rd period. However, unfortunately, the Canes kept getting called for penalties."

Someone actually said that! :lol: Apparently the refs hurt Florida's chances of winning that game because they called too many penalties on Carolina!

Last edited:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I can't help but keep looking in on the Panthers GDT; it's just too amusing. This had me literally laughing out loud:

"I thought the Panthers outplayed Carolina 5on5 in the 3rd period. However, unfortunately, the Canes kept getting called for penalties."

Someone actually said that!:lol: Apparently the refs hurt Florida's chances of winning that game because they called too many penalties on Carolina!

Well, that's true though. Our PK was on fire last night, and after that short handed magic from Aho and Necas, any hope or momentum that was there was more or less snuffed out. No amount of penalties the refs could conjure up was going to change the outcome of that game.

VibesAlive

Coastal Jerk
Jun 3, 2018
Salt Marsh NC

Someone actually said that!:lol: Apparently the refs hurt Florida's chances of winning that game because they called too many penalties on Carolina!
I'm still trying to figure out how I got banned from that forum? I'm new, but not stupid. No way I mess with another team, much less on a game day. Had to be a post count thing and an affiliation with the salt marsh down east. Or my face. Anyway, this sucks, not from reading their shit but being broad-brushed. Even by the members here earlier. Dadgum.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm still trying to figure out how I got banned from that forum? I'm new, but not stupid. No way I mess with another team, much less on a game day. Had to be a post count thing and an affiliation with the salt marsh down east. Or my face. Anyway, this sucks, not from reading their shit but being broad-brushed. Even by the members here earlier. Dadgum.
Before you joined, there was a VibesAlive that terrorized all boards. You just, unfortunately, chose a bad username.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

Only thing I can think of is that they mistook your username for someone else that had previously trolled (from their perspective) their board? Not the guy last night, his name was tatertot something, but maybe from previous GDTs?

By the way, when you post here I still see your avatar and think "Coastal", lol. I have to read your name to recall what you go by on HF Boards.

edit: nevermind, didn't see BBAs post.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Well, that's true though. Our PK was on fire last night, and after that short handed magic from Aho and Necas, any hope or momentum that was there was more or less snuffed out. No amount of penalties the refs could conjure up was going to change the outcome of that game.

I dunno, that late 5-on-3 goal had me concerned.

Reactions: Tryamw

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Only thing I can think of is that they mistook your username for someone else that had previously trolled (from their perspective) their board? Not the guy last night, his name was tatertot something, but maybe from previous GDTs?

By the way, when you post here I still see your avatar and think "Coastal", lol. I have to read your name to recall what you go by on HF Boards.

edit: nevermind, didn't see BBAs post.

I wasn't on the other boards for more than a few years but I miss some of those guys. Coastal and AWACs come to mind.

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad