Captain Boroweicki

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
So you're ok with having mediocre players? If you can't help the team win, then you shouldn't be playing.
Being around replacement level or average isn't so bad, it's when you play below mediocrity that I wouldn't be ok with.

We've had a lot of players not helping the team win lately, I imagine that's why we got rid of them.

Reactions: aragorn

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Being around replacement level or average isn't so bad, it's when you play below mediocrity that I wouldn't be ok with.

We've had a lot of players not helping the team win lately, I imagine that's why we got rid of them.

It's frustrating though seeing players like Karlsson, Stone and Duchene all leave. And the amount of turnover we've had. But Boro is still here.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Right. A company man that tows the line. And you know this how?

From the one video?

Anything else?

Just listen to his interviews. It's not hard. He says the same stuff all the time. Plus the comments from the uber video about Boro. And whatever, it's not necessarily a bad thing. He's not a good player but his job is seemingly safe.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boro's next speach .. from Coach Carter
cfdc7464d7c3c295f2e4def80fc7427a.jpg

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I wish he and Ceci would just go away. My distain for Ryan used to trump all but honestly i cant stand Boro anymore especially now that hes the teachers pet. Dude is tough as nails but flat out a terrible hockey player

Reactions: Mr Hat and Daffy

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Stunning we won tonight without his defensive prowess

I know right. Plus he only makes one mistake every 5 games and he made a mistake last game so he would have been perfect last night. Woulda been 5-0 instead of 4-2. Oh well..

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Still think if they wanted to go with the local route for a captain, Pageau would have been the better choice.

He gets in there when needed and is far from a borderline healthy scratch on an AHL calibre team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Still think if they wanted to go with the local route for a captain, Pageau would have been the better choice.

He gets in there when needed and is far from a borderline healthy scratch on an AHL calibre team.

Yeah he is really the only choice on the roster at this immediate moment. Chabot and Tkachuk likely get there eventually just not ready yet.

I think one more season of Smith, Boro and Ceci as they lead the team to the basement then Tkachuk or Chabot are likely ready for the role.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's frustrating though seeing players like Karlsson, Stone and Duchene all leave. And the amount of turnover we've had. But Boro is still here.

Boro makes $1.2 mil & EK, Stone & Duchene all wanted close to $10 mil each. I know everyone hates Boro but to blame him for all the ails this team is simply wrong & people do it all the time. Boro did not trade EK PD did because the owner told him too, blame those guys. I can remember seeing EK make all kinds of turnovers & mistakes defensively but he's always forgiven because of his offensive production. Boro's mistakes are always highlighted here but I rarely see anyone mention how many times he prevents goals against. He's a defensive defencemen & a 3rd pairing defenceman no more than that & should not be compared to EK.

I know right. Plus he only makes one mistake every 5 games and he made a mistake last game so he would have been perfect last night. Woulda been 5-0 instead of 4-2. Oh well..

Boro also prevents lots of goals against by blocking shots, clearing the front of the net, making big hits & breaking up plays all over the ice. It's easy to point out the mistakes & goals against but no one ever brings out the goals prevented mostly because I don't think many people care or see it or simply don't want to give him any credit for anything. He doesn't deserve the disdain on here, he works as hard if not harder than anyone else on this team & he's doing his best on the worse team in the NHL which is also not his fault. At his age & given he will be in his last yr of his contract next yr I assume he would not be re-signed but more likely traded at the deadline to a team that could use his toughness in their lineup, like the soft as butter leafs for example.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Just to add to the Captain vs Company-man debate around Boro. Here are his comments about Guy Boucher. IMHO he kind of throws him under the bus.

“Most fans and media types can look at us objective and say, ‘Yeah, they’re playing better hockey, they’ve bought in and they’re playing harder for sure and not as many nights of mailing it in or having passengers.’
“For the most part, we’ve been playing a lot harder. Crow’s message of individual accountability is something we needed around here. The past few years around here I think it’s slipped a little bit."

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Boro and Ceci can stick around next season and provide custodial services by ushering this team to another easy dead last finish , beyond that I hope I never hear from either again.

Reactions: MiscBrah

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just to add to the Captain vs Company-man debate around Boro. Here are his comments about Guy Boucher. IMHO he kind of throws him under the bus.

“Most fans and media types can look at us objective and say, ‘Yeah, they’re playing better hockey, they’ve bought in and they’re playing harder for sure and not as many nights of mailing it in or having passengers.’
“For the most part, we’ve been playing a lot harder. Crow’s message of individual accountability is something we needed around here. The past few years around here I think it’s slipped a little bit."

Accountability lol ... Boro ... lol too much .. only on the Ottawa Senators

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not bad Boro.
“It sucks. It’s a bad situation as a guy who grew up here. I do love this city with all my heart and it hurts to see that for sure,” Borowiecki said. “We need to extend that olive branch. The onus is on us as players to get back into this community and show support for this community and make that first step in repairing this relationship.

“That extends to this whole organization too. There are a lot of areas where we need to improve and be better. That includes everyone. It’s time for us to look in the mirror, we’re going to have make our apologies, try to repair some relationships and get back on the right track.”

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Not bad Boro.
“It sucks. It’s a bad situation as a guy who grew up here. I do love this city with all my heart and it hurts to see that for sure,” Borowiecki said. “We need to extend that olive branch. The onus is on us as players to get back into this community and show support for this community and make that first step in repairing this relationship.

“That extends to this whole organization too. There are a lot of areas where we need to improve and be better. That includes everyone. It’s time for us to look in the mirror, we’re going to have make our apologies, try to repair some relationships and get back on the right track.”

It's ironic because getting deadweights like Boro off the roster would do a lot to get this team back on track.

It's the easiest change to make too. But it won't happen.

Reactions: Smeddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad