GDT: CAR-FLA part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
In his time as coach of the Panthers, Joel Quenneville has never been one to put too much weight on an upcoming game. This two game series with the Carolina Hurricanes is different.
Quenneville and the Panthers definitely know what is at stake here.
Thursday,” Quenneville said, “is going to be our biggest game of the year.”

What a week! Hope the Canes keep rolling after their beach days. Too much sun can make ya sleepy. Keep the pressure on. Go Canes!

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
11 games remain in the season and none of them is as important as these next two.

Two wins against Florida goes a long way towards locking the Canes into first place in the division. Home ice advantage for the Playoffs would be huge.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
11 games remain in the season and none of them is as important as these next two.

Two wins against Florida goes a long way towards locking the Canes into first place in the division. Home ice advantage for the Playoffs would be huge.
I mean given after this series we'll have 9 games left and them 7, just managing one win in this series would go a very long way into helping us get there.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I was looking at the canes' head to head records and not to jinx anything, but if the series with the panthers was a best of 7 the canes would have already won it. The same is true for every team in the division except tampa, Detroit (they won 4 before we did) and Chicago (only 5 games played so far, 3-2 canes). Pretty neat

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I was looking at the canes' head to head records and not to jinx anything, but if the series with the panthers was a best of 7 the canes would have already won it. The same is true for every team in the division except tampa, Detroit (they won 4 before we did) and Chicago (only 5 games played so far, 3-2 canes). Pretty neat

Its pretty crazy that we're most likely going to finish the season winning every season long series in the division except against Tampa ('tied' at 3-3-1) and Detroit (which we actually lost)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ryan in for Skjei instead of Bean? I guess that might say something in regards to who gets the last protection spot in the expansion draft between Skjei and Bean.

Alternatively it may say something about how bad they think Skjei's concussion may be. Ryan has played 4 AHL games all year. The Canes just traded away their only other "vet" defender in Haydn Fleury. Bean has played recently and if they were to go down another D then they would have nobody.

I could also see Rod looking at Florida and just preferring the "Brian Gibbons" route in Ryan - who he can tell to sit back and not make any mistakes.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
From what I read about Ryan when the Canes signed him this past offseason, I’m kinda surprised he hasn’t already gotten into a game or 2. He played close to top 4 mins on LA, granted that was LA, but he should at the very least be a competent 3rd pair guy. The only real concern i have is rust.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Ryan in for Skjei instead of Bean? I guess that might say something in regards to who gets the last protection spot in the expansion draft between Skjei and Bean.

To be honest, I’ve come to the conclusion that I wouldn’t mind that much if Francis claimed Bean. I don’t think they’ll leave him unprotected though, and if they do end up protecting Skjei over Bean, I think that would indicate more so that Hamilton is gone vs. them losing confidence in Bean’s future development.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
ATTERO!
DOMINATUS!
FLORIDA IS BURNING
DENIQUE!
INTERIMO!
SUNRISE HAS FALLEN

WE STAND AT THE GATES OF SUNRISE
WITH TWO AND A HALF DCEADE OF CANES
WITH STAAL, NOOK AND HAKKIS IN OUR RANKS