Captain Dion a -6

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
finally someone smart thank you for seeing how bad dion is. He is out for every goal pretty much cant make a proper pass out of his end and always gets stripped of the puck. He fractured our best players arm and should never be out on a PP. Why carlye puts him and kostka out for every PP still baffles me JML is by far the best passer on D and usually on get the last 30 secs of the PP after dion does **** all. Sundin Clarke Sittler Keon Gilmour Phaneuf ......hmmm which one doesnt belong

Rick nash had -19 last year and has had other seaons where he was a -35 and -27. If numbers down lie i guess that means he is one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the league.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
A player has the worst plus minus in the entire league... And he's still playin "well".

It's the coaches fault, the goalies fault, his defensive partners fault... At what point are we just making excuses for the worst plus minus player in the entire ****ing leaugue?

He's been ****ing terrible to start the ****in season. We've all seen him play much better. He almost forsurably will improve. So let's wait or it.
But enough with the homerism.

I may never agree with most of what you post...but at least I know why you chose that username, lol.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
I was a little disappointed in the cbc panel calling out our defencemen after the game last night. Sure they made some mistakes but they were under siege for 55 minutes! Did they not notice we had no sustained forecheck? I just don't understand how so called experts could single out Phaneuf and Kostka and let the forwards off the hook like that

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Played 32 minutes last night with questionable NHLer Kostka, against a line of Nash, richards, and gaborik.......Such a fail thread.

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
like i said when Captain Oblivious led our national squad to oblivion during the WCs, anytime a guy like dion gets a letter and big minutes its an indictment of your team's lack of leadership and talent

when we are good again, one of the first signs will be dion phaneuf can't find his way on to our roster

keeping it real guys

hockeyfanz*

I can't imagine it being the best arrangement to play over half the game with an AHL defenseman...

These words will never be heard from Mike Koskas mouth...

"I never really got the chance to show my stuff" :laugh:

hockeyfanz*

like i said when Captain Oblivious led our national squad to oblivion during the WCs, anytime a guy like dion gets a letter and big minutes its an indictment of your team's lack of leadership and talent

when we are good again, one of the first signs will be dion phaneuf can't find his way on to our roster

keeping it real guys

Dont disagree with most of your post. Although he is a decent player...probably should be 2nd or even 3rd on the depth chart on a contending team....the C is hampering his game and the team IMO.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Phaneuf has been inconsistent so far.

He played great against the penguins, especially against Crosby.

He needs to play less minutes and keep his game simple.

When he tries to do too much he gets in trouble.

s dubay

Jul 17, 2005
Sask
Bad coaching in this game i.e.: too many mins for Dion/mike pair makes them look terrible nothing more. On to the next one.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
He's taking a lot of heat for last night's game, but I don't think he's entirely to blame. The forwards missed a lot of assignments. Reimer wasn't good enough either.

Here we go again with the Reimer criticism.

Reimer played great on Saturday behind a team with swiss cheese defence that got outshot 41-17. He let in four goals that I would argue he had no chance on any one of them.

Give Reimer a break. There isn't a goalie in the NHL that would have won that game for the Leafs on Saturday.

Penalty Kill Icing*

When your coach and captain can't figure out how many minutes your best defender has to play, the outcomes are self explanatory.

Both of Carlyle and Phaneuf have to be blamed for this one. Still having tough time digesting what these two are up to?

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Dont disagree with most of your post. Although he is a decent player...probably should be 2nd or even 3rd on the depth chart on a contending team....the C is hampering his game and the team IMO.

Yep I agree, if we had another dman that could be the face of our d it would really allow Phaneuf to step back and focus on doing what he can do, instead of pressuring him so much to be something that he is not.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
In Phaneuf's defence, he was our best defenceman by far for the first 3 games. His numbers have gone south because he is being played far too much and his partner is a career AHLer.

Pair him with Gunnar and play him 20-25 minutes a game, and he'll be just fine.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Phaneuf goes for hit.

Phaneuf clears puck to center of the ice in his own zone.

Phaneuf watches puck go in his own net due to turnover.

Phaneuf twirls around like a 300 pound ballerina.

Phaneuf hunches like a hunchbac, Phaneuf wait 20 seconds between each word to answer interview questions.

DEEEEE YAWNNNN!

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Dion needs a quality D to play next to him. Gunnar is not the answer as he is too soft to play against the big bodies forwards. Kosta we can now see that he is no better than a 3rd pairing.

Guys that Brooks Orpik, Hjalmarrson, Girardi, Bieksa, Brewer those type of D that can play a physical game, provide good play on both ends of the ice. A solid vet to play with Phaneuf. He should not be the one playing with rookies so he can mentor them.

Too bad Komi is not good with the puck cause he would be a good pair on the physical side of things but he needs a puck mover on his pair cause he is playing the puck like he is using a broom handle.

SteveV*

Dion is fine, we're lucky to have him. Guess people forget when he put Nash on his AZZ in the first period. He is playing TOO MUCH, that is the coaches fault, and it is leading to late game fatigue!! HELLO.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Phaneuf goes for hit.

Phaneuf clears puck to center of the ice in his own zone.

Phaneuf watches puck go in his own net due to turnover.

Phaneuf twirls around like a 300 pound ballerina.

Phaneuf hunches like a hunchbac, Phaneuf wait 20 seconds between each word to answer interview questions.

DEEEEE YAWNNNN!

LOL yeah i've noticed that aswell in his interviews.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
There's not another player in the league that has been scored on as many times even strength as Phaneuf.

2nd overall in the league in average TOI, behind only Drew Doughty (who has 0 points, and is a -1).

Oh, and Ryan Suter is 2nd behind Dion in that category you mentioned (9), and has played less minutes. He too is as mediocre and useless as Dion, no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad