Confirmed Trade: [CAR/FLA] Cliff Pu for future considerations

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What the heck? So this is just a Turco for Pu trade, but they're calling them 2 separate trades for Future Considerations?

Reactions: DaveG

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I thought Jurco was only signed to an AHL deal?

Did the Panthers sign him to an NHL deal before the deadline and then deal him?
Idk. It's bizarre.

Carolina is straight up saying they acquired Tomas Jurco...

Tomas Jurco is currently ineligible to play with Carolina. Carolina did not acquire Tomas Jurco.

Idk why they are presenting it this way.

Reactions: GermanLeaf

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Was thinking maybe Jurco was going to get an NHL deal from the Canes before the deadline, but it sounds like it's for Charlotte:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
What the heck? So this is just a Turco for Pu trade, but they're calling them 2 separate trades for Future Considerations?
Basically an NHL team can't trade for a player on an AHL deal. So it has to be done as the guy under an NHL contact being traded for futures and the AHL trade being for futures.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Pu was always a questionable trade for Skinner IMO. Not surprised given the depth the Canes have on forward prospects that he's gone now. It's not even like he's blowing the doors off.

Jurco is a guy I once had very high hopes for. Seems like he'll be in the KHL next year. Why Play on the AHL at this point?

So Skinner for some picks. Ugh .

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not a loophole.

It's an NHL trade, and a separate AHL trade.

Carolina saying they acquired Jurco is factually incorrect. Charlotte acquired Jurco.
Man, okay. Slightly confusing but okay. I'll keep this in mind.

Still, making such a move is essentially Carolina admitting they were wrong about Pu in the skinner trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad