Confirmed Trade: [CAR/CBJ/FLA] Max Domi (@25%) and Tyler Inamoto to CAR, Aidan Hreschuk to CBJ, Egor Korshkov and 2022 CBJ 6th to FLA

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Egor Korshkov. How many other NHL draft picks have played 1 game and scored, only to never play an NHL game again...

Hurricane legend Brad Fast?

1647956483220.png

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
The dude seems somewhat arrogant off ice, but I’m curious to what CBJ and MTL fans have to say.
But probably his one dimensional play.

Met him a couple of weeks ago. Very nice guy. He talked to my son for 15 minutes or so. Didn't come off as arrogant at all. He and my son are both T1D hockey players, so they talked about all of the issues with that, and there are a lot. It is impressive that he can play in the NHL with T1D.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Where is he expected to play in Carolina's roster? Domi is not very good when not getting top 6 minutes. He's pretty good offensively tho

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Come on, DJ, is it really worse then trading a declining top 20 player all time in Fedorov for Teddy Ruth?
That was a cap dump, when those were legal. This was essentially the same thing only we're still on the hook for 50% and gave away an asset on top of it (6th rounder). The return isn't much different. A no-name NCAA defenseman with a <10% of cracking the NHL roster (and Ruth was a former second-round pick).

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Man did Jarmo ever want Max off his god damn team.

I think he wants to play the younger guys like Foudy and Bemstrom (and maybe Kent Johnson) plus wanted some return for Domi rather than let him walk for free in free agency. After losing to Washington the other night (which pretty much was the end of the CBJ’s playoff hopes) I don’t think the Jackets will go full tank, but they may do some things that might lead to a few more losses and a slightly better draft position. They can do things like trade Domi, not rush guys like Elvis and Boqvist back from injury, etc. that might move them up a couple of spots while the team still plays hard.

Reactions: CBJx614

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
The dude seems somewhat arrogant off ice, but I’m curious to what CBJ and MTL fans have to say.
Don't think he is arrogant like his dad. When he first joined the Knights he would commit to taking time to talk to everyone from janitors to fans. Maybe don't judge a book by its cover?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Don't think he is arrogant like his dad. When he first joined the Knights he would commit to taking time to talk to everyone from janitors to fans. Maybe don't judge a book by its cover?
Well I asked for opinions, so don’t judge me for checking my opinion out with people who might know better lol

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
i don't reckon ever hearing anything bad (locker room, off-ice) about Domi when he was in Montréal. it really all boiled down to how he played hockey

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

He's not arrogant off ice. Very popular guy.

He's just a moody (on-ice) mostly one-way winger, those guys are rarely worth a lot.

Reactions: Dr Beinfest

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Like a second offensive line? Hmm, that could work.

Yes. That's ideal for Domi.

Also, just spitballing, but Teravainen hasn't been scoring at all on the top line this year (5v5) so maybe shake it up and try Domi with Aho and Svechnikov. He's literally never been on a team with talent like that in his life, I'm curious how that would go.

Reactions: teddygmr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad