Confirmed Trade: [CAR/BUF] Jeff Skinner for 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd and 6th, and Cliff Pu

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Part of it could be attributable to line mates, but the tried him with E Staal, with J Staal, with Lindholm, etc. And it wasn’t just about being selfish at times, it was not always putting in effort in all zones and being careless with the puck in the neutral zone.

Like I said, he’s not a locker room cancer by any means from what I can tell, but I do think it’s a bit more than just time to move on. Still, I’m a fan of Skinner and he has shown at times he can play hard in all 3 zones and when he does, he’s a real big asset. Playing with Eichel, getting a fresh start, and being closer to home may do wonders for him. Let’s not forget that he scored 37 goals just 2 seasons ago.
No offence at all but IMO those line mates are pretty mediocore for his skill level. I agree with your other points.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No offence at all but IMO those line mates are pretty mediocore for his skill level. I agree with your other points.
Fair point on Jordan and Lindy, but I was just pointing out that the Canes didn’t stick him with Derek Ryan types without trying other things first. No doubt the Canes have lacked talent though.

Eric Staal wasn’t mediocre when they tried him with Skinner and has shown that he still isn’t mediocre today so I disagree on that.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Fair point on Jordan and Lindy, but I was just pointing out that the Canes didn’t stick him with Derek Ryan types without trying other things first. No doubt the Canes have lacked talent though.

Eric Staal wasn’t mediocre when they tried him with Skinner and has shown that he still isn’t mediocre today so I disagree on that.
Il agree eric is not mediocore but in his last few years with the canes he wasn't himself is more what i guess i meant. Good Correction.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Bravo to the sabres organization...even EA is laughing at Carolina :laugh::laugh::popcorn:
Now there's a shocker... Canadian company goes out of its way to rip on the Canes... That's like totally never happened before...

Mind you, the same "Trade Rejected" message pops up if you try and replicate the Bobby Hamilton/Michael Ferland for Noah Hanifin/Elias Lindholm deal, but somehow EA Canada decided not to make a joke over that.... geee... I wonder why...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm a Buffalo fan but is Skinner the first person ever to turn down moving to LA to come to Buffalo? He must really be homesick.

Not Buffalo in particular off the top of my head, but LA has had a looooong history of losing players to the east coast, losing out on Chara, Kovalchuk (1.0), B. Richards, and so on.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Now there's a shocker... Canadian company goes out of its way to rip on the Canes... That's like totally never happened before...

Mind you, the same "Trade Rejected" message pops up if you try and replicate the Bobby Hamilton/Michael Ferland for Noah Hanifin/Elias Lindholm deal, but somehow EA Canada decided not to make a joke over that.... geee... I wonder why...

Did you add Adam Fox?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Out:
ROR
Cliff Pu
2019 2nd
2019 4th
2020 3rd
2020 6th

In:
Skinner
Sobotka
Berglund
Thompson
Sheary
Dahlin
2019 1st

We def added a lot of roster players that are all upgrades over the players they are replacing, while only giving up 1 roster player from last season. Skinner is at worst = Kane. Sobotka Berglund Sheary Dahlin all improvements over whatever crap we had in the middle 6 last year.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Guys, I think there is a lot of comedic potential here thanks to the one guy's last name being Pu. Like poop.

Let's just say the Canes are really into Pu and leave it at that. Let's not judge, either.

Maybe having Pu on your team will make for a fantastically fun time. Only time will tell.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Out:
ROR
Cliff Pu
2019 2nd
2019 4th
2020 3rd
2020 6th

In:
Skinner
Sobotka
Berglund
Thompson
Sheary
Dahlin
2019 1st

We def added a lot of roster players that are all upgrades over the players they are replacing, while only giving up 1 roster player from last season. Skinner is at worst = Kane. Sobotka Berglund Sheary Dahlin all improvements over whatever crap we had in the middle 6 last year.

Forgo adding STL 2nd in 2021.

Dahlin was drafted...nit part of any trade or UFA signing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see the Canes are getting panned for the return on Skinner, but the guy is a UFA after this season. There's not a chance he was re-signing in Carolina, and I doubt he signs with Sabers either, unless they dramatically overpay. And for a team supposedly in a rebuild like Buffalo, giving up a decent prospect like Pu and draft picks, makes little sense to me, unless more moves are on the horizon bring back some picks.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Out:
ROR
Cliff Pu
2019 2nd
2019 4th
2020 3rd
2020 6th

In:
Skinner
Sobotka
Berglund
Thompson
Sheary
Dahlin
2019 1st

Technically you could add E. Kane to the first list....When you do it looks a lot different.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I see the Canes are getting panned for the return on Skinner, but the guy is a UFA after this season. There's not a chance he was re-signing in Carolina, and I doubt he signs with Sabres either, unless they dramatically overpay. And for a team supposedly in a rebuild like Buffalo, giving up a decent prospect like Pu and draft picks, makes little sense to me, unless more moves are on the horizon bring back some picks.

Pu is like maybe the Sabres 10th best prospect.

I'd rather have immediate help to be honest. Sabres have 3 picks in the first round next year anyways.

Plus if Skinner meshes well they could have a shot at re-signing him

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Meh return for a guy who can score 30 goals/60 points.

Word is they had better offers from LA and one other western team during the draft & either they declined or Skinner blocked it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Word is they had better offers from LA and one other western team during the draft & either they declined or Skinner blocked it.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Berglund and Sobotka are in the twilight of their careers. Sheary is a very suspect player, not sure how long a career he'll have in the league and how he will perform away from Crosby and the insulation in Pittsburgh.

Skinner is a good pick up but besides that I'm not sure what this 'serious depth' is.
Go look at their prospects pool. It'll tell you all you need to know.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

I watched an interview and Skinner said he was only notified of waiving it to go to Buffalo.

Reactions: Tripod

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
I don't know if you meant recent history or the history of the franchise, since you didn't elaborate, I'm going to say you meant the whole franchise, having said that, you know jack**** about hockey. Get your not so smart phone out and look up a trade with the name Hasek. Then come back here and apologize.

One amongst many where Sabres did the fleecing. Briere comes to mind as well.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I watched an interview and Skinner said he was only notified of waiving it to go to Buffalo.

He gave the Canes a “very small list” of teams he’d be to which he’d be willing to waive. I’m sure CAR got better offers from teams not on the list, but what’s the point of taking those to the player if he’s already said he’d only waive for a very small number of teams?

Skinner was well within his rights to use his NMC, but it certainly cost the Canes in potential returns for him. What can ya do...

Reactions: LakeLivin

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
You're assuming a lot if you think he's going to automatically be willing to waive his NTC at the deadline. Rumors are that he already rejected at least one agreed upon trade for the Canes (with LA at the draft), chances are he'd do it again.

There's this thing called a NMC ? I'm not sure if you know what that is, but Mr Skinner has the right to say "I want to go to free agency and not get traded again" Given there is a high chance of that considering where his family lives. Before you try to diss. Use your brain first. Don;t be Peter Chairelli

We can’t just assume that he still has his NTC.

Buffalo would have had to sign an addendum to the contract in order for the NTC to still be in effect.

Both Skinner and Botterill said that he waived his NTC. But I’ve seen nothing on if Buffalo picked it up again.

I guess we will find out by the deadline at the latest (if it doesn’t come out before then) if Buffalo hasn’t signed him by then.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Naw he has it on every team he goes on throughout the remainder of the contract. Capfriendly.com still shows that the NMC is there when he was shifted to buffalo's cap page so it would become a factor at the deadline too haha

Not true. Buffalo would have had to pick it up.

And Cap friendly showed that Bogosian had a NMC for years after he was traded to Buffalo even though he didn’t. Whether the new team picked it up or not is something that’s hard to confirm after a trade. So CF lists that a players still has a NTC until they can confirm it either way.

Here’s the rules pertaining to NTC/NMC after a trade -

NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

• The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig