Captain Boroweicki

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lol Boro is a sycophant. It's got him far so good on him.

But it still makes him a sychophant.

it's no suprise that Melnyk, Dorion and the coaches love him. He does and says anything they want.
That's bullshit … you just hate him. The players seem to all like him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Nobody hates Boro,he is a great bottom pairing role defender...But him being Captain,and being the voice of the team seems a bit much

Reactions: NyQuil

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
He is a situational defender,that should be a pressbox staple unless we are playing a very physical team ...But yeah he has run his course here for sure

People hate Ceci and I get that. Put him on the bottom pairing and he'd probably be okay. I guess that's e difference between us and a legitimate NHL team

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
People hate Ceci and I get that. Put him on the bottom pairing and he'd probably be okay. I guess that's e difference between us and a legitimate NHL team
Ceci and Boro should go for them as well as us ,our left side can more than make up for Boro,s loss...And the right can have kids like Jaros and Demelo play more

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No, Brady is stuck her fire the foreseeable future
Look I want to believe that it will play out differently,I really do ....I want to enjoy nights like tonight without the doom and gloom of the ownership hanging over our heads...But with EM he just has a way of f***ing everything up

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I say we wait to give out the captaincy and just run with 3 alternates for the remainder of this season and then hopefully all of next season until we have solidified a foundation of young players that we plan to grow around.
We then pick out the guys that combine on ice entertainment along with the leadership qualities one expects from a captain to lead that 2021 playoff push we’re all so anxious for!

Reactions: Variable26

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lol Boro is a sycophant. It's got him far so good on him.

But it still makes him a sychophant.

it's no suprise that Melnyk, Dorion and the coaches love him. He does and says anything they want.

He's being smart. Or political, if you want to look at it that way.

Being the guy in front of the mic and being the "community player" gives him an NHL paycheck longer than his play warrants, and sets him up for economic opportunities after his playing days are over. We see it all the time with a certain grouping of NHLers. PK Subban, Roenick, Parros, Chris Phillips...lots of guys do it in different ways.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's bull**** … you just hate him. The players seem to all like him.

I genuinely like one of my co-workers despite the fact that he is absolutely terrible at his job.

Boro being popular with his teammates doesn't mean anything when he is that bad and barely plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad