Captain Dion a -6

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Granted he got 32 minutes last night, which is overboard for total minutes played by a defenseman if you ask me.

But something needs to change. Either he's not really a top 2 D, or he needs Gunnarson back, and needs to go back to his normal D position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Granted he got 32 minutes last night, which is overboard for total minutes played by a defenseman if you ask me.

But something needs to change. Either he's not really a top 2 D, or he needs Gunnarson back, and needs to go back to his normal D position.

he needs to play 23 to 25 minutes a game

and if you ask me plus minus is overrated

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
He made some solid plays tonight, just towards the end the defense as a whole was looking bad.

I think he's awesome most nights, people overanalyze him too much. He's definitely not perfect nor is he a superstar d-man on the level of Weber, Pronger, Chara etc. but he's right below that.

Give him a better d-partner though, that would definitely help.

Oh and let's not forget that we dont actually have a #1 Goalie.(not saying that was the problem tonight, just in general.)

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He was playing against Gaborik, Nash, Richards all night tonight.. Pretty sure this is the same line that made Boston look silly too..

You people need to lower your expectations or something. These players aren't perfect.

Disgruntled Observer*

He was playing against Gaborik, Nash, Richards all night tonight.. Pretty sure this is the same line that made Boston look silly too..

You people need to lower your expectations or something. These players aren't perfect.

Rangers have played four other games... Whih means 8 other 1st line defenders.

How come those other defenseman aren't all -8?

I'm not necessarily saying that phaneuf sucks... I'm just saying that EVERY other teams 1st pairing defenseman play against the other teams best players... And phaneuf has more goals scored against while he is on the ice han any other player in he entire league

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dion's a quality 2nd pair D who's forced into a role he not good enough to play . I have no idea why RC is riding him and Kostka to this extent , 30 plus minutes is nuts . All i can think of is he has very little confidence in the bottom pair guys he keeps rotating in and out of the line up .

TheDoubleDion87

Jan 14, 2013
Truculence Nation
Rangers have played four other games... Whih means 8 other 1st line defenders.

How come those other defenseman aren't all -8?

I'm not necessarily saying that phaneuf sucks... I'm just saying that EVERY other teams 1st pairing defenseman play against the other teams best players... And phaneuf has more goals scored against while he is on the ice han any other player in he entire league

mike-kostka-41-nhl.jpg

Yo ho hello there!

Not only is he playing beside this guy but he played beside this guy against the best line in the NHL. +/- is a garbage stat and in fact I think Phaneuf played ****ing well today.

Disgruntled Observer*

mike-kostka-41-nhl.jpg

Yo ho hello there!

Not only is he playing beside this guy but he played beside this guy against the best line in the NHL. +/- is a garbage stat and in fact I think Phaneuf played ****ing well today.

I'm overall a fan of phaneuf, but he's been lousy so far this season.

I'm sure he'll pick it up... But let's please stop with the homerism and let's call a spade a spade.

Disgruntled Observer*

A player has the worst plus minus in the entire league... And he's still playin "well".

It's the coaches fault, the goalies fault, his defensive partners fault... At what point are we just making excuses for the worst plus minus player in the entire ****ing leaugue?

He's been ****ing terrible to start the ****in season. We've all seen him play much better. He almost forsurably will improve. So let's wait or it.
But enough with the homerism.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
A player has the worst plus minus in the entire league... And he's still playin "well".

It's the coaches fault, the goalies fault, his defensive partners fault... At what point are we just making excuses for the worst plus minus player in the entire ****ing leaugue?

He's been ****ing terrible to start the ****in season. We've all seen him play much better. He almost forsurably will improve. So let's wait or it.
But enough with the homerism.

Are you ****ing serious? He has played his best hockey this year so far, he is playing against the opponents best lines and he kept our team to 2-1 until like 10-15 minutes before the end of the game. Team was tired and some lucky bounces and tip-ins which resulted in a goal. He has been getting 30 minutes a game and that is crazy, You are Pejorative Slured if you think it is his fault, he is playing good.

Disgruntled Observer*

Are you ****ing serious? He has played his best hockey this year so far, he is playing against the opponents best lines and he kept our team to 2-1 until like 10-15 minutes before the end of the game. Team was tired and some lucky bounces and tip-ins which resulted in a goal. He has been getting 30 minutes a game and that is crazy, You are Pejorative Slured if you think it is his fault, he is playing good.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... But are you saying that the player with the worse plus/minus in the entire league is playing good defensive hockey?

Remember... EVERY teams best defenseman is Playing against the other teams best players. Yet dion still has the lowest +/- IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
He's taking a lot of heat for last night's game, but I don't think he's entirely to blame. The forwards missed a lot of assignments. Reimer wasn't good enough either.

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
I'm not a huge fan of Dion, but he's by far our best defenseman. +/- is total ********. He got a - when NY scored on a 4 on 2 with him playing with an AHL partner. 32 ****ing minutes? He's not god damn superman. Where the hell were our forwards?

Our 2 Best players last night were Dion and Reimer.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of Dion, but he's by far our best defenseman. +/- is total ********. He got a - when NY scored on a 4 on 2 with him playing with an AHL partner. 32 ****ing minutes? He's not god damn superman. Where the hell were our forwards?

Our 2 Best players last night were Dion and Reimer.

I'm going to agree, about Dion anyway. The first goal, you had Bozak and Kessel casually trailing one of the Ranger players that ended up scoring. Or New York's second goal where Grabovski was just a step behind. Where's the hustle, you know?

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Please correct me if I'm wrong... But are you saying that the player with the worse plus/minus in the entire league is playing good defensive hockey?

Remember... EVERY teams best defenseman is Playing against the other teams best players. Yet dion still has the lowest +/- IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!

Sigh.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are too intelligent to believe the crap you spew.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We have a definite weakness on RD.

Komisarek, Kostka, Franson, and even Schenn couldn't even play 20 min to help him out.

Jones will cure these problems in the 2013 draft.

Disgruntled Observer*

:facepalm: Shut up troll, If you would actually watch him play you would see what everyone is talking about. Also remember that the team is tired from 3 games in 4 nights, I know that is not an excuse though. The forwards were definitely the weak link, also as I said we kept them to 1 goal until near the end of the game where a few lucky goals, tip-ins happened and the momentum of the game switched.

Excuse after excuse.

The worst plus/minus in the league... And more excuses.

He's played badly so far. That's it.

Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of players in the league... And he has the worst plus/minus.

If you want to call it 'bad luck', then go for it.

Who do you think is more likely deluded?
The person who says that the Player with the worst plus/minus in the entire league has been BAD thus far? Or the person claims that the player with the worse plus/minus in the entire league has played GOOD thus far.

Seriously take some time for self reflection before you answer that question.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Dion's a quality 2nd pair D who's forced into a role he not good enough to play . I have no idea why RC is riding him and Kostka to this extent , 30 plus minutes is nuts . All i can think of is he has very little confidence in the bottom pair guys he keeps rotating in and out of the line up .

He's a former Norris Trophie candidate, an all star just last year and a couple of years ago everyone was shocked he didn't make Team Canada for the Olympics. How is he not a 1st pairing defencemen? He's just playing too much right now, especially for not really playing since last April.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Excuse after excuse.

The worst plus/minus in the league... And more excuses.

He's played badly so far. That's it.

Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of players in the league... And he has the worst plus/minus.

If you want to call it 'bad luck', then go for it.

Who do you think is more likely deluded?
The person who says that the Player with the worst plus/minus in the entire league has been BAD thus far? Or the person claims that the player with the worse plus/minus in the entire league has played GOOD thus far.

Seriously take some time for self reflection before you answer that question.

If you think Dion hurts this team more than helps, you need to find another sport because you clearly have no clue about hockey. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad