Captain Crosby for Canada!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
perfect! Now if Canada fails to win gold, we have Crosby's forcing Kunitz on Team Canada and Crosby' Captaincy!

**** Crosby!

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Quelle surprise!

I knew there was no chance for anyone else when they had that news conference at camp and Toews wasn't on the panel of five players. Cue main board complaining.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Quelle surprise! Indeed, hahaha. Everybody knew it would be Sid and I'm happy for him. Weber and Toews are excellent choices as alternates.

In the end, a letter on a jersey is a letter on a jersey, leadership will establish itself during the games. GO CANADA GO!

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I just saw an article that said that the Pens would let Sid go to the Olympics early to carry the flag in the opening ceremonies if he's asked.

And no, not a Trib article. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
well-duh.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D204

Good for Sid, and if Canada wants him to be their flag-bearer I'd have no problem with him going early...not like the standings even matter at this point.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
I wonder how many of the dense haters will stop cheering for Team Canada now? :laugh:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I wonder how many of the dense haters will stop cheering for Team Canada now? :laugh:

Judging by some posts on the Olympic boards, I'm starting to wonder if some Canadians will root against their own team now... :laugh:

Some of them really don't like the guy that won them the gold in 2010.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Apparently the guys who made this decision don't read these boards or they'd know that every player in the league hates Sid cause he's a cry baby.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Judging by some posts on the Olympic boards, I'm starting to wonder if some Canadians will root against their own team now... :laugh:

Some of them really don't like the guy that won them the gold in 2010.

So far it's only a Flyers fan and a Toews fan, apparently.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Apparently the guys who made this decision don't read these boards or they'd know that every player in the league hates Sid cause he's a cry baby.

Yet when Toews lost his head against Detroit in the playoffs last year, it was because the refs were biased against him or it was because the Red Wings have a bunch of dirty Europeans on their team. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So far it's only a Flyers fan and a Toews fan, apparently.

Yeah, not as much outrage as I was expecting to be completely honest.

There was never going to be anyone else that was going to be the captain, and I think most people realized that early enough that this isn't going to surprise anyone. Giving anyone but Sid the captaincy makes an issue out of something that is a total non-issue. Too much value gets put on who wears the 'C'...and too many fans think they know what happens in the lockerrooms better than the people who make these decisions do.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
This is well-deserved and not really surprising. Toews is a fine captain too, but Crosby is the face of the sport in Canada and around the world. I'm sure he'll acquit himself very well in his role in Sochi.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I just saw an article that said that the Pens would let Sid go to the Olympics early to carry the flag in the opening ceremonies if he's asked.

And no, not a Trib article. :laugh:

Definitely he should go if they ask him. Once in a lifetime opportunity and it's not like the Pens are in a tight playoff race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad