Confirmed Trade: [CAR/FLA] Cliff Pu for future considerations

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not a loophole.

It's an NHL trade, and a separate AHL trade.

Carolina saying they acquired Jurco is factually incorrect. Charlotte acquired Jurco.
True, though the phrasing of the Carolina organization acquiring Jurco is technically correct. Which as we all know is the best kind of correct.

Reactions: Chrispy

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
I thought Pu was supposed to still be the 4th line C kind of guy that's fast, good at faceoffs, and had good size even if his offense didn't translate (which it doesn't look happened). Seems early to send him away for future considerations.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
They were talking on TSN about how GMs can only do a max of 6 trades in a day...do these types of trades count as 2 moves or 1?
This is only 1 trade, however TSN is counting it as two... I'm shocked none of the insiders there caught it, and they never corrected themselves, and they keep counting in their total number of trades for the day

BUT Cluff Pu for futures is the only NHL trade here.
Tomas Jurco for futures is an AHL deal.
(Panthers release actually says so much)

And the 6 trades max thing was just Gord Miller (I think it was Miller) joking around.
In fact, since then CBJ has completed a 7th trade on the day

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
This is only 1 trade, however TSN is counting it as two... I'm shocked none of the insiders there caught it, and they never corrected themselves, and they keep counting in their total number of trades for the day

BUT Cluff Pu for futures is the only NHL trade here.
Tomas Jurco for futures is an AHL deal.
(Panthers release actually says so much)

It’s only one NHL deal. AHL-only contracts are organizationally separate from the NHL. They have nothing to do with the NHL directly until that player is signed to an NHL deal. The fact that Jurco will be playing with NHL prospects and supporting an NHL affilitate’s team still doesnt make him NHL property. It’s wholly outside of the NHL’s CBA.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
It’s only one NHL deal. AHL-only contracts are organizationally separate from the NHL. They have nothing to do with the NHL directly until that player is signed to an NHL deal. The fact that Jurco will be playing with NHL prospects and supporting an NHL affilitate’s team still doesnt make him NHL property. It’s wholly outside of the NHL’s CBA.
Exactly.

TSN listing the Jurco trade as an NHL trade is wrong.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Skinner trade is quickly approaching Erat-Forsberg

Absolutely not. The Canes sold a soon-to-be UFA for what the market had to offer. I'll argue that Waddell didn't even get bad value for Skinner, when you consider what a comparable asset in Nyquist just went for.

Trading a top prospect/recent high pick for ~1.25 years of an aging 2nd liner is not comparable.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The Skinner trade is quickly approaching Erat-Forsberg
What? How?

The canes sold a ufa to be in the summer instead of the deadline. Obvious futures deal. A 2nd, 3rd and 6th plus Pu instead of a 1st and a decent prospect because Skinner forced their hand with his ntc. How is that even comparable? They weren’t going to pay Skinner 8 million a season and got whatever they could.

Would’ve been a perfectly fine trade if they got a first. Instead they got a second.....not seeing an Erat/Forsberg comparison...

Reactions: Tryamw

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This duo of trades certainly wins "weirdest transaction of the day" honors. Man, it doesn't seem long ago that people thought Cliff Pu was the shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad