GDT: CAR-DET. Take your BP medicine early because you're gonna need it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Glad to be largely done with long trips out west. The team has been steady at least outside of those, if not spectacular. Feels a lot like last year for that. Hopefully, they can find their rhythm and settle into the team we know they can be.

Also, it's crazy that they could have pretty easily gone 1-5 on that trip, but they also could have won or picked up a point in any game but the Oilers game. That's hockey.

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Glad to be largely done with long trips out west. The team has been steady at least outside of those, if not spectacular. Feels a lot like last year for that. Hopefully, they can find their rhythm and settle into the team we know they can be.

Also, it's crazy that they could have pretty easily gone 1-5 on that trip, but they also could have won or picked up a point in any game but the Oilers game. That's hockey.

I think with better goal tending they could have at least split it maybe even 4-2.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I mean, I'm not one of the folks to harp too much on us not having enough offense or finishers, and Husso was quite good tonight, but he's also been pretty not good this year and we did need a fluke to get one of the goals we got. We know we have those types of games on occasion. I'm not killing us for it.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Pretty complete game by the entire roster:
1702614155043.jpeg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
RE: Kane.

I think the reasoning was that he looked terrible on the Rangers because of the injury, which the surgery was supposed to address. It's low risk with 1 year at $2.75M (less due to proration I think) and they still will have about $6M at the deadline so it won't overly impact moves down the road as well. Worth a shot IMO.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I'm surprised anyone went after him after his performance with the Rangers. Let alone having major surgery after that.

It didn't help him that seemingly every time he touched the ice the announcer pointed him out. If he could have just "disappeared" for the game it would be one thing, but we all got constant reminders that he was there and doing mostly nothing.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Ville Husso was damn good. As good as Pyotr was last night, he didn't have to save a lot of grade A chances like Husso did. Nevertheless, it's another good confidence boost for him. I was worried after the Rasmussen goal, which was a bad one to give up by any stretch. You have to count on your goalie to stand tall there.

I thought we were the much better team from what I watched. I also don't take much from that, since the Wings were shorthanded. Some Wings fans thought that it was an evenly played game, and I question if they were watching the same game I was watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad