Captain Boroweicki

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Guess who Eugene put in the captains seat.

54268058_10157007691684477_3792719214884683776_n-jpg.200377

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
No surprise really. Boro has been angling himself to be the next C the minute Karlsson was shipped out.

Reactions: Fixxer

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There should be no captain till Brady is ready to take it. The game will pass Boro by sooner then a lot of people think. It would be pointless to put it on him or anyone else at this point in time.

Florida gave Derek MacKenzie the captaincy to be a bridge captain for a few years until Barkov was ready.

I get people won't like Boro as captain, because it's a visual representation of the fact that we've traded all of our stars, but it makes perfect sense. He's a guy we can give the captaincy to with the understanding that he's a bridge captain to Tkachuk. He's been seen as a hard worker and leader everywhere he goes.

Yes, he's a 7th-8th defenseman on most teams, but this isn't most teams. Given we're rebuilding and don't have a strong defensive core, there isn't a whole lot of risk for him to be out of the lineup over the next two seasons.

I'm not in the room, I don't know how the guys see Boro, but given the evidence we have, it absolutely seems like the right short term choice IF we decide to name a captain. (I think we go with 3 "A"s)

Reactions: The Expert

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
There should be no captain till Brady is ready to take it. The game will pass Boro by sooner then a lot of people think. It would be pointless to put it on him or anyone else at this point in time.
I hope BT is the captain eventually (that is, he stays in Ottawa). Sadly EM is part of the "a lot of people" you reference.

Last edited:

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Florida gave Derek MacKenzie the captaincy to be a bridge captain for a few years until Barkov was ready.

I get people won't like Boro as captain, because it's a visual representation of the fact that we've traded all of our stars, but it makes perfect sense. He's a guy we can give the captaincy to with the understanding that he's a bridge captain to Tkachuk. He's been seen as a hard worker and leader everywhere he goes.

Yes, he's a 7th-8th defenseman on most teams, but this isn't most teams. Given we're rebuilding and don't have a strong defensive core, there isn't a whole lot of risk for him to be out of the lineup over the next two seasons.

I'm not in the room, I don't know how the guys see Boro, but given the evidence we have, it absolutely seems like the right short term choice IF we decide to name a captain. (I think we go with 3 "A"s)

I’d much rather see 3 A’s then a bridge captain. Makes it mean that much more when Tkachuk gets it. Would put honour back into it.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018

I've been impressed by the few interviews I've heard with Boro on topics other than the Senators (charity work). Strikes me as a sincere person with his heart in the right place.
As for captain, by default you might be right. Who else? Pageau maybe.
I'd go with three assistants also.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
implying he ever could.
I do like what he does for the community. I just think the way the game has gone or is going, it’s going to be to much for him and his skill set. That’s why I hope they don’t put the C on anyone until BT is ready.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Unpopular opinion here but I don’t mind if he is named captain until Tkachuk or Chabot is ready. Say what you will of his on ice skill (or lack there of), but he is extremely proud to be from Ottawa and to be an Ottawa Senator. That’s the kind of attitude I’d like all of our players to have.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Unpopular opinion here but I don’t mind if he is named captain until Tkachuk or Chabot is ready. Say what you will of his on ice skill (or lack there of), but he is extremely proud to be from Ottawa and to be an Ottawa Senator. That’s the kind of attitude I’d like all of our players to have.
True enough and definitely a positive. It is unfortunate he will be forever linked to Melnyk due to the farcical interview.
For many fans the loyalties are polarized. You're either with EM or agaisnt EM. Boro is seen to be on the pro-EM side. Fair or not doesn't matter.

Last edited:

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
To me I look at it this way, a Captain is someone you would use in all situations on the ice. Someone who takes the team on their back and goes to war ala Karlsson in 17 and Alfie is 07. They were used in all situations on the ice, if the game was on the line with one minute left, they would be on the ice leading the way.
If the game was on the line in a game 7 with one minute left, would you put Boro out there? To me he is a great trooper and I am sure has a voice in the locker room, but he isn’t someone you can lean on in all situations, as you should with a captain.

Reactions: billpo

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Well Boro has been taking the ceremonial face offs before games so this shouldn’t really come as a surprise.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If they are to name a bridge captaib. Pageau should be their man.
He is a heart and soul player. Respected, he isn't a player that should be out of the lineup on most night.

Let's be honest, we have already at least 4 or 5 better LHD in Chabot, Wolanin, Brannstrom and i add Harpur and probably Lajoie.
Unless some of them play their offside, Boro should not be in the lineup starting next year. I will, but he should not.

Reactions: Caesar Rex and Deku

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Which is also the exact thing the Sens have lacked since Phillips, Alfie and Neil retired. There needs to be some pride injected back into that locker room. I'm not sure how they're going to do it, but a guy like Boro in there can't hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad